PDA

View Full Version : Donations Needed For Dusty's People's Foster Kitty....

QueenScoopalot
09-21-2004, 12:53 PM
The kitty went to the vets on an emergency call last night, and has been having lots of ups and downs. Leslie has offered to pay the bill but really doesn't have money for a huge bill So I'm posting this in hopes others will be willing to contribute to this abandoned (by the neighbors :mad: ) cat "Lucky" to help defray the cost some. Hopefully Laura's son will post the vets office info address etc. And we all need to say prayers that Lucky will pull through whatever bug has hit him so hard. :( If even a few people contributed something, it would be wonderful. ;) I'm glad Dusty's People have taken this cat & his brother into their house until other arrangements can be made to find them forever homes in a no-kill shelter. Here's the link to the thread Leslie posted last night regarding this....thanks! Jan P.S if contributions are sent, it's a good idea to write that it's for Lucky's care on the check, or a note. ;)
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59214

I'm sure Laura would be delighted to get back from work, and find out that Lucky survived, and maybe will get a good home with his littermate! :D

mina'smomma
09-21-2004, 01:13 PM
After reading the thread Leslie said she didn't know the address for the donations to be sent. I have it listed here.

Animal Care
14101 W. Club Deluxe Rd.
Hammand, LA 70403

My and Mina's prayers are with Lucky.

Chong?????

QueenScoopalot
09-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh yes we just looked in the phonebook and they have a web site for Animal Care if you are interested the web site is www.animalcarecenter.net It gives all the information being requested.

I crossposted this from the other thread that Leslie started. Dusty's People posted a link to the animal hospital....and I highjacked his post! :eek: :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2004, 05:01 PM
:D

"Lucky" (formerly known as "Cheech") is "hanging in there"!

I just got off the phone with Dr. Wheat -
the "owner" of the Clinic in Hammond that is treating him.

Doc Wheat called Hammond and spoke with Lucky's Treating Vet -
Dr. Kate Adams ~~

No "New News" - still awaiting blood test results -
but Doc Adams told Doc Wheat she "thinks" he may pull through all this -
but she's still worried because they have no idea WHAT's wrong
with him - WHY he has the high fever.

SO FAR - he's run up about a $350.00 Bill -
and of course he's NOT "out of the woods" -
nor out of the Hospital - yet.

Donations for Lucky ~~

Here's the Full Name of the Clinic =

Animal Care Center
14101 W Club Deluxe Rd
Hammond, LA 70403

*NOTE* the correction of the spelling of the town = Hammond.

If you *MAIL* a donation check or money order -
please show "Lucky the Cat" on the "memo" line.

If you'd like to use VISA or MasterCard - the Clinic
*WILL* Accept credit cards over the phone ~
Call the Clinic at (985) 542-6300 -
but they CLOSE at 5:30 PM EASTERN Time - so don't call till Wednesday.

THANKS for any and all Donations!!

;)

/s/ Phred

QueenScoopalot
09-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

"Lucky" (formerly known as "Cheech") is "hanging in there"!

I just got off the phone with Dr. Wheat -
the "owner" of the Clinic in Hammond that is treating him.

Doc Wheat called Hammond and spoke with Lucky's Treating Vet -
Dr. Kate Adams ~~

No "New News" - still awaiting blood test results -
but Doc Adams told Doc Wheat she "thinks" he may pull through all this -
but she's still worried because they have no idea WHAT's wrong
with him - WHY he has the high fever.

SO FAR - he's run up about a $350.00 Bill -
and of course he's NOT "out of the woods" -
nor out of the Hospital - yet.

Donations for Lucky ~~

Here's the Full Name of the Clinic =

Animal Care Center
14101 W Club Deluxe Rd
Hammond, LA 70403

*NOTE* the correction of the spelling of the town = Hammond.

If you *MAIL* a donation check or money order -
please show "Lucky the Cat" on the "memo" line.

If you'd like to use VISA or MasterCard - the Clinic
*WILL* Accept credit cards over the phone ~
Call the Clinic at (985) 542-6300 -
but they CLOSE at 5:30 PM EASTERN Time - so don't call till Wednesday.

THANKS for any and all Donations!!

;)

/s/ Phred
YEEEOUCH Phred! That bill's not unexpected for emergency critical care, but I sure hope this shameless plea for donations brings out the spirit in all the PTers! ;) Come on Lucky...you HAVE to pull out of this one so Laura can come home to some really good news! Thanks for the uppy-date! ;)

Dusty's People
09-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Just wanted to give a Special Heart Filled Thank You to all the PTer's for being so helpful. I know that Dr. Adams is doing her best to care for Lucky. I could see concern in her eyes last night well EARLY this morning when she told us Lucky(aka Cheech) would have to spend the night. It really saddened My wife & me to have to leave him there. My wife held him in her arms for about an hour before we left to bring him to the Vets Office. I would like to take a few mins to Thank Leslie and the rest of the PTer's for making this Possible for Lucky. All you PT'ers are true Angels. The help and the response are overwelming enough to make a person cry:( . So once again thank all of you...

Dusty's People
09-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Mom called and is totally amazed By everything happening with Lucky. She is glad he made it to the Vet........ Said if she were home it would be a lot of running from the Vet to the PC to keep you all posted but Hey Duty Calls. She also asked that I tell you a Greatful Thank You. She was hoping to get a reply on what could be the problem and it turned out She missed something better. When I spoke to her about 6:00pm she said to tell you all Thank you from her and that Lucky and all you PTer's would be in her Prayer's. So now I have updated you from the boat end of all this. Again God Bless You All.

leslie
09-21-2004, 09:14 PM
oh dear! I just wish I knew how the poor boy is doing tonight and kicking myself for not telling dr. to call me at work and to call Rhonda and Kev at home with update before she leaves for the night.. Hopefully she will call one of us in the am! I was hoping she would do cbc, wbc etc today...kicking myself for not insisting and just going for her deciding when would be right time- he should have had it today- oh well maybe she feels he's too weak to take blood- i am not the vet, sigh...Thanks all again, thanks thanks thanks!

catmandu
09-22-2004, 08:51 AM
I wish,that I could donate,But Princess,and Moose,taht I know,of,need Expensive Dental,done,and Maybe JJJ3! Each treatment,is going,to be at least $500.All we,can do is to send Prayers!

Cinder & Smoke
09-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Fear Not ~ Lucky, da Kat, is doin "OK" this morning!! :) :)

Temp was down to 99.5
He "ate" his grub last night
He's *pee'd* (no mention of *pooh*)
He's started on a Vitamin Supplement

Blood Test results STILL not back ("maybe today").

Doc Kate Adams is "off" today -
Doc "Laverne" is watching him today - she'll prolly give
him another "check-up" at lunch time today.

As of Noon - Lucky's "bill" was up to <eek> $428.79!

I took a few bucks off that with an Over-the-Phone CC payment;
so far none of the mailed donation checks have arrived -
but that's not unusual.

The Clinic is working with us on the bill -
they have agreed to *wait* a few days
to see what comes in from Pet Talkers.

They offered to have Doc Laverne call me with an Uppy-Date when
Doc got done with a patient she was seeing -
I said to wait till Doc gives him his *check-up* - THEN call me.

So we (*I*) might hear something more this afternoon.
I'll *post* when I hear from them. ;)

And Front Desk Danielle confirmed the Word is Out that both Lucky and
Brudder Cheech are "available" to a Loving Home "down South" -
I think they're sorta "working on that". :)

Hang In There, Lucky!!

/s/ Phred

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the uppy-date Phred....Leslie's been wondering. I think she'll pass out at the bill to date. :eek: I called the clinic earlier at Leslie's request (she's at work) and they wouldn't give me any info except to say that Lucky is still alive. It would be great if a forever home was found for both Lucky & Louis (as he was dubbed) be it down South, or transported up North. Sure hope some donations get there quickly. ;) I'd be donating if I didn't already have reservations at the poor house. :(

Cinder & Smoke
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM

He's started **PURRRrrrrin**!! :) :D

Doc Lavergne just checked in after giving Lucky a PM *check-em-up* ~~

DOIN **PHINE** is a good summary!

She said his blood tests *point* towards it being "Haemobartonella" -
or "Hemobartonellosis" - an infection of the blood.

Read all about it at >>>
VetInfo - Hemobartonellosis (http://www.vetinfo.com/catpara.html#Hemobartonellosis)

They changed his Antibiotic Meds and he immediately started to
respond to the New Meds!! :)

Doc said he IS *Purrrrrin* and begining to "walk around" a bit -
EXCELLENT Signs!!

Just got interrupted ...
The Clinic called to ask how to get onto this Pet Talk web site!!
They want to see what all the *Phuss* is about! ;)

HI to the Lucky's White Coats!!
We'll find the other "threads" and link them for you.
Take GOOD Care of "our" Kucky Kat, please!!

Back to Lucky's Tail ~~

He's doing MUCH Better!!
Keep the Purrayers and Good Wishes flowing, please.

Annnnd... a few "Donations" sure wouldn't hurt!

*edit*
:eek:
I messed up Doc's name (badly) ... (Sorry, Doc!!)
Here she is >>

Dr. Melanie Lavergne ...
http://www.animalcarecenter.net/hammond/drlavergne.jpg

/s/ Phre

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 02:39 PM
That is great news!!! I'm so glad he is responding!

I think once all the other threads are linked in this one someone should cross post in General. I'm sure there are some generous folks over there who would like to help but may not visit the cat side much.

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 02:44 PM
I just called in my VISA donation and spoke with a very nice receptionist, Danielle who told me Lucky was doing "great":) She sounded very happy to hear from another PetTalker!! I hope they do peek in - if so..
Please keep taking care of our Lucky boy!!!

Yes, a compilation of all the threads would be a great idea but I do not have time to do it just now - maybe later!! I have Missy here and need to get busy with dinner.

Thanks for the updates, Phred.

lynnestankard
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

Thanks Pred - QSL - Leslie - Dusty's People - AND Doc Lavergne.

I'm going to get on the phone right now.

C'Mon Lucky - you can do this - we're all rooting for you xxxxx

Lynne

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Funny, everytime I try to call to make a donation the line is busy. I hope that is good news on donations coming in.

Back to calling.

lynnestankard
09-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Right I've phoned through and placed a donation for Lucky - completely painless - c'mon Pet Talkers we can help this gorgeous fur boy!!

Lynne

PS Hee hee Jazzcat - bet you tried when I was on the line! Keep trying won't you?

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2004, 03:26 PM
AWWWW Thank you ALL!! I'm sure Leslie will be very happy she doesn't have to swallow this whole bill herself now! :D Glad a diagnosis hs been made, but now wonder if his brother Louis is carrying this as well? I had no idea it could cause such severe fever in a cat...but am tickled to know he's finally feeling better! YAYYY!!! Hope his White Coats check in here and see for themselves what all the fussin's about! :D ;) They may never leave LOL! :D

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Just got through and he is still doing better.

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Great news Jazzcat! Also good idea about crossposting in General as well. My 'puter's being annoying today, so I'm not even attempting it right now! Time to reboot I guess. :rolleyes: Keep those donations coming everyone! ;) It would be wonderful if Lucky & Louis both got homes with a PTer. Wishful thinking!? :confused: :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-22-2004, 04:13 PM
:eek:

Gud Grief!! :p

PLEASE ~ Don't start any *more* Lucky Tails threads!

There's PLENTY floating around here now! :p

Current "thread" asking for Donations & his current condition
entitled: "Donations Needed For Dusty's People's Foster Kitty...."

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59267
---------------------------------------

another "thread" entitled: "Prayers Needed For Laura's son's Cheech!"

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59214
----------------------------------------

early "thread" entitled "Todays Update On Cheech" (9/20)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59205
----------------------------------------------

Thread entitled: "More On the Help Needed from Laura's Babies" (9/19)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59046
-----------------------------------------------

FIRST Thread about Cheech/Lucky - the Day he was Found -
entitled: "Need some help..... "

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59006

That's "all" I could find... :p

/s/ Phre

Dusty's People
09-22-2004, 05:44 PM
:( had to run and go pay some Bills and I missed the Call from the Animal Care Clinic....... I will try and call them tomorrow am. But you missed the the original link posted on Lucky http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=59006 this was Originally posted by Laura's Babies

Cinder & Smoke
09-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey Dusty~~

Doc asked that Your People kinda keep an *eye* on lil Chong/Louie -

Doc said if he has what Cheech/Lucky has -
he will begin acting the Same Way -
very lethargic, high temp, mopey, may not eat...

If Brudder Chong/Louie stays "perky" - then he either wasn't
infected; OR he fought it off on his own.

Doc also said it's not too likely that da Boys would have
:eek: *infected* the other Dusty's Howze Kats -
but to be *SAFE* - Brudder Chong/Louie SHOULD be kept isolated
from any other cats for a while.

PS: Laura's Thread (#59006) is the LAST one in my summary list. ;)

/s/ Phred

Dusty's People
09-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Louis is seprate from the other cats he has his own room here. I have him Isolated from all 5 of the others just checked on him and he appears to be fine...... His is still purring and quite active. They (Louis and Lucky) were put out by the neighbors at the same time but very few times did I see them together. So he may be in the clear. So I guess we need to say our Prayers for him as well. I just don't understand how people can get pets and not really want them. But thanks for the update.

Dusty's People
09-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Ok Mom (Laura's Babies) just call for an update and asked if I would e-mail her the vets name and phone # so she could check on him throughout the day and make a DONATION toward Lucky's Pet Care bill. And again sends her prayers for all PTer's and Lucky

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Being this is transmitted by fleas..is Louis flea free I hope? And all your cats Dusty's People & Laura's Babies? Just a thought. Better to be on the safe side, though I'm not so sure this is all that easily transmitted. Sure beats the diagnosis of panlekopenia aka distemper! A heartfelt HUGE thank you to all who've donated to this worthy little Louisiana castaway! :D :) Pet Talk people are just the best..and I'm so happy to have 'met' so many wonderful and giving people! ;) Laura will be sooo happy hearing all this great news! Jan

QueenScoopalot
09-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Leslie's here and wants all of you to know how very, very much she appreciates PT prayers, donations, vet calls, good wishes, and especially to Dusty's People for taking these two boys in the first place! :D We're all so grateful for all the donations coming through for this "Lucky" boy! All the Pters want Rhonda & Kev to give Lucky LOADS of kisses and headbonks to the purring happy boy! :) ......Don't taper off on those donations LOL :D

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi all - I placed a cross post over in General and it is here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59380). I thought this would give more folks a chance to read about Lucky, even if they are unable to help - to know what a fantastic thing is being done on PT.
This look OK with everyone???

BCBlondie
09-22-2004, 08:58 PM
I hope Lucky is doing better! Are they still accepting donations? I won't have time to call in tomorrow (I don't get home until around 4pm pacific time), but I can call in on Friday. Will they still be accepting donations on Friday? :)

Lucky - Get well soon!!! :)

Dusty's People
09-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Yes I am sure donations will still be accepted Friday. I would again Like to send all my thanks to All PTer's for all the thoughtful things you all are doing for a Kitty no one has met. And again the little guy Lucky gives you all his Apaw's and an all paws up for helping him through this. I will try and post some pics of him as soon as he gets out the Animal Care Clinic.

Dusty's People
09-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh and I forgot to add that All cats are FLEA FREE. They get treated as per Directed on the Advantage drops. So no flea trouble to worry about here.

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-23-2004, 09:14 AM
I understand there is a miracle taking place. This had made my heart swell with so much love for everybody. I never would have dreamed in a million years!! When I posted Sat 9/18/04 that it would have inspired this miracle that is taking place right now. To say thank you seems so insufficient!! I am proud to be a member of the PT Family, the greatest family in the world! I will be calling shortly with my donation and to check on our boy Lucky. One Lucky PT kitty.....the newest member of the PT Family! To say Thank you again seems so insufficient but for the moment it is all I can do. I will stay in touch and checking on him and the situation. My many, many heart felt thanks to everyone...even those who may only have been able to say a prayer. I have to go sling my pots and pans for now but will check again on this later. Love for everybody and their fur babies for now.

Laura

To all the PTers

I join Laura in saying a heartfelt thank you for Dusty's People and Leslie. I have never heard of anything like this is my life!!! You are all some pretty special people with awfully big hearts for our 4 footed furry friends!!! There are some pretty amazing people in this family of PTer's and I am glad to be a part of it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Just got off the phone with April. Sounded like she was sort of busy (had to put me on hold, phone ringing in the background....) but she did say he is doing good! :D

Go Lucky! :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-23-2004, 10:47 AM
:)

Lucky, da PT Kitty, is DOIN JUST ** FINE **!!

Just got off the phone with Doc Kate Adams - the White Coat who
first saw Lucky...
She's VERY Impressed at how well he responded to the new Meds he
got after the blood tests were in...

Doc says he's become a lil Purrrrin Machine,
gives Rubbies to everyone, walks around his cage,
and "EATS like a Horse"! :D

She's going to do a fecal test on his next BM;
and is a lil bit worried that he's Sooooo Thin -
but with his appetite - he should start gaining weight.

Financial Report:

His total bill is around $450.00 - with MORE to be added...
We have ABOUT $145.00 received as Credit Card Donations
Leaving a "Current Balance" of $300.00 ( :eek: )

They have not received ANY of the mailed-in Donations (YET) -
but today's mail hasn't arrived - and we KNOW there are
Donations in the mail!

THANKS!! to ALL who have Donated; and to those who will Donate!!

NEXT CHALLENGE:

We NEED to find Lucky and Brudder Louie a HOME!!

The Clinic will take a *snappie* of Lucky and post it on the
waiting room bulletin board.
None of the Staff know of any Local Shelters who are no-kill. :(

Southern Pet Talkers ~
We need HELP in finding either a Kat Rescue who will
accept da Twin Boys (they're ~8 months old) -
OR ~ A New FurrEver Home!

And we need to find a place for them SOON!!
Lucky, if he continues to improve at his present rate -
will be ready for Discharge NEXT WEEK!!

ANYbody need a kupla Kute Boy Kats??

/s/ Phred

Cinder & Smoke
09-23-2004, 05:44 PM
<Meee-Ooooow>

Louie/Chong (L) and sickie Brudder Lucky/Cheech on the (R) >>>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p938fe54fc269bc63002f66be5d7b930f/f6f7d248.jpg

QueenScoopalot
09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Such a handsome pair of kittens! :) Everyone...put on your thinking caps! Now we need to find forever homes ASAP. ;)

leslie
09-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Regarding the bill! Well, we shall see what the total is and after donations, the rest I will cover! You all have been super! I am so happy that Lucky seems to have sprung back to life! I am still at work, and won't be home till nearly 9pm at this rate so won't get to call the vet- I am so glad others have been able to talk to the vet clinic! Tomorrow, I have to leave early before they open so geez- it's been hard but it seems they have not needed my "approval" for treatment or they would have called me and left messages on my voice mail! (They have my visa # for billing for treatment). So anyway, thanks all! Dusty's People, You use a very nice vet service! I am glad we called them Monday night instead of some service you didn't know of- turned out to be a good move and close to home for you all. How's Louie doin? How are YOU guys doin????

dukedogsmom
09-23-2004, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't be able to pay anything for about two weeks. Would that still be ok? It won't be a lot but I'd like to help. Kind of return the good favors from Chance last year.

leslie
09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Hello there dukedogsmom! I will pm you re: your wonderful kindness here! As we are anticipating Lucky may continue to get better? We hope we hope we pray we pray... and be discharged to Laurasbabies son and daughter-in-law Kev and Rhonda, (Dustys People).

Dusty's People
09-23-2004, 11:25 PM
I just can't tell anyone here in PT just what a GREAT bunch of animal lover's you are. The response, The Prayer's, The Help with keeping up with Lucky's Hospital stay, and the finances are just about enough to make a Grown man cry. These two Boy's have more Family than anyone I know. Their family are from every where just look in the mirror and realize you are their family, Their Heaven Sent, And THEIR ANGELS. Each and everyone of you took a BIG part in these Twin Kitties Life. Yes We (Rhonda, Mom, & Myself) are the ones that found Lucky in real bad shape. But ALL of YOU are the one's that helped the most. Prayer's, Donations, & Support is what has Lucky where he is at today I am amazed at what all you have done for a little Kitty. Louis & Lucky may not be moch to the people who owned Them but we all done our part in giving them a loving Family here in PT I just hope when they get in there FOREVER HOME/'s the People will become a part of the PT Family, So that we can Keep intouch with these Boys. My Wife and I plan to go visit Lucky and make a donation toward the Vet Care Bill. I know it will not be much but every little bit helps. The boys can stay here until we either find them Transportation or a Loving Family Here in Ponchatoula, La or the surrounding area. If Transported I may be able to help a touch and the Doc may also know some other route's to go about this. Next week I will be in Fort Smith, Ark. working but that may be to soon for Lucky.
Ok I am going to stop jabbering as my wife calls it (LOL) But just want to say God Bless each and everyone of YOU, and again Thank you all so very Much....... Kevlin

Dusty's People
09-23-2004, 11:36 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH forgot to tell you all Louie is doing great Purring up a Storm & missing :( Lucky. I know he can't wait till hims brother gets back. Well PTer's God Bless You and Thanks Again.

jazzcat
09-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the update on Lucky. I'm glad to hear he is doing better and purring up a storm.

lynnestankard
09-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the 'uppiedate' Kevin - I've been having a little weep again - I adore all P.T'ers - what a family !!!

Phred - doing a wonderful job on check-ups - it's so appreciated - especially by the overseas arm of PT!!

Lets all keep up the good work with donations and prayers for Lucky xxxx

Lynne

catcrazylady
09-24-2004, 05:47 AM
I have been so daggone busy here at work and home that I haven't had a chance to post but I'm keeping up with Lucky and his wonderful progress.
Sorry I had to wait until today but the check is in the mail. Not much but I want to help.
Tell the clinic to hang on for snail mail!!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful updates and please keep them coming!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all the wonderful people going out of their way to help this precious baby.:) :) :) :) :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2004, 11:10 AM

Meee-O:)ooww!!

Dat'z Kat Talk fur "HI, Pet Talkerz!!"

Diz is Lucky, da PT Kat, checkin in frum da Hoppsbittel...

Doc kuldint "talk" to Mr. Phred kuz she's doin a Sir Jury;
but since I'z feelin Soooooo Much better (an Meeee-Oooowin
up succha storm in my lil room), da Gurlz sed I kan "talk" fur myself!

Kinda *miss* lil Brudder Louie, but ebberbuddie her at da Klinik is
reallie *NICE* to me - anna FOOD is GUD, too!
Doc is :) dat I eatz so much!!
She sez I need ta Keep Eatin! ~ Guess I'z a lil *skinney*! :o

Anna "Meeee-Oowin" - dey say I "talk" a LOT!

I gotta say "FANKZ" fur allua Donations that you Pet Talkerz have
sent in fur me!! W:)W!! Reelee *NICE* of you Folks!
Wuz afraid I wuz gonna hafta getta * J O B * affore they'd lemmie
outta here!

Rumor hazzit that Louie an Me "kan stay" wiff Dusty anna Gang
fur a lil while - whilst y'all (I *meow* "Southern") work
on findin us a FURRever Home.
Dat's REEL NICE of Dusty anna Gang!!
We'll do our best ta be GUD Foster FurKidz!!

But whut'z dis talk about "da Big *SNIP*"??
Not so sure bout DAT! :(
Izzat part of da "doption program"??

Doc sez she won't do no *snippin* rite now - but dat
I can "look forward" to dat sum day when I'z a lil stronger...
Hmmmm... :confused:

Well, nice "Mee-Ooowin" atcha -
but I'z havin a bit of a *hunger pang* ...
Think I'z gonna do sum *Yellin* an see if I kan
attrackt da Feeder Gurl!!

Nice *Mee-Ooowin* atcha!!

/s/ Lil Lucky :D :D

QueenScoopalot
09-24-2004, 11:41 AM
If you keep eating so much Lucky, the clinic may just run out of food! :D Then you'll have to stay on there doing kitchen duty...get those lil' gloves on so you don't get soggy toes. ;) Nothing like dishpan toes LOL! Glad to hear that Lucky boy's doing so well, and that Kevlin & Rhonda are willing to keep fostering them for a wee bit! :D Thanks for all the wonderful uppy-dates Phred.

emily_the_spoiled
09-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I just wanted to say that I tried phoning a couple of times and the line was always busy ... must be all those PTer's. But I finally managed to get through a put a little bit towards Lucky's bill. It isn't much, but I figure that every little bit helps.

Now we just have to find them a home...

Grace
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
I phoned in this morning and donated. Luckily I got through on the first try. I enclosed a little extra to cover his voracious appetite - :cool:

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I'z goin HOME!??

Thunk I WUZ "home"???

Ooooh - goin to Dusty's Howze!
:cool:

Izzit a long walk??

Oohh - Momma Rhonda an Poppa Kelvin are commin fur me...
An lil Brudder Louie is *waitin* fu me? NEET-O!!
I *missed* dat lil Twerp!!

Gonna *miss* all you guyz here inna Klinik!! :(
An I won't get ta say G-Bye ta Doc Kate... :(
Gonna *miss* her - she wuz Sooo Nice ta me!

TANKS to allua youze Klinik Peepil!!

Hey - can ya pack summa dat Wet Food ya been gibbin me?
Dat'z GUD Grub! Jest a kan or two -
I'll get uzed to da *DRY* Stuff again - unnerstand dat'z whut Dusty's
Gang all eetz - I kan handle dat!

Uggggh... gettin a TWO-week supplie of *PILLZ*, too...
Kuld do wiffout them!
OK - I'll be a Gud Boy an not spit em out.

WARSH UP?? ~ Why?
Poppa Kelvin is suppozed ta take *snappiez* of me wiffa Staff?
OK - I'll do sum *spittin* & *polishin* whilst I waitz.

Gettin 'cited now...
Goin Home - hazza nice *ring* to it!! ;)

TANKS AGIN, EBBERBUDDIE!!!

/s/ da lil Pet Tawlk Kat - LUCKY!!

sirrahbed
09-24-2004, 04:15 PM
oh WOW!!! So happy for you Lucky!! Good boy:D

Dusty's People
09-24-2004, 05:07 PM
We just walked in the door with Lucky. Took a picture of him at the Clinic with April & Nicole Hope I spelled it right. He does look much better still a little skinny and upon putting him in his room with Louie he went stright to the food dish. Of course while trying to eat brother Louie decided to give him a welcome hug, and Lucky didn't like it to much he fussed and Louie went back and laid down. Soon as I get more pics I will find someone who knows how to post them and I will e-mail them Pics to post...... I just wanted everyone to know he is home and again thank you all so much.

jazzcat
09-24-2004, 05:31 PM
Welcome home Lucky!!!!

Can't wait to see pictures.

sirrahbed
09-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Yeay!!! Lucky is home! Thank you so much for letting us know:) It will be GREAT to see some pictures. Hope the brothers get to snuggling again soon.

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2004, 09:29 PM
:cool:

Poppa Kelvin sent these *snappies* along of Lucky's Last Day
at Animal Care and his First Nite back HOME with
(Bigger) Brudder Louie and Dusty's Klan...

Lil Lucky says G-Bye to Animal Care Staffers April and Nicole
(His White Coats were both busy :( with other kritters...
Lucky may return for a *snappie* with the Docs)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p8782d8dd71dde52052788c77c8c48667/f6e5051f.jpg
------------------------------------------------

Lucky's HOMEcoming...
Lucky (L) sez: "Hi Brudder Louie!! ~ Long Tyme no see!"

Louie (R) sez: " :eek: ~ You *stink* like a Hoppsbittle!
I's OUTTA Here affore I get stuffed in dat porta-prizon!!
An don't be munchin All our grub - we gotta "share"!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p89d7cc31fd2ebf11aa21b3fbfe7e87b1/f6e50527.jpg
-------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhhh... Home SWEET HOME!!
Sure feels GUD to be wiff Fambly dat LUVZ ya!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p8717f1973dde2ad239f4738b15b0c7ea/f6e5051c.jpg

Wheeeew!
Been kinda a *ruff* week...
Gud ta be Home agin...
But I fink I'z a lil bit *Sleeeeeepy*...
Zzzzzzzzzzz...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p929425e2d4933e62a5418e46296ab358/f6e50522.jpg

ALL is Well on the Home Front!!

BIG THANKS to all who have helped and those that will be
sending a Donation in the future.

And let's not furget to say "MANY THANKS" to
Dusty Kat, Rhonda, and Kelvin for sharing their Home with
these PT Boys!!

/s/ Phred

leslie
09-24-2004, 11:57 PM
What great photos! Yes, I would love to see a pic of Dr. Adams who was so nice to talk to me on the phone for at least 20+minutes monday night at 1am my time and again for a several minutes the next am. I felt she was receptive to all my questions and willing to explore all possible problems with Lucky and very sensitive to the situation overall- and her bedside manner- though I wasn't there, to me anyway, seemed very cat acute and empathetic! If I live in LA, she would be my vet! Well jan and I got some websites tonight on some transports (one in pet finder that doesn't look to do so well so is discouraging when you read the posts) But will go to all the sites we found anyway. On my way home, a 40 minute ride, my car broke down. Luckily, I only had to walk 5 blocks to a train and wait only 1 hour till 10pm to get home but am now car-less till I dunno when. Where I live, there are no buses etc, just a train. Argh. I did try to call vet from jan's (QSL) but they were closed. Thanks all for contributions! Next step is getting homes and keeping Dusty's People afloat with food and litter! (sorry you guys are strapped with 2 cats but glad you are willing to hang on to them! You must be glad to have Lucky home- he is VERY cute!)

catcrazylady
09-25-2004, 06:57 AM
YIPPEE!!!! Lucky is "home"! He looks so relaxed and he sure looks a lot better.
Kevin and Rhonda- It is so wonderful of you all to take in these two precious boys for now. I know you have your hands full with your own and catsitting for your mom. Your house must be starting to look like mine!!!;) :D It's a wonderful thing that you all have done and are still doing. Thank you so much for being such wonderful people.:)
Phred- How can we thank you for being so great with the updates and picture posts? You are wonderful and we thank you so much. We know your special prayers have really helped this little guy.
Leslie- the fact that you were willing to step in and take on this financial responsibility for a kitty you've never seen shows just what a very special person you are! I hope that the donations have relieved you of the majority of that. It sounds like you are going to need it now that your car is down! You are a very special lady.

Isn't this place awesome? Those who couldn't offer financial assistance have been offering lots of support and prayers. There are so many wonderful people here that I find it overwhelming! I know I've said it a million times but here it comes again....I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!:D :D :D

QueenScoopalot
09-25-2004, 08:05 AM
Awww what terrific pictures! Lucky looks like he's had a rough week, but is very happy to have survived at all! :eek: Can we send the neighbor who threw them out all the bills, and then have a PT get-together somewhere? :confused: :D I'll bring some wet cat food! :D Wishful thinking I know. :( I'd also like to thank all who've contributed with monetary donations, purrayers, of course Kevlin & Rhonda, the Docs who got Lucky through this, Phred for the uppy-dates (always humor packed :D ) and Leslie for doing so much for a kitty she's never met...but somehow she'll get to meet soon. Working on some transport to Mass. ;) Anyone that has ideas on that please let us know! ;)

lynnestankard
09-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Oh Great News!!

Thanks Kevin and Phred - full report and photos much appreciated.

How contented Lucky looks - such a sweetie-pie :D :D

Lynne

Dusty's People
09-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Ok here is todays up date.......... We asked the Doc yesterday if Lucky would be ok around all the other pets. They said he would be OK to be around so the next pictures will be him exploring the home. All I can say is whoever is lucky enough to end up with the boys They are going to have a LAPCAT on there hands. Lucky loves to be held like a baby. So again thanks to all of you..

Blustang24
09-25-2004, 01:57 PM
How much of the bill is still owed? Are they still accepting donations. I haven't been on in awhile and I just saw all of this.

Thanks,
Lauren, Kenny, Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, & Chloe

Dusty's People
09-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Yes Donations are still being taken for all the information private message Leslie or Cinder & Smoke and they can give you the information

Kirsten
09-25-2004, 04:00 PM
It's wonderful that Lucky is doing much better now, and that the vets could help him. And it's great he's back home!!

Regarding donations: I would like to help, but I can't give much (my unemployment money has been cut down, and I still have to pay 140 € for Luna's vet bill). And I would have to send the money by mail (since money transfers to foreign countries are VERY expensive from Germany), would that be okay?

Kirsten

Cinder & Smoke
09-26-2004, 05:36 PM
<Me-ow>

QueenScoopalot
09-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
<Me-ow>
Cat talk for *Bump*? :D

rg_girlca
09-26-2004, 06:43 PM
I haven't been on PT since last wednesday and look at what I missed.

With all the PT prayers, little Lucky has pulled through. YAY!!!!!!

The PT'ers coming together to help this precious little one, even though it isn't one of our own. Doesn't really surprise me, as all you guys are awesome.

I hope I am not too late with the donations. I'll pm Leslie for details.

Stay well Lucky and hugs and kisses to you little one.

catnapper
09-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Gee, with work being a zoo... I missed this wonderful thread! Amazing story folks!

leslie
09-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Catnapper- it has been more than amazing! I hope you are able to find time to go to earlier threads (posted by dustys people and cinder and smoke in previous pages here) to learn how poor Lucky became LUCKY Lucky! (Eek! he and his brother were originally named Cheech and Chong per verbal agreement with original "owners"- doubt that would have ever held up in court, they never bothered to rabies vaccinate which here in MA is proof of ownership...) Those names were quickly, uh, lost in the paperwork...
Finally got to talk to Dr. Adams today! She called me at work! YAY! the final bill for me is only $138.00!!!!!!!!!! SO THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS! AND THANKS TO ALL YOU GALS AND THANKS TO EVERYONE ON PT WHO DONATED AND TO THOSE WHO PRAYED, OR THOUGHT A GOOD THOUGHT BECAUSE IT SURE DID WORK! THIS BOY IS DOING FINE! AND MY BILL WENT FROM I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT (i forgot to ask) TO THIS PIDDELY AMOUNT! If you look at their pictures, are they not worth it? they are adorable and I'll betcha they are full of personality too!
So FYI all- any checks arriving after today are being set aside for Lucky and Louie to have rabies, distemper vaccines, and maybe neuter. It would be cheaper to do neuter here but it depends on how long they are "stuck" at Rhonda and Kevlins. They do have to be vaccinated there because it is required to cross state lines. I am dubious at best about the transport groups. I have signed up with 4 but 2 have not yet approved my membership. the other 2 I posted on but no response yet. They seem primarily dog oriented. And besides, very complicated, you have to have info on who is meeting who where, who is doing how many miles, make sure everyone is trained (some have never done transports before and god forbid they open a carrier door while a car door is open just cuz someone pooped stinky), see to motel overnights, what about car insurance should there be an accident, etc. Oh lordy, lordy lordy. And cats hate cars let alone a 2-3 or possibly 4 day car ride. (puke, puke, puke). ha ha, but not so ha ha.
Again, my point was to thank everyone! (any advice on transportation is welcome!)

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2004, 11:38 AM
:)

As of Noon Today (Tuesday, Sept 28) ~

Luck's Hoppsbittel Bill has been Donated Down to
an Outstanding Balance of $ 94.88

The Animal Care Clinic will wait till tomorrow (Wednesday) to post
any Donations that come by tomorrow, and then charge the
remaining balance to Leslie's credit card.
THANKS, Leslie!!

If anyone else wishes to Donate to the Lucky & Louie Fund ~

Here's three suggestions:

1) PM "leslie" to get her address - and mail HER your Contribution.

2) PM "Cinder & Smoke" and I'll pass along the address for
Dusty's Howze - and you can send Dusty's People a Donation towards
The Twins' Food and Future Vaccinations expenses.

3) If you'd like to use a Credit Card - the Clinic will accept
Donations by PHONE today and tomorrow.
Animal Care Clinic phone # (985) 542-6300
Be sure to tell April or Danielle it's for "Dusty, the PT Kat"!

Lastly - let's not Furget >>
The Twins NEED a Permanent, Furrever, HOME!!

Anyone who has experience with a Kat Transport Group that
has contacts and Drivers in the Louisiana area -
PLEASE contact Leslie or Phred.

THANKS Again, Gang!! ~ ;)

/s/ Phred

QueenScoopalot
09-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Fantastic news Phred! All the PTers who've sent in donations are ANGELS! Thank you all so very much for coming through and helping save this lucky kittie's life! ;) Right about now Leslie's going to need a low charge on her credit card, as her car's in the car hospital in need of a lot of work. :( If Lucky & Louie can get up here somehow, I can get them neutered for $35.00 each through my account at the local vets. They will hwoever need those shots (rabies & FVRCP) in order to travel across state lines as Leslie said. I'm REALLY hoping that Kevlin will get Phred or someone to post the wonderful pictures he took of the kitties! They look like such a sweet pair of boys, and really need to get here somehow. :( Thanks again everybody for everything!! You guys are the best! :D :D :D Jan

rg_girlca
09-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Gosh, the news just keeps getting better and better.:D

leslie
09-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Well I AM surprised cuz of 3pm yesterday Doc was gonna put balance on my card that day and all checks after to go toward Lucky and Louie's needed vaccines (she doesn't know of any rescue groups in that area that have low cost connections to other vet clinics- I did ask her about that.) She was also unaware that shelters gas the unadopted pets. Lucky's photo still up and they have no takers yet but still hoping. Of course best of brothers could go together... but we shall just hope for anything!! Any checks to me will just go into their shots and nueters be it whereever in the US so it doesn't matter to me exactly where they are sent!
Phred, Dusty's People had some nice photos of Lucky when he 1st got home- can you post them for them if they aren't sure how? and if it's ok with them of course!?
thanks again!

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Leslie ~

"Doc" doesn't DO the billing or the charging. :p
I arranged with Her BOSS to hold off charging the CC till
the mailed-in Donations had a chance to get there.
Danielle, in the Clinic's OFFICE, is The One to talk to about money.

As for the PICTURES -
I Posted the four that Dusty's Folks sent me from Home-Coming Night -
on 9/24 at 10:29 PM - in THIS Thread - about 20-some posts ago.

If there are any "Newer" pictures - they haven't been sent to me.

/s/ Phred

Cinder & Smoke
10-01-2004, 02:11 PM

"Ask and ye shall receive!"

Here's a few New *snappies* of Lucky roaming around Dusty's Howze >>>

Lucky gives a BIG {{{HUG}}} to Foster Mom

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p9748eba78c090837ce77995a73d64ca3/f6ce78ac.jpg
--------------------------------------------------

Lucky *chowin down* under the *watchful eyes* of step-Brudder Dusty

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/pa223603d16e3bc11021b9a04db3f9e33/f6ce78b5.jpg

Dusty asks: "Need sum *help* wiff dat, lil Buddie?"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p52c19026d56ab1a47698a89393aba257/f6ce78a7.jpg

Lucky: "I sure get a lot of "companie" while I'm tryin to eat...
Iz diz YOUR bowl??"

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p72afcad7dbb86a45bb35519057829758/f6ce78a9.jpg

Lucky ready for a *nappie* on the BigBed

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p95465153608c07447885a38f3844f7a4/f6ce78ae.jpg

Lucky nappin with some Guardian Angles

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p7823edb5d1cc1679161adc27721f1165/f6ce78a3.jpg

You can see a few of the original Home-comin Nite photos and all of
the current photos on Dusty's ImageStation album at >>>

Lucky & Louie ~ the Rescue Kittys (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3515585093)

* ENJOY *

QueenScoopalot
10-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Great pictures! I love the one of lucky on the big leopard bed. I hope that others come to look at the pictures, and aren't burned out by this thread. :eek: And I'm very happy Leslie's credit card bill was substantially lower than anyone ever expected. She needs a low bill now....car cost mucho $$$$ to fix. :(

rg_girlca
10-01-2004, 04:42 PM
That's what I was thinking Jan, that maybe Phred should have made a new thread in regards to the pictures.
What do you think Phred?

Lucky you are such an adorable little kitty and i'm so glad to hear you are doing so well.

Thanks Phred for posting these fabulous pictures and your captions were a hoot.:D

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2004, 07:08 PM
;)

catcrazylady
10-02-2004, 07:28 PM
What a lucky little fellow Lucky is!! He is without a doubt one adorable kitty!
Doesn't this prove how many wonderful and caring people there are? The kindness and support that PT offers is amazing to me. I'm so happy for Leslie that the bill was lowered so much. How wonderful of her to be willing to take on the burden of a small sick kitty so far away. How wonderful for so many to come together and help Lucky, Leslie, and Lucky's wonderful foster family. Phred for keeping everything updated and organized.
*SIGH* What a wonderful place!

Still praying that the perfect forever loving home comes along soon for both those precious boys!

lynnestankard
10-03-2004, 05:28 AM
All I can say is YES!! Pet Talkers Rule OK!!!
I'm just so happy this has all come together so well and produced such a Happy Ending - almost!! All we need to hear now is that a furever home has been found for Lucky and Louie. :D

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You - to everyone who's made this all possible xxx

Lynne

Cinder & Smoke
10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by leslie

Is there anyone here at all that is familiar
with transport groups?

I am having much frustration and to be honest,
zero responses to the many groups I have signed up with!

Anyone?

Note:
If we can't find an Adoptive Furrever Home for
the PT Twins (Lucky & Louie) in Louisiana ~

we may have to Transport them to Leslie in Boston
so she can try to find them a Home up there.

So ...

1) Does anybody know of a Kat-Deprived Home ~
"Down South" ~
that would like TWO *KUTE* Kats?? -or-

2) Know of a Transport Group who arranges "Kat Runs" between
Louisiana and Boston????

:confused:

leslie
10-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Please all cat talkers here! Like Phred said! I have signed up for at least 11 transport groups and nothing is panning out. I am depressed about this, i don't understand why there are so many transports for dogs and not cats. When i see the rare cat transport- it's about a "breed" cat... Does anyone know anyone that knows anyone with an "IN" to a transport group? Shall I list all the groups I have signed up with here? I feel defeated.