PDA

View Full Version : I don't need your help, mom.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-22-2004, 11:29 AM
We have our morning ritual of T & P being in the bedroom while Terry and I get dressed for work. Peanut is usually on the floor rolling around, acting cute with her little ball, or attacking the feather on a string that Meg sent a few weeks ago. Tubby, on the other hand, likes to just sit on the bed and watch and get pets and smoochies everytime we walk by him. Well, this morning I bent down to pick him up to put him on the bed. I didn't even get my hands around him and he leapt to the little step stool then leapt right up onto the bed, then settled down and looked at me like "See, I can still do it on my own, I don't need your help, mom." Then he just sat there with his two front legs out in front of him looking for all the world like a king on his throne. I couldn't help but go over and smooch on him. :D

Perhaps maybe I'm babying him too much these days and he wants to let me know he's not that old yet. ;) :D

K & L
09-22-2004, 11:33 AM
That's an independent male for you!:D

Logan
09-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Good for him!!!! I'm always delighted, myself, when I see a little "spunk" in Mimi!!!! :D

slick
09-22-2004, 11:41 AM
I have a stool beside the bed too because Specks can't jump up that high any more. The other night before going to bed I did the same as you and she proceeded to jump up by herself. Maybe they are not that old after all. Ain't life grand!

I think you and I should start our own geriatric ward. :D

Killearn Kitties
09-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Clever boy Tubby!! Can't have people thinking you are helpless just yet! :D

catnapper
09-22-2004, 01:02 PM
:D Tubby you still have some kitten left in you, don't ya? Keep showing her thats you've still got it. :D

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Aww, sweet Tubby. I couldn't have resisted smooching on him either. In fact, please plant a big one on him just for me!

catcrazylady
09-22-2004, 01:13 PM
You are just showing Meowmie that your still boss, huh? That's a very good thing and I know your meowmie was very glad that you did do it on your own. She even gave you big kissies for it!!;) :D
Tubby you are an amazing and sweet kitty! Debbie please plant another one of those furry lip locks on the boy for me!:D

Vermontcat
09-22-2004, 01:14 PM
That's right Tubby, you show your mom that you can still do it yourself!:)
The other day Samantha surprised me when I drove back from an errand and saw her sitting on the back of the couch looking out the living room window at me. I haven't seen her climb up on the back of the couch in quite a while. Of course by the time I opened the door she was standing in the middle of the room staring at me. I could still see that the couch cushion was dented from her and it was still pretty warm too.;)
Hugs and kisses to sweet Tubby from Samantha and me.:)

Randi
09-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh Tubby, you saw what was coming and had to jump up on the bed yourself. :) Of course your mom couldn't resist you. :p

Fister does the same thing every morning when I come out of the shower and into the bedroom to get dressed - it's a precious moment I wouldn't want to miss. :)

Debbie, please give Tubby a lot of kisses and smotchies from me - Fister sends loud purrs. :)

catmandu
09-23-2004, 09:51 AM
I have an area,near the bed,so the Found Cats,who are no spring Kittens,can jump up,without effort! I wish,I had ramps,too,some days!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much everyone. All hugs, smoochies and skritchies have been duly delivered and he, of course, acted like he deserved every one of them. ;) :D

Vio&Juni
09-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Good boy, Tubby :)

Kisses from me too ;)

kimlovescats
09-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Oh Tubby ..... you will never be too old for meowmmy loving!!!
Wish we had PICS of this blessed event!!!:rolleyes: :D