PDA

View Full Version : Do you shop at Ikea?

FizzGiggs_Mommy
09-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Does anyone shop at Ikea?

They just opened a new store in Philadelphia PA which is much close then the one in Elizabeth NJ. I absolutly love this new store. I think I am going to drive my Hubby crazy and Broke;) Now I have two Ikea's to shop at :D They now have a line of pet items which are really cool!

dogs_4_me
09-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Ive never been to Ikea.I want to go check out that new pet line:D

wolf_Q
09-22-2004, 12:39 PM
They don't have them here...at least not that I'm aware of. We just barely got a Kohl's store, I'd never heard of them. Haven't been to it yet though.

lizzielou742
09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Oh, I'm jealous! There's no IKEAs here in Kentucky :p but I do shop at their website. :D Great store!

neko1
09-22-2004, 12:51 PM
I've been bugging my hubby to take me to the one in Paramus!! They have great stuff that's affordable:)

manda_moo87
09-22-2004, 12:52 PM
I LOVE Ikea they only have them on the mainland here unfortunately but whenever I'm there, I have to pop into Ikea! ;)

PJ's Mom
09-22-2004, 12:53 PM
I've never heard of it, but thank goodness for the web. :D

FizzGiggs_Mommy
09-22-2004, 01:00 PM
If anyone is interested here is the like to there website
Ikea Link (http://www.ikea.com/)

catland
09-22-2004, 01:39 PM
I have a friend here at work that just adores IKEA. The nearest one is somewhere near Seattle, which is three hours away so I guess I'll have to miss the experience.

Barbara
09-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Lots of IKEAs around here. I don't know anybody without some IKEA stuff in the house. I have bookshelves, a drawer chest, glasses, 3 lamps.....

Tonya
09-22-2004, 02:05 PM
I try to! I love Ikea. My husband hates it though. He says it reminds him of all the furniture when he lived in Japan.

Uabassoon
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
I've been to one in LA before, I love it. Both Alexa and I love Ikea. There is one opening up in Phoenix on Nov 10, her birthday is Nov 11th so we are planning a birthday trip to Ikea.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-22-2004, 03:03 PM
There's an IKEA in Wiesbaden, just 2 exits down. My taste in furniture is different than what they have to offer. I do go there very often though and end up buying serveware, dishes, knick knacks, pillows, plants, picture frames, etc...

IKEA is very popular here. There is one in almost every other town. Like Barbara said, everybody has something from IKEA.

teenster3
09-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Yes I went to the one in IL with my friend this summer.
It was neat looking at all the many, many things that they had but it was hard to locate the furniture. It was also difficult to find someone to help us. It seemed like not many people that we came in contact with spoke english for some reason. My friend absolutely loved it....she likes the more modern, futuristic looks (lots & lots of silver).
They had a lot of different rooms set up: bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. rooms that all matched, coordinating sets, etc. You can definitely get many different ideas from there. I think the best thing I bought was this cool looking wavy mirror. My friend bought some really cool gymnastic type swing sets for her kids to play on, that you can hook up in your own home.:)
I agree....IKEA was absolutely packed when we went & it was on a weekDAY!

RubyMutt
09-23-2004, 12:15 AM
oh my goodness, our apartment is pratically a photo right out of their catalog :rolleyes:

I LOVE Ikea :D

The city of Renton, WA (the location of the closest Ikea to me, and the only Ikea in WA [I think]) is even planning to rename a street Ikea Way to honor the store :D Here's the story - http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/sited/story/html/173766

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-23-2004, 02:44 AM
I LOVE Ikea, but we don't have one in Bahrain. Our closest are:
Riyhadh - Saudi Arabia - approx 3 hours by car
Dubai - one hour plane trip.

Other than the PET SHOP, it's the first place I go when I land in Dubai and hit the shops!

Uabassoon
09-23-2004, 02:52 AM
I'm excited about my trip to Ikea. I'm going to get this chair since I had to get rid of my recliner because I couldn't get the pee smell out of it (Corkscrew urinated on it a few times when he was sick) I love that the chair folds out into a futon, I wanted something that someone could sleep on in case I have a friend spend the night. But I live in such a small apartment that I can't have a full sized couch.

http://www.ikea-usa.com/PIAimages/33293_PE123326_S3.jpg

When I went to the one in L.A. I bought this pillow. It's actually a cat bed, but I really liked it so I keep it on my bed as a pillow.

http://www.ikea-usa.com/PIAimages/32005_PE122038_S3.jpg

joycenalex
09-23-2004, 05:55 AM
the closest ikea is in pittsburg, almost 3 hours east of columbus. i window shop on line, alot.:) . i'd love to go to the store. there is a carte and barrel opening soon in columbus, so i'll check them out first.;)

Randi
09-23-2004, 07:30 AM
I bought lots of furniture there in the 70ties, but haven't since. We do still have some bookshelves from Ikea, though.

Like others said, everybody here - at least young people, have something from Ikea.