PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure how to tell anyone this.

Tina
09-21-2004, 12:27 PM
I took Ember in this morning to be spayed. I really didn't want to wait. Since I didn't want to deal with her first heat and unwanted puppies. I thought I was doing the right thing. But now I'm not to sure.

Ember went in around 9:00 a.m. when the vet office opens. The vet told me that he would do the surgery around 11:00 a.m. and that she should be ready and be out surgery by 12:00 p.m. He said that I could call around 1:00 p.m.

I got a phone call at 12:24 p.m. that Ember did not make it through the surgery. They are not sure why yet. They believe that there may have been a health problem. They are going to try and find out and let me know.

Someone/something does not like me! Why the heck does the keep happening to me? First Josie's heart problems, now this? Why?

My vet said she was healthy at the last visit just a few weeks ago.

I can't do this anymore. I just can't take no more heartbreak.:(

I can't say anything else right now. I can't stop thinking about that poor innocent puppy. Why did she have to die.

binka_nugget
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
:( I'm so sorry Tina. It's not fair that it keeps happening to you! {{Hugs}}

dogs_4_me
09-21-2004, 12:31 PM
I am at a loss for words. I am so sorry, thats horrible.:(

Logan
09-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh dear, Tina. Surely if your vet was willing to perform the surgery, she was healthy in his opinion. There has to be some underlying cause. I am so, so sorry. :( :(

You and your family are in my prayers, my friend. Please let me know if you need to talk.

Logan

caseysmom
09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. If she was that sick she probably would not have made it long without the surgeory. Do you trust this vet?

KYS
09-21-2004, 12:37 PM
I am in shock, I am so very sorry!

I would want answers, even though
it would not bring Ember back.

RIP dear Ember.

(((Hugs)))
Karen

robinh
09-21-2004, 12:38 PM
OMG, I am so sorry!

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family. You've had such a hard time lately. If you need to talk, please let me know.

Jadapit
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I just wanted to tell you how SORRY I am. My thoughts will be with you. Life can be so unfair at times.:(

Tina
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I just got a call back from the vet. He said he could not find anything. He believes she died from the anesthesia and that it was to much for her.:(

I'm not sure what to do now. I can't stop thinking of her.

Glacier
09-21-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry. Godspeed little one.

caseysmom
09-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Anesthesia is the most risky part of any surgeory humans included.

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2004, 12:52 PM
OMG!! I am so sorry!! I hope your heart finds some peace knowing that you gave a wonderful home to a pup in need and her days with you, though short, were filled with happiness and love.

RIP sweet Ember. Your time on earth was too short but God needed a special angel and He chose you.

God bless...
Jaime and Samantha

tatsxxx11
09-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh no, it can't be; I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm speechless and numb:(:(:( I'm so sorry for you and your family Tina. I know this is every furparent's worse nightmare:( I'm heartbroken for her and for you:(

All my love and sympathy to you and your family, Tina. Ember only knew love and happiness during her time with you. Rest in peace, dear little Ember:(

Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

wolfie
09-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh Tina, I'm so sorry for you and your family. :( Poor little Ember. RIP beautiful girl.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Oh Tina, I am so sorry to hear the news. How devestating! :(

R.I.P. Ember, you sweet and beautiful puppy.
Hugs to you Tina. You are in my thoughts.

lovemyshiba
09-21-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm so sorry Tina:(

Rest In Peace, sweet Ember.

K9soul
09-21-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm so very sorry Tina, I can't believe you lost this little girl like this. So very tragic and heartbreaking, I can't even imagine how you must feel right now.

Thoughts and prayers are with you... Play happily at the bridge dear little Ember. :(

pitc9
09-21-2004, 01:56 PM
OMG..... Tina.... I don't know what to say.....

I am so sorry.... we all know how fast we fall in love with those sweet furry faces.

Just know that she did not feel any pain, and all she knew from you was joy and happiness!

She's free now Tina.
*~HUGS~*

RIP Sweet Ember

My Peanuts
09-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Oh Tina I'm so sorry. :( I really don't know what to say, I'm just sorry. :(

puppyluvs
09-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Oh Tina I am so sorry :( , Many Hugs coming your way !!!

Tina
09-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Thank you everyone.:( I just don't know what to do now without her. Reggie is going miss playing with her so much.

tikeyas_mom
09-21-2004, 02:15 PM
omg!! i cant believe it!!! I am sooo sooos sososososo sorry tina, it isnt fair how you have been having such bad luck with puppies lately :(.. I am so sorry!... I am shocked.. poor ember.. :(:(

maybe just concentrate on Reggie and Ginger. I hope that you feel batter soon. I feel sooo badly for you. :(

ComedyDevil
09-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Tina I'm so sorry :(

Play hard at the RB, Ember

Rachel
09-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Words can't express how sad I feel for you. This is every pet owner's worst nightmare. We try to do the very best for our pets and then despite everything, it turns out wrong. Even if your pet does not get out and about and there probably would not be a chance of pregnancy, spaying is recommended for other health reasons. Yet is is an operation and there are risks involved. With Ember being young, the risks were few, yet as this instance shows, tragedies do happen. We have to accept that we cannot control all things. Please know that you did the best you could for Ember. I know nothing I can say will take away the pain, but please know that we understand the magnitude of what you are going through right now. If you need to talk about Ember, this is the place to do it. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Cincy'sMom
09-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Tina, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't even have the words to say...we all try so hard to do the right thing, and yet sometimes things go wrong. Someone must have needed your little angel in heaven.

Rachel
09-21-2004, 03:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/svo1fast4_lady/Ember%20and%20Reggie/cutie.jpg

slick
09-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Dear sweet Ember, you must have been needed for some special task at the RB. Play happy sweetie.

{{{HUGS}}} Tina. :(

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-21-2004, 04:49 PM
I am sooooo sorry!:(, it really isn't fair that this keeps happening to you:( Anesthetic is always very risky though:(

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Oh my God, Tina. My heart sank as I read your post. I'm at a loss for words, I just don't know what to say..

{{{BIG HUGS}}} :(

chrissycat21
09-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh gosh Tina I'm so sorry! I'm going to miss seeing pictures of your sweet baby. :( I always loved how cute she looked.

You should have had her for years to come.

Play hard at the RB Ember and always remember the family who loved you.

LorraineO
09-21-2004, 05:08 PM
This wasnt your fault at all,, spaying was a good thing,,, what happened in surgery wasnt.... My family and I are devastated for you and your loss of such a sweet lil girl...

Sending you cyber hugs from Nova Scotia....

jazzcat
09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
OMG, I'm in total shock!!!! I can't believe that happen. Oh Tina I am so sorry!! You were doing the right thing by getting her spayed.

Rest in Peace sweet Ember.

sabies
09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
So sorry to hear such awful news. You were only doing what should have been better for her health. My thoughts are with you.

guster girl
09-21-2004, 05:23 PM
:(

Miss Meow
09-21-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry :(

What an awful shock for you and your family. I don't know what to say because it's such a dreadful surprise ...

jenluckenbach
09-21-2004, 05:28 PM
What heartbreaking news :(:( I am so sorry :(

But never think YOU caused this. Spaying her was the right thing and the vet would not have gone ahead with it if it was believed to be risky.

I have never lost one on the operating table, I cannot even imagine the grief.

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Karen
09-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Dear, dear Tina, it wasn't your fault. But unless this is a vet with whom you have a longstanding relationship, I'd consider a change in vets.

Anesthesia is always a risk, for animals and humans alike. When a person has any surgery that involves general anesthesia, we have to sign a lengthy document that warns against everything that can go wrong, and death is included.

Ember shone as bright as a diamond
As dark as shiny coal
And as sweet as dark molasses

Ember had a happy time
Brief but joyful, and knew she was loved
Went to sleep knowing momma loved her

Ember's now a shiny star, diamond bright
In the night sky forever more
Twinkling overhead like she did in your heart
And like she always will.

Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet fuzzy girl! You look for Angus, okay? He's a great big black and tan doggie, and he got there a little while ago, so he'll show you around. He's introduce you to all the beloved pets we've sent on ahead, and then maybe he'll bring you over to where my Mom is surely handing out biscuits, okay?

Jamieejo85
09-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Tina, I am soo sorry. As I look at the picture of your dear sweet Ember I cry because she looks so similar to my pup and the same age I think. I know what it is like to lose a dog and you have my deepest sympathy. RIP Ember and tell Bella that I love her and still think of her when you see her at the Rainbow Bridge! Hugs and prayers for you Tina!

caseysmom
09-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I was wondering the same thing about the vet, do you know this vet. If not I would check into it so someone else doesn't suffer.

prechrswife
09-21-2004, 06:19 PM
I am so very sorry for your tragic loss.:(

((((((Hugs))))))

Jods
09-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Tina I am soo sorry, I'm at a loss for words right now... I'm really truly sorry

R.I.P sweet little baby Ember:(

popcornbird
09-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh my gosh. :(:(:( I'm so sorry Tina. I'm at such a loss for words right now.

QueenScoopalot
09-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I too am at a loss for words. :( Ember looked like such a precious little girl, and to have that happen is so heartbreaking. You were being such a responsible pet owner by having her spayed too. I'd have some questions about the vet as well. I'm so sorry. :(

BCBlondie
09-21-2004, 06:38 PM
:( I'm so sorry...
I don't know what to say.. I can't imagine how hard it must be.. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.. :(

Holly's mom
09-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm so sorry about Ember.:( What a horrible thing to have to go through. RIP sweet Ember.:(

dappledoxie
09-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh no!!! I am shocked, I am so sorry, I am basically speachless... Hugs!!!! Ember, you were very loved and will always be loved, hugs little sweetie, I'm very sorry....

molucass
09-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Tina,

I know how it feels to lose a furbaby that was taken away too soon.. I am so sorry for the loss of that beautiful baby girl.

**HUGE HUGS**

Rest sweetly, Little Ember. Meet my baby Felony over there and I'm sure he will take care of you.

captain
09-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh TIna
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you during this difficult time.

We are here for you.
We love you.

Michelle

Christiansmommy
09-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I am just reading this now. I am so very very sorry :( ((((HUGS))))

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2004, 08:17 PM
:(

Dear Tina ~

I'm so sorry that you've lost Dear Ember. :(

She knows that you Loved her with all your Heart ~
and she will Always remember your Love for her.

She'll meet you at the Bridge - Tail a-Waggin!

Rest In Eternal Peace, Ember ~
We'll *miss* you, Dear Pup!

{{{HUGS}}} Tina!

/s/ :( Phred

lizzielou742
09-21-2004, 08:26 PM
What a horrible shock. I am so very sorry. :( I just can't believe it. I don't know what else to say except rest in peace, Ember. :(

anna_66
09-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Oh Tina I'm so sorry:( I don't even know what to say.

lute
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
oh my gosh! that's terrible! i'm so sorry!:( R.I.P. little one.:( ((HUGS))

Tonya
09-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Tina, I am so sorry. I know God has plans that we don't all understand. Don't get discouraged. ((((HUGS))))

Tonya
09-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Tina, I am so sorry. I know God has plans that we don't all understand. Don't get discouraged. ((((HUGS))))

Sudilar
09-21-2004, 10:32 PM
I am so sorry for your great loss. She was beautiful. RIP, Ember, in your short time here on Earth, Tina showed you all the love you needed. Hugs.

CountryWolf07
09-21-2004, 10:51 PM
OMG! I am so sorry! I can't imagine what you're going through, especially that I'm at loss for words.. *HUGS*

jenfer
09-21-2004, 10:52 PM
I am so sorry, Tina. :(

Smilla
09-22-2004, 05:44 AM
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss of Ember.

delidog
09-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Tina,
I am sooo sorry for your loss....I wish I knew the right words...

Godspeed to the Bridge Little Ember....You are Loved

stacwase
09-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Tina, I just read this. I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. I'll be thinking of you.

dukedogsmom
09-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I just read this also. So sorry you're having such heartbreak lately. Take comfort in the fact that you've given them great love while they've been with you. I know that doesn't make it easier, though.

nea
09-22-2004, 08:18 AM
How awful! I'm so very, very sorry.:(

Vermontcat
09-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh Tina, this is so sad.:(
I'm so sorry that you lost beautiful Ember so suddenly.:(

shais_mom
09-22-2004, 11:56 AM
I am so sorry about your loss.
Godspeed Ember.

Dogz
09-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Ember. You didn't deserve this, and neither did she. :(

Rest in peace, Ember.

*hugs*

lizbud
09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Tina,

This is the first I've heard of your loss of Ember. I am so very
sorry.:( What a terrible loss.:(

Rest In Peace sweet Ember.

Tina
09-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks everyone so much for your support. I really do not what I would do if I didn't have you all.

Right now I feel like I'm just in a dream and it is not real.:( I just haven't felt like talking much to anyone about it either. I just feel like I'm the one to blame. Maybe if I had waited? I don't know I just really don't know what to think. I just keep thinking of her sweet little face. How happy she was and how much she loved to play with Reggie. And how much trouble they got each other into.

I just wish there was some way I could have known that this would of happen. Then I could have been more prepaired maybe just maybe the vet could have used a less anesthesia. Maybe I could have gone to a different vet.

I just keeping thinking of the "what ifs":(

trayi52
09-22-2004, 06:20 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Tina. My prayers and thoughts are with you right now.

Willie

Kater
09-22-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm so sorry, Tina. :(
RIP always, sweet Ember.

swimma253
09-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Oh no. This is so terrible. I cannot believe what Im hearing. This is just too sadfor words. You or Ember did not deserve this.

But please, dont blame yourself. It really is NOT your faultt.

RIP sweet Ember.:( Play hard at the bridge.

primabella
09-22-2004, 09:03 PM
:( I am so, so sorry Tina.

*hugs*

RIP Ember. :(

LuckiLab03
09-22-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss :( RIP Ember. I know what you mean about the "what ifs" - my family and I went through them when we suddenly lost Brooke after leg surgery. Try not to blame yourself or you'll never make peace with her death. Just remember the good times. When Brooke died my mom and I said that even if we knew before we got her that we would lose her at 7, but she would be the best thing to ever enter our lives and we would love her with all of our heart - we would have still gotten her. Though its hard right now, try to consider yourself blessed to have had her in your life - even if it was for a short time.

gini
09-23-2004, 12:05 AM
It always breaks my heart when I hear about a loss of a dear pet. How can I possibly express to you how much I sympathize with you over your huge loss.

I truly feel for you. Please do not blame yourself..........please!

bckrazy
09-23-2004, 12:10 AM
omg. I'm so sorry, Tina. words cant even express... :( rest in peace, sweet Ember. she was such a gorgeus little pup, I know she's looking down on you and your daughters right now.

pitc9
09-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Tina... what if.....

What if you never found her!?
Even for the short time you had her, think of all the joy she brought you! I'm sure that little girl put a million smiles on your face!! What if that never happened?

Please Tina... please don't blame yourself, there is no reason to!

She felt no pain... and she never will!!!

She is your angel now!

Kiia
09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry in getting so late into this thread, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

But please don't blame yourself, and I know there a ton of "what ifs", but you'll only get yourself sick if you keep putting the blame on yourself. Think of the happy times sweet Ember had, getting into mischeif with Reggie, the times she had you laughing, keep those close to mind and she will live on forever in your heart.

caseysmom
09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Tina, you did the right thing. You were being a responsible pet owner. Please don't beat yourself up over it. Hope the pain gets easier with time.

K9karen
09-24-2004, 12:06 AM
GASP! I just got around to reading this too..Oh, there are no words to express how deeply sad and sorry I am. It probably doesn't make you feel better, but you DID do the right thing. God Forbid, it could have happened to any of us. I'm so sorry that you've had such a run of bad luck. There are things in life we just can't explain. Please know that little Ember has her wings now and will be looking after you forever.

Tina
09-24-2004, 10:39 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone again for being her for me. I don't think I could have gotten through this without your support.

I'm feeling a little better today. Just take one day at a time now. I will miss my baby girl but I do sure hope she was happy while she was with us. Sometimes I feel guilty since I'm not sure if I spent enough time with her. I just really hope she was needed at the RB. I'm sure who ever she is helping out they are happy.

EssTer
09-24-2004, 11:22 AM
OMG... that's awful to hear..:(
I'm so sorry :( So sad :(
{{{{HUGS}}}}

manda_moo87
09-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Oh Tina... I just saw this :(

I'm so so sorry about Ember.