PDA

View Full Version : Sparticus

MissG
06-25-2000, 04:33 PM
Your story about Sparticus touched my heart....what a wonderful thing you did to rescue that gorgeous animal. God bless you.

Cindy
06-25-2000, 07:20 PM
I look at your efforts on behalf of this precious canine heroic. I am a dog lover and owner and have many of the same type stories. This is such a throw away society that nothing is sacred - even life. Thank you from your canine friend, Sparticus!

mkshiers
06-25-2000, 08:12 PM
You should feel so blessed to be a part of your wonderful dog's life! He will (or probably already has) teach you so much about life and being patient! Thank you for saving one more innocent dog's life from a senseless death! That breeder should be ashamed of herself! It is because of people like her that millions of animals are destroyed each year in this country alone!

sdaustin
06-26-2000, 11:32 AM
I am the owner of a deaf dalmatian mix (more mix than dalmatian) who is the sweetest, most loveable little guy! Luckily, the local humane society only euthanizes sick animals, so he was put up for adoption. I cannot imagine anyone putting down an animal because of deafness. It takes a little more effort in training, but it's worth it!

silverann
06-26-2000, 12:38 PM
I would live in a shack, before i would throw any of my dogs away, God bless you for having a big heart and compassion

------------------
sylvia alexander

Kendall2
06-26-2000, 07:58 PM
I totally agree Sylvia!! I would NEVER give up our dogs...all 4 of them. We rescued 2 from the local shelter and the other 2 are rescues by virtue of one being brought to where my husband worked and being told that if someone didn't take this 8 week old pup that this gentleman (and I use that term loosely) was going to take him home and shoot him, and the other being picked out of a litter and 4 of the 6 pups died from worms because the morons never had them treated. Rescue is the best way to get a dog and I don't think that we will ever own a dog that isn't a rescue.

Smilla
06-30-2000, 01:05 AM
Our Corgi Katie came from a breeder. She was considered a "reject", because she was a little smaller than the others, had a tuft of white hair in the wrong place, and was lacking the white "blaze" on her face that Corgis are known for. I'm not sure what her fate would have been, but luckily my father stepped in before it was decided. The breeder made my father swear he would never enter her in dog shows, because she didn't want her reputation as a breeder of perfect dogs sullied. My father sniffed and said he was looking for a _companion_, not a showdog. Nowadays I can't imagine trotting an animal as smart and loving as Katie out onto the show circuit, to be judged by strangers on how perfectly she can sit still or run in circles or whatever it is for which showdogs win prizes. Our dealings with her just left me with a bad impression of breeders and dog shows, though when it comes time for another dog, I might try "rescuing" another from her.

Giglez
07-05-2000, 01:15 PM
All of my animals have been rescued. Whether it be from a shelter or abandonment, they have all been brought into our home from an uncertain fate, and spoiled rotten!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

Our dog was left in a box lined with a black plastic trash bag with her sister in a grocery store parking lot in the middle of the summer when she was just 8 weeks old. She is mix, but we are not sure of what.
She is the sweetest little dog you could ever hope to meet! I just can not understand how *anyone* can just throw animals out like that!
She's 2 years old now, and is just a terrific dog.
Your story touched my heart! Keep up the wonderful work everyone!

God Bless you all, and may you have many wonderful days with your pets,

~Giglez