PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping

PJ's Mom
09-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I have, but only for the dogs. Bailey got a new bed and a toy and Peej got 2 new toys. They should be delivered next week. :D

dogs_4_me
09-20-2004, 01:30 PM
I have as well, I got Emma new collar, and Moco a new bed, I've gotten some small things for some of my friends as well

lovemyshiba
09-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Does thinking about it count????:D

I have already started thinking about everyone's gifts, as well as deciding on a budget--we went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard last year.

And I did get some things last year after Christmas which I will use this year--cards and such--that definitely counts:)

lizzielou742
09-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

MAN are you kidding me? I haven't even begun to think about it!!! I don't think about it until at least the After-Thanksgiving sales start!! ;) I can't believe it's getting close enough to think about!!!! :eek:

Good for you though ;)

Rio and Me
09-20-2004, 02:29 PM
No its way to soon, even though xmas stuff is already being put on the selfs.

Its low budget for me this year, i might buy bits as i go now put its allways "what do i get this person" or "would they like this", its just to hard my brain hurts,lol.
Ky

emily_the_spoiled
09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
I did pick up some stuff at the after Christmas sales last year (I give all my nieces and nephews a new ornament every year). But their "big" gift is usually a hand knit sweater. Needless to say I have started to "knit like a fiend" (I have 4 nieces and nephews)...

Logan
09-20-2004, 02:44 PM
I can only wish I had started!!! :o

Barbara
09-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Each year I try... and then I wait until the pre-Christmas saturdays:o

guineapiglover4ever
09-20-2004, 03:19 PM
my baby guinea pig is getting a new cage and it has stories on it wedsnesday it is $200 my dad said he would buy it

petslover
09-20-2004, 05:30 PM
I hadn't even really thought about it yet. I have to wait till my birthday lol. I usually use my birthday money to buy Christmas gifts for everyone, but this year i am cutting my list short. to only my really close friends and of course my family and my dogz! It feels like we just had Christmas!!

catland
09-20-2004, 05:50 PM
too soon. I need to deal with Halloween first.

guineapiglover4ever
09-20-2004, 05:52 PM
that is right but i am getting my baby girl a level cage because her cage isnt big enough but it is $200 but my dad is paying for it

Aspen and Misty
09-20-2004, 05:53 PM
If I bought the dog's something for X-mas it would only be in "hiding" for like a week and then I would be like O man!

Ash :D

Mil0Luv3r
09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
I started in August;) and I'm planning on 5 gifts each for Lady, Milo, and Mama.. ;)

BTW- Milo got an early christmas present form his great Aunt Christy :D And his Great Uncle Adam :D

Mil0Luv3r
09-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by dogs_4_me
I have as well, I got Emma new collar, and Moco a new bed, I've gotten some small things for some of my friends as well If you still have those to cats then maybe you could give the old bed to them sense Moco will get a new one and he doesn't like them on his bed then they can have the other bed lol

teenster3
09-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Is it already that time of year again?
It seems like just yesterday I was buying presents for everyone! It's so hard from year to year coming up with new ideas. What do you get for people that have everything they want or need? Let's just say it's no picnic buying for my mother & father-in-laws. They seem to buy everything they want, don't ever go anywhere or do much of anything & have never used any gift cards we have given them. AGH:mad: Talk about frustrating!!!!!

As far as my dogs go......they don't need "special" gifts for Christmas cause mommy gives them gifts all year round!!!!heeheehee
:D But I have to admit they will both have a stocking hung up this year!

slick
09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm really going to cut back this year because I've spent too much already on other entertainment (but it was worth it) :) :D
I usually buy for about 10 co-workers and their pets, but this year it just their pets that are getting something. The adults can get my Bailey's only. My best friend and boss is an exception. I can't leave her out.

As for family, we only buy stocking stuffers. Teenster, I hear your plea and am in the same boat. Good luck.

As for shopping, that will be in November when I'm on my 3-wks holidays.

Mil0Luv3r
09-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by teenster3
Is it already that time of year again?
It seems like just yesterday I was buying presents for everyone! It's so hard from year to year coming up with new ideas. What do you get for people that have everything they want or need? Let's just say it's no picnic buying for my mother & father-in-laws. They seem to buy everything they want, don't ever go anywhere or do much of anything & have never used any gift cards we have given them. AGH:mad: Talk about frustrating!!!!!

As far as my dogs go......they don't need "special" gifts for Christmas cause mommy gives them gifts all year round!!!!heeheehee
:D But I have to admit they will both have a stocking hung up this year! If your you run out of ideas for your pets you cn always take toys away and buy new ones they will never know lol

Rottieluver45
09-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Bailey got a new bed?! YAY!!!!!! What did you get Thelmer? HUH?!

PJ's Mom
09-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
Bailey got a new bed?! YAY!!!!!! What did you get Thelmer? HUH?!

Um... :eek:

Didn't I show you Bailey's new bed?

flamepony12
09-20-2004, 10:29 PM
:eek: YOU GUYS!! I DON"T START TILL DECEMBER!! :D :eek:

Mil0Luv3r
09-20-2004, 10:45 PM
lol go to http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59219 thats my list so far :D

Tina
09-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I plan on starting pretty soon since we have a fairly big family. I think we did pretty well last year Christmas shopping. I just don't want wait till last minute this year. :o

PJ's Mom
09-21-2004, 11:05 AM
We went way overboard last year and will probably go way overboard again this year. :D

Samantha Puppy
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
I've started thinking about what to get people... does that count?

wolfie
09-21-2004, 01:21 PM
It's still summer!

I don't shop until after Thanksgiving. :p

PJ's Mom
09-21-2004, 01:37 PM
I don't shop for people until after Thanksgiving either. But for my doggies...it's never too early. :D

Here's a picture of Bailey's new bed...but don't tell her! :eek: