PDA

View Full Version : My Endometriosis Update...

teenster3
09-21-2004, 10:49 PM
*To those of you that have Endometriosis or have talked with me before.*
I just wanted to say that I did have laproscopic surgery this morning & it went well. :) Except for the fact that my belly button hurts tremendously, I'm alright.:p I have 3 incisions total...2 on the belly & 1 near the pelvic bone.
I feel alright for the most part & my doctor gave me vicadin to cure the pain but, that's not even working.:( I'm hoping that it starts kicking in here soon.
My husband & friends have been wonderful with calling & helping me to do things. It is hard not being able to do the "usual" stuff around the house though & not being able to play with the dogs.
:(
I can't lift anything for a week & was told to be very careful near that area.
So I'm off all week & will probably be spending a lot of my time here at Pet Talk!:)
I didn't have a chance to talk to the doctor after surgery but if all goes well, Matthew & I are hoping to start a family!:D
Please keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!!
Tina

captain
09-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I hope all the tests come back A-OK!!!!!

Take it easy.:)

jazzcat
09-21-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm glad to hear you are okay and I hope your meds kick in soon.

Prayers on the way that everything goes as planned and you can start a family soon!

dukedogsmom
09-22-2004, 07:03 AM
I haven't had that but have had problems in the past(won't go into detail) So, glad that you'll be doing better. It's wonderful to get rid of the pain and other things.

davidpizzica
09-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Teenster3, Boy do I know what it is like to recover from an operation! I hope the medication kicks in soon to relieve you of the pain. My best wishes to you and your husband on starting a family.

pitc9
09-22-2004, 07:36 AM
I had the same surgery about 6 years ago.

The hardest part of the recovery were the sore stomach muscles healing. (ouch)
That took a few days to stop hurting.

I hope you are feeling better soon!!

ramanth
09-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Tina, I have been thinking of you. My Endo has been acting up real bad this month. :(

I'm glad your surgery went well. I hated that bloated feeling while the gas they put in to extend the belly went away slowly. Bleah.

I hope you heal soon. *hugs*

Tonya
09-22-2004, 09:58 AM
I didn't know that you had Endometriosis. I am so sorry! My girlfriend is going through it right now, it's such a nightmare. I hope you get well soon!

trayi52
09-22-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well, Tina! Hope you can get that family started now.

I know Endo is so painful, I battled it for so many years. You take care, and let everybody look after you.

Willie:D

slick
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Oh Tina, I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday. Prayers coming out to you. I've also been thinking about your Grandmother. How is she?

teenster3
09-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the support! And I feel for those of you that have to endure this as well!!!
It really does stink to have it & it's so very painful. When my husband went to fill my prescription for vicadin they gave him a generic form. It hasn't been working now for 2 days so I called my doctor's office to ask the nurse about it. She told me to keep taking it through today & add ibuprofin to it (800mg). Why is it everytime someone is sick they think the medical drug to take is stupid ibuprofin or tylenol? It just doesn't always work, that's for sure. I'm still in pain.....my belly button being the worst, so I'm supposed to call tommorrow & ask for something else. I wish they would have prescribed it today so I could sleep better tonight!:rolleyes:
A nurse at the hospital called to see how I was doing today & couldn't believe the generic form didn't knock me out. Hmm...I must be a fighter because it seemed to have the opposite effect. I woke up this morning at 8:30 & started cleaning the house & didn't fall asleep until 4:30 this afternoon for an hour only. I had a total of 5 Hydroco (form of Vicadin, 500mg) & 4 (800mg) ibuprofin. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????
I can't sleep! The nurse suggested getting something with codene but supposedly these pills have it in them. I just don't know what to do. I am off work all this week & was hoping to take it easy, to relax, but I'm doing more around the house now than when I'm feeling fine. ARGH.

lovemyshiba
09-23-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're in pain Tina, but glad the surgery went well.
As far as all of those pain relievers, when I was on Vicodin I had the same reaction as you--I didn't sleep for days!! My doctor couldn't believe it, as it was supposed to help me relax as well, but I had the opposite effect.
I'm sure you don't want to be mixing a bunch of drugs up, but sinus and allergy pills always knock me out--if nothing else maybe you could try one of those??

teenster3
09-24-2004, 10:53 PM
My 2 friends came by today & made me homemade enchiladas. (YUM) & bought me a bouquet of flowers!:) I must be emotional I felt like crying!!!
I do hate to mix medicines though. I tried the 2 vicodins with 4 ibuprofen today & it seems to be helping with the pain now. I still can't sleep through the night however!:( Bummer