PDA

View Full Version : I fell of the horse!

EssTer
09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Don't worry I'm quite OK, and this is not my first time LOL :D
I was riding a really young horse - and I dont know what happened but he started jump up and down and gallop, and threw(sp?) his butt up, and I just couldnt to hold anymore and I fell, for luck he didnt run on me while I was on ground. I just hurt my leg - knee - but that's nothing too serios, I can walk and I can ride LOL :D Thought my mom started worry about me - should I go to horse riding, and I'm afraid that she wont let me again. I really hope she will, tomorrow I'm supposed to go to riding and training that horse again.. Oh, I really hope she'll let me... I just wanted to share - because I dont know what to do....

Logan
09-20-2004, 03:28 PM
EssTer, I'm so glad you're ok!!!!! The main thing is that you walked away and you still want to ride! My one bad experience with a horse throwing me, made me never want to get on another one!!!! :o

Good luck!

Logan

Desert Arabian
09-20-2004, 03:36 PM
Aww, glad to hear you are ok!! There are a number of factors that contribute to an incident such as that.

I sure hate when that happens! :o I hate getting all banged up and bruised! The last time I fell off was because a turkey flew out of a tree and scared the horse I was on and he panicked and reared- I was caught off guard and "weee" down I went! :p Ahh- and the time I fell off in the lake! I just slid right off since I was bareback Ha, ha, that was fun though and embarrasing!

My friend Heather wasn't too lucky this summer, her horse fell on top of her in the field and crushed her leg. Luckily her leg was the only thing crushed- it could have been worse! :( Blue (a mustang), the horse she was working with was EXTREMELY nasty- horrible temper, very unpredictable, very wild- down right evil. She was working with him to correct his problems. She was doing minor trotting work- all of a sudden Blue took off at a gallop- bucking a lot, then he fell and crushed her leg. :(

dogs_4_me
09-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Glad you wanted to get back on and keep riding, I fell off a horse at a camp named rocket and broke my ankle. I havent been on a horse since. :(

Randi
09-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Glad to hear you're OK, Esster. :) It's good to go back on as soon as you can - but then, you don't sound very scared. ;) I was thrown off a horse once, the horse started to gallop and I had no control, and no saddle to hold on to. :rolleyes: Luckily it was in the woods.

KYS
09-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Glad you are ok and the fall hasn't stopped you
from wanting to ride again.
Be careful.

Cinder & Smoke
09-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Oooopsie!! :p :o

Ask Zippy (zippy-kat) bout Fallin :eek: offa Horsey! :D

She dun it while she was in Kollege -
an she came out just a lil but "worse for wear"! :(

Dad "felled off" a few tymes back inna OLD Daze
when he rode a horsey or two...
He nebber gots *hurt* too bad - but sez he walked phunnie
fur a few daze! :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm glad you're okay! I fell off a horse twice, it certainly doesn't feel very good.

ComedyDevil
09-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Oops! :p

I remember the first time I fell off my horse. I had a big bruise on my arm for a while, it hurt every time I moved :o I'm glad I've never seriously hurt myself falling off though.

Glad you're ok :)

flamepony12
09-20-2004, 09:28 PM
! Glad you're okay! :D Merlin Bucks *throws his butt up* All the time!!! :D He's the one who told me, you either be tough and stay on or you fall off. so, thats how i learned!! :D lol :D

EssTer
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
yay, my mom allowed me to go to stables yesterday :)
Thought I didnt ride because that owner of horses couldnt be at stables for long time, so we just let horses outside...next time I'm gonna go for riding Friday :D

lizzielou742
09-22-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm glad she's still letting you ride! And good for you for getting back on. I've never fallen off, but I did get bit once (major ouchie!!!) and that scared me away from horses almost completely...it was six years before I got back on. :( But I did and I am so glad. :D So good for you for getting back on right away!