PDA

View Full Version : Florida kitty lovers...check this out, please

Logan
06-05-2001, 11:43 AM
My good friend lives in Daytona Beach, and is a cat lover. She has two adult males, but recently moved to a new apartment complex that is surrounded by woods. Lots of kitties running wild in those woods, and they tugged at her heartstrings. She lured a female to her with food one day and took her to the vet. Turned out that this female, who is probably less than a year old, is producing milk, so there are kittens somewhere, and the vet tells my friend to go find them. She does, and comes in with two kittens. Wrong! These are not the babies of this mama cat, so again, my friend goes out with the aid of some of her work buddies and the mama cat takes them right to her kittens, all four of them. So now, my friend has her own two cats, the mama cat, the first two kittens she found (approximately 6 weeks old), plus the 4 additional kittens who are probably 3-4 weeks old. She is spending numerous dollars at the vet, plus has way too many kitties in her apartment. She refuses to send them to the humane society because they will euthanize ferals immediately. She says that they are all incredibly sweet and loving.

So, if anyone of you are in Florida, know someone in Florida, etc. , who might be willing to adopt a kitten and/or a young mama cat, she would be eternally grateful. Everyone has tested negative for feline leukemia, but the four youngest haven't been tested yet due to their age. Everyone but the smallest have been wormed, and completely checked over by a veterinarian. Please, if nothing else, spread the word, and take a minute to check out these babies on my webshots album page. They are under Family and Friends: http://community.webshots.com/user/lgivens4

Thanks in advance. If you can help, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you in touch with my friend.
Logan

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited June 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited June 05, 2001).]

Logan
06-08-2001, 10:27 AM
A lady in Jacksonville is taking the two older kitties tomorrow. She saw my post on the MSN Cats Community and responded almost immediately. Then, my friend was wavering because she was wanting to keep the little girl. She carefully thought through it and knew it was best to let both of them go, together, if she had a good home for them. The adoptive mother is so excited and reading how happy she was, and how satisfied my friend is with her, it just made me cry tears of joy. That's two, but there are 4 more kittens (younger ones), and the mama who still need a home.

If you know anyone who might want to adopt, who lives in the Daytona/Jacksonville area, please let me know. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

sammi
06-08-2001, 12:40 PM
The kittens are sooo cute. You must have a very kind good friend to take in the kittens. I hope homes are found for all of them. It is also great of you to try and help her out.

aly
06-15-2001, 01:25 AM
Oh Logan they are all so precious. Bless your friend's heart. I was just begging my friend in Florida but he said no http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif Doesn't think his cat would like another cat around permanently although he does get along with cats.

Have they all found homes now or still looking?

[This message has been edited by aly (edited June 15, 2001).]

Logan
06-17-2001, 11:25 PM
Hey Aly,
Just returned from several days away and caught your message. As far as I know, right now, there are still 4 kittens, and the mama cat who are looking for homes. I'll update this post as soon as I check with my friend tomorrow. I've actually been within 25 miles of her...but had no time to visit. And my own mama said "NO MORE CATS FOR YOU"!!! And she's right. We're a house full right now.

Logan