PDA

View Full Version : I just stepped onto Lily! :(

Kirsten
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Geez, this is scary!!!

Lily has crawled into a folded blanket on the floor and slept there, and when I just wanted to look out of the window, I stepped onto her. She was totally hidden in that blanket, so I did not see her. I stepped on her soft belly, and in the same second I noticed it was her. She came out of the blanket, complaining, and of course I was like "awww, poor Lily..." and she whined and complained.

She's running around and doesn't seem to be in pain, but can I be sure that she has no inner injuries? How scary! :(

I feel so bad!! :(

Kirsten

Barbara
09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
You can be sure. I have stepped on the Tigris more than one time (among his skills is lying in the oddest places) and he complained and went away and after lots of "poor Tigris. I didn't want to hurt you. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Sooooo sorry. Wanna some treats poor boy" he always was ok. If Lily behaves normal she IS fine:)

And I am sure you took your foot away as soon as you noticed and she only got a light kick.

Kissies for her:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2004, 01:01 PM
I am sure YOU are feeling much worse than LILY is right now. Connor has the unfortunate habit of lying right behind me when I work in the kitchen - I have lost count of the number of times he has been tramped on.

Just keep an eye on her for a while - I am sure she will be fine!

(((HUGS)))

sirrahbed
09-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Poor baby! BUT, I can assure you that mine have also been stepped on!:eek: The moment you realize what you are doing - you quickly take OFF the pressure. If Lily were hurt, I believe she would let you know. Sure makes you feel guilty though, I know!!:)

nibblets
09-21-2004, 01:11 PM
I was carrying a laundry basket through the house and did not see Julie. My foot went right under her belly and when I stepped forward it flung her into the door frame. Her tail got stepped on just last week when I was cooking dinner. Luckily I was in my sock feet and not my shoes, but she let it be known I was on her tail. RRROOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWERRRRRRRR!!!!

Like Debbie said, you back off ASAP but it sure makes you feel bad.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Tubby is very hard to see in the dark and has been stepped on too many times to count. You would think he'd learn to sleep against walls or on couches or somewhere else besides the middle of the floor. :rolleyes: But he has always been fine because like Barbara says, as soon as I realize I'm not stepping on hard floor I quickly pull my foot away - almost falling over in the process usually - so no real harm is done to Tubby.....or his tail. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Just do some extra spoiling and treat giving (to ease your guilt) and I'm sure she'll be fine. :)

catlover4ever
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm sure Lily will be just fine. I can not tell you how many times Smokey has been stepped on too. He is always under foot in the kitchen....it seems that I tend to step on his tail more than any other part of him.

It only took Mystic one time for me to step on her and now when she see's me coming she takes the fast track in the other direction. ;)

lizzielou742
09-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Aw! It's OK Kirsten, I have stepped on Tito's tail before, and on little Sophie's paw once. They sure do complain, but they're fine!!

You'd know if they weren't OK! My old room-mate was getting out of bed one morning, and stepped right down on her 10-week old kitten. Her lung collapsed, and she broke a rib or two. My friend rushed her to the vet, but I guess the poor kitty was without enough oxygen until she got there, and they thought at first the kitty suffered a slight amount of brain damage. Poor baby healed up just fine after three days at the hospital and lots of rehab time at home. I guess if she did get brain damage it was minimal, because they can't tell. Still, imagine how guilty my friend felt! At least nothing like that happened to you! :eek:

catland
09-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Joxer (who is all grey) used to sleep right in front of the bathroom door - he finally outgrew that habit after being accidentally stepped on or kicked in the middle of the night.:eek:

Kirsten
09-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Lizzielou, that's horrible what happened to your friend and the poor kitten! :( Poor girl! Glad she seems to be alright!

Looks like Lily is doing fine! But she ran around for a while and complained, maybe she wanted meowmie to feel guilty!

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Cats are experts at guilt trips! Once I was getting out of the shower and Remus butthead that he is decided that laying in front of the shower was a great idea. Well I steped down and my foot found a kitty tail and he jumped around (fastest I have ever seen that cat move) and latched on to my foot with claws and teeth! Of course Im startled as all get out and am balancing with one foot in the shower and I slip on water. Fall on to my back in the tub (luckily I hit the wall first), cat went flying off my leg and hit the towel rack (I am never going to understand HOW he hit the towel rack but he did) and ran off. So now I have a brused head, a bleeding leg. Remus glared at me for hours afterwards at the indignaty of it all. He of course was ok.

:rolleyes: Be glad you got away with just a few complaints!!

catnapper
09-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Poor Lily, poor meowmie!

She sounds perfectly fine, even though she grumped about it. I (being the klutz I am) have tripped over or stpped on both boys numerous times. I usually get nasty looks and some harsh words from them, not to mention an angry swishing tail as they retreat.

Allen and Pouncer like to sleep in the hallway - in the middle of the night, in the dark and me with no eyeglasses - lets just say they were asking for it! :D

jenluckenbach
09-22-2004, 04:41 AM
I hate when I accidentally step on one of the cats. :( It makes you feel so bad, but you would know if REAL injuries occured by her actions. Just give extra loving to make up for the mistake, that's what I do.

Jods
09-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Pixie,
Is always in my way... She like runs in front of me I trip over her like 10 times a day fortunately I've never stepped on her but, my boyfriend has... I always yell at him to watch where he's going lol hehehe... Poor lil girly... She hisses at him and hides under the couch till meowmie comes to save her from that bad ol stinky foot lol...
I'm sure she'll be fine.... If she's acting normal... She probably did want sympathy kisses... lol :) ;)

catmandu
09-22-2004, 08:31 AM
AS careful,as I try,to be,with failing vision,and a sore back,I occcasionallytrip,or step,on a Found Cat,now and then,as they dont realize,that they can see me,better,than I can see them!Im sure that Lily,is fine!

smokey the elder
09-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I have stepped on more tails and punted more kitties than you can imagine.:( I apologize profusely and make amends with scriches and treats.

Kirsten
09-24-2004, 02:43 PM
It happened again - same situation!!! :( :( :(

Poor Lily! She has a new habit, crawling under the kitty blanket on the floor, and when I open or close the window above, I'm stepping onto her. :(

Now I'm thinking about finding a new place for the blanket, but it's one of Luna's favorite places for a long time now, so I don't know if this would confuse her.

Or I just have to remind myself to be extra careful! :rolleyes:

Kirsten