PDA

View Full Version : speaking of prayers......

jenluckenbach
09-22-2004, 06:47 PM
I know many of you believe in the power of prayer (it is proven by the number of times I see prayer requests).

So let me tell you about my little prayer.

It was not grandious, but it was needed.

My Ashley girl had not been eating for several meals. (friday night, Saturday morning and then night.....) and I was particularly concerned, but was not certain when to panic. So I gave her another day and while at church Sunday morning, I simply wrote her name, ASHLEY, on a prayer card so she would be added to the weekly list. And sure enough by Monday morning she had started to eat again, and by evening cleaned up her portion.

Charlie said to me....."I see your prayer has been answered" and I guess it was. :)

The end.....

slick
09-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Charlie said to me....."I see your prayer has been answered" and I guess it was. :) The end.....
No doubt!!!!! I've had many prayers answered in my lifetime. Sometimes I didn't like the answer I got, but at least it was answered.

K & L
09-22-2004, 07:09 PM
What a touching post Jen. I'm glad you got the "power"!

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Wonderful!

MULTICATMOM
09-23-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by slick
No doubt!!!!! I've had many prayers answered in my lifetime. Sometimes I didn't like the answer I got, but at least it was answered.

SAME HERE!!
KEEP THE FAITH:) :)

Pam
09-23-2004, 06:35 AM
You know it amazes me that some people think that praying for an animal is somehow less important than praying for a human. I believe that if something/anything is important to us it is important to God. I have prayed for animals many times. We are told that God even cares for the sparrow. I agree with Charlie. Your prayer certainly was answered. ;)

catnapper
09-23-2004, 06:45 AM
What a beautiful story on the power of prayer. Sometimes we forget that it does work.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Great story Jen! Thanks for sharing!

Killearn Kitties
09-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Lovely story! I'm glad Ashley is eating. She's one of my little favourites. ;)

catmandu
09-23-2004, 09:18 AM
When i was speakin,to Jen,the other day,she mentioned,that story,and we both remarked,on the nature of miracles,annd are glad,taht Amber,is well again!