PDA

View Full Version : My Mom is in Florida due to the Hurricanes...

NoahsMommy
09-22-2004, 12:48 PM
My mom works for State Farm and is now in Florida for the next two months working catastrophe claims.

She flew into Jacksonville on Sunday, and will be transfering to Panama City today, possibly for the duration of her stay.

The last storm she worked on the east coast was Hugo. She normally stays on the west coast if she sent to do what State Farm calls Disaster Duty, unless something like this happens.

My mom is excellent at what she does, I'm so proud of her love for others. I just miss her...she's turning 50 on October 28th and she'll be out there, alone. :( I think that's why I'm sad to see her so far away. But, I know its for good reasons and know she'll help.

Anyway...anyone near that area? All I know is that its near (or on) the panhandle.

NoahsMommy
09-22-2004, 09:18 PM
bump...

Anyone near that area at all? I'm thinking of surprising her for her birthday and flying over there. :)

Kfamr
09-22-2004, 09:26 PM
According it Mapquest, i'm 7 hours away.
I'm not sure there's many people from FL who live up in that area.

NoahsMommy
09-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
According it Mapquest, i'm 7 hours away.
I'm not sure there's many people from FL who live up in that area.
Really? I didn't know that. Hmmm....wonder if my mom will stay there for the whole time then? I'll have to ask her...

slick
09-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh my gosh Kelly, I'm 2 years older than your Mother that means I'm old enough to be your Mother!!!:eek: :eek: Sure didn't seem that way at Dizzyland!!:D

Prayers on the way that she stays safe. She sounds like a terrific lady.

delidog
09-25-2004, 05:48 AM
We are on The East Coast....
Thank your mom for what she is doing....
The Panhandle got Flattened last week...Very sad....
Now,Here we go again....Your Mom might be staying longer than you think....
Good Luck to her!!