PDA

View Full Version : Muskwa is hurt...

Glacier
09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm not sure what happened but Muskwa is hurt. Last night he was fine at dinner. At 10:30 he was whiny and now he's yelping every time he takes a step. It looks like he's done something to one of his back hips. He has a vet appointment in an hour. Please cross your paws that it's not serious.

I'll update later.

KYS
09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Sending many good thoughts that Muskwa will be fine.
Will be waiting for an update from you.

LorraineO
09-21-2004, 11:57 AM
everything that I can cross,,, is crossed!!!!

cloverfdx
09-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Oh dear prayers are on the way for poor Muskwa. I hope it is nothing too serious. :(

pitc9
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Paws crossed here too!!!

Logan
09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
We sending good thoughts and prayers for Muskwa. Please let us know what the vet says, Glacier.

Logan

Glacier
09-21-2004, 12:49 PM
The vet is keeping him for the day. She wants to do some hip x-rays. She'll have to knock him out for that. He SCREAMED when she extended both hips. She doesn't think it's a fracture as he wouldn't be weightbearing if the bones were broken, but she doesn't know what else could be causing the pain. Could be a hairline fracture, arthritis, ect.

She's going to call me after the x-rays are done.

Thanks everyone.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Hope the vets can get Muskwa feeling better soon.
He is in my thoughts.

lute
09-21-2004, 01:59 PM
i hope Muskwa is going to be ok. i'll keep him in my prayers.:(

bsherman
09-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Poor Muskwa, I hope he is feeling better soon and everything goes well

puppyluvs
09-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Muskwa sweetie I will keep you in my prayers...Hugs to you all....

ComedyDevil
09-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Poor Muskwa. I'll keep him in my prayers - I sure hope he gets better soon. :)

tatsxxx11
09-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh no, Muskwa:( Keeping all our fingers and paws crossed for you sweetheart. Hope it's nothing too serious, Glacier. Please check back after the visit.

Glacier
09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
My vet just called. Muskwa's hips looks just fine. She says he has great conformation actually. He isn't showing any signs of arthritis, fractures or other age related changes. (He'll be 7 next month).

She says it's a soft tissue injury. I'm thinking that maybe he did get out of the yard and went to visit the neighbor's. Neighbor has horses and Muskwa does love to eat horse crap! Maybe one of the horses kicked him. We have been building a perimeter fence around our place so only about a half acre will remain unfenced. It's supposed to keep the wolves out this winter, but the bonus will be keeping Muskwa in. (among other things, like being able to let other dogs loose more and Heyoka won't have to be chained at all) Right now the fence is up, but not fully finished and clearly not Muskwa proofed yet!

I can pick him up in two hours. He's going to be on Rimydal(sp) and Robaxin for a week. I'm a little concerned about the Rimydal, but my vet says she doesn't think Metacam is strong enough. I asked her about negative side effects and she says she hasn't seen any in huskies who were on it for a short time.

Muskwa is also not allowed to run for two weeks. That should be fun to enforce!

KYS
09-21-2004, 04:35 PM
YA!!!!! Sounds like wonderful news. :)

Rimydal is a wonderful miracle drug for many dogs.

My Sheba is old, and started having
blood in her stool approx. 3 days
after first using rimydal.
So unfortunately I could not use it for her.

Keep an eye out for any side effects.

LorraineO
09-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Relieved to hear its nothing major,,,, thinking of you both!!!
:)

BCBlondie
09-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I hope Muskwa feels better soon!! Poor pup :(
It's a good thing you caught his injury in time though and got him to the vet! :)

Kfamr
09-21-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm glad to know it's nothing serious. Hopefully he'll be okay. :( Poor boy.

{{Hugs to you and him}}

Corinna
09-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear your boy isn't hurt to bad. I mailed off the package to you today. Please let me know when it arrives, my postal guy didn't have a clue how long it would be.

captain
09-21-2004, 08:11 PM
HUGS to you darling!!!

Captain has a reoccuring soft tissue injury ........ usually when he runs and runs and runs and runs (and doesn't listen to his Mother!!!!!).

Try to rest him ............ and the only way I can usually do that is by giving him a Rymidril (for the inflammation), takes a few days, but then he is ok ............. until the next time.

So I sympathise with the "keep him still and quiet"

Michelle

lute
09-21-2004, 08:28 PM
it's great he'll be ok. we were all so worried!:D

cloverfdx
09-22-2004, 09:07 AM
That is great news that Muskwa's injury is not too serious. More get well wishes on the way forthe sweety. :)

My Clover has also been on Rymadyl a few months back for a mis diagnosed back injury (Turned out being severe stomach cramps :mad: ) and she did not have any side affects, heres hoping Muskwa does not either.