PDA

View Full Version : Something is happening at the Sirrah house!

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 11:55 AM
I think we may be having some turf wars around here! Eliot is topcat. Dylan has ALWAYS been the submissive one ...but lately things are changing. Dylan graciously defers to the other two but they are NOT very nice to him and I think he has had enough! For example - he is in the window and moves over if either want to join him. Today, Princess Emily did NOT want to share and she swatted him after he moved over. Normally he would just leave but today he smacked her back:eek: Then, as if to prove he is no "pussycat" - he did the *unthinkable*:eek: He got into...ELIOT'S BED!!! NOBODY messes with Eliot's bed!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/uhoh2.jpg
Omegosh, I was trembling in terror and waiting for Eliot to return and find him there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/uhoh.jpg
He stayed about five minutes, casually marking the whole bed-and finally jumped out and left. Eliot has not yet discovered that his PRIVATE domain has been violated!

Things ARE changing around here. Eliot is getting lovey dovey to me. Emily is pitching hissy fits at both boys. Dylan is starting to assert himself. What is going on???:rolleyes:

In less than two weeks, a pair of babies will be invading their turf - will this be all out war? :eek: Is it something in the air?

Stay tuned!!

lynnestankard
09-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Oh Oh Debbie - this sounds like the lead up to a definate 'turf' war!!!

Go Dylan Go!!!!! Eliot's bed no less - you brave boy!

:D :D :D

Lynne

QueenScoopalot
09-20-2004, 12:04 PM
I think Dylan's being COTD really went to his head! :D :eek: ;) :) :p

RedHedd
09-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I think it's 'cause fall is on the way. The cats can feel it in the air. Oh Dylan! I LOVE you! :D

catcrazylady
09-20-2004, 12:37 PM
ROFLOL!!! Debbie if there is one certain thing that I have learned about cats it's the simple fact that nothing will ever stay the same!! Just when you have everyone figured out and all is peaceful and suddenly...BAM they make you start figuring things out all over again!!:D
That, my friend, is what makes pussycats so interesting!;) :D

catnapper
09-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh man, all I can think of is the musical West Side Story.... "if you're a Jet, you're a Jet for life... " And I can see Dylan dressed in a black leather jacket snapping his paws singing this while laying out his turf. :D

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 12:51 PM
*sigh* guess you are right Lisa but this is odd! For one thing - Princess Emily has never swatted anyone before and now I have seen her practically beat the crap out of both boys! Hormones? She doesn't have any!!! Must be Princess-tude.
Dylan is so mild mannered - well...he WAS! He never swats anyone:eek: Actually I was rooting for him the whole time and even gave him a teensy bit of help when he tried to get to Eliot's bed as it is way high on a dresser and well, Dylan is not quite as dainty as he seems to think:rolleyes: I DID, however, stay close by just in case Eliot returned:eek:
We have been leaving the windows open for a few days and it is funny to see Dylan defending his window sills!!! I guess that sweet boy DOES have some spunk in him. He hisses and growls at any cat that comes near the yard!! I guess my laid back easy going love muffin has another side to him:eek: He is still his Meowmie's sweet pussycat though;)

Originally posted by catnapper
Oh man, all I can think of is the musical West Side Story.... "if you're a Jet, you're a Jet for life... " And I can see Dylan dressed in a black leather jacket snapping his paws singing this while laying out his turf. :D

LOL Kim! That's all I need is West Side Story! And who would Maria be? Emily? Lizzie?

K & L
09-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Uh oh!! Just wait till the new ones come around!:eek: :D

Mil0Luv3r
09-20-2004, 01:32 PM
GO DYLAN GO!!!!!:D:D:D:D:p :p :) :)

sirrahved
09-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Maybe big sis Devon needs to come and whip them into shape:D
Or maybe Muffin visiting has bolstered Dylan's fighting instinct!

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
Or maybe Muffin visiting has bolstered Dylan's fighting instinct!
You know what? That HISS at Muffin was the very first hiss I ever heard from him!:eek:

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2004, 01:30 AM
Seems like Dylan has had enough of the other two being bratty to him! It is going to be very interesting to see how this develops once the Kittens arrive:D

catcrazylady
09-21-2004, 06:02 AM
How did things go last night Deb? Did it calm down?

I was thinking about this and I realized that to some extent my household has been a bit busier here lately too. I think it's because we have had much cooler weather and the windows are open more. It's making the babies...ummm...friskier!! Think that might be it?

catmandu
09-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Sometimes,the Found Cats,look as though,they are fighting,but an hour later,there they are,all curled up,again! Good Luck,with the New Additions!

carla and mike
09-21-2004, 09:57 AM
I'm glad Dylan is sticking up for himself.Things will change for the better from now on for Dylon.:D

sirrahbed
09-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Dylan has done a distinct turnabout. He is still good ole Dylan but he has made it clear to Eliot that he is NOT putting up with the abuse any longer! Thankfully, it appears that Eliot is a quick study and is not pushing the issue and they were even grooming each other this morning(briefly):eek: Last night, there were several standoffs and Dylan claimed his rightful spot on my bed. Eliot decided he could not lay there. Bad move. Eliot got a good smacking!! (Dylan is FAST with the paws!!!) Dylan slept at my feet all night:D Eliot came down to glare several times but Dylan calmly ignored him:D Emily seemed confused by the whole thing and did not even sleep with her daddy!! So, guess we have TWO male cats of fairly equal authority. Eliot is still topcat (I think) but he better quit bullying Dylan just for the fun of it. Emily needs to learn to share because Dylan has had enough of her attitude too.:D
It is really funny to watch all of this unfolding!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Emily seemed confused by the whole thing and did not even sleep with her daddy!!

:eek: :eek:
Oh my! This is sounding serious now! First of all, where will Emily sleep if she doesn't sleep with her daddy and secondly, how will poor daddy get to sleep without his snuggle session first? Looks like the new princess Lizzie might have her work cut out for her before she even arrives. :D

Seriously though, as I was reading this I was thinking of how you've been busy lately with your birthdays and surprise guests (is Missy still home?) and all, and maybe the whole household is in a small uproar because of all the activity?

sirrahbed
09-21-2004, 11:05 AM
No, the house guests are elsewhere from now on - we had our time with them in the middle of their stay and they really were not here much - though we have been in and out more than usual - maybe that does exlpain it - as they as used to a VERY calm and quiet house.
We are BOTH giving each cats LOTS of attention as they seems to really be needing and demanding it:rolleyes: Maybe they sense that?? We are doing this to hopefully reassure them in readiness for the two new babies. I do not want to distress anyone you know??
I am hoping that Eliot will decide to play with the babies since he is the most active and playful and NOBODY plays with him. (except US) Dylan - we are hoping will be good ole Uncle Dylan. Emily is the enigma - we have NO IDEA how she will react - maybe maternal?? I think she is the one most likely to be jelous so Dennis is planning to not show much attention to the kittesn. That will be MY (happy) job:D

jazzcat
09-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Interesting that this is happening now. Maybe they are picking up on the impending changes to the house so they are taking care of some business beforehand. Dylan sounds like he's just going to establish his position now so there will be no question when the kittens arrive.

Emily didn't sleep with her daddy??? Shocking!

chrangharris
09-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by catnapper

LOL! That is one of my favorite movies and the mental image of Dylan in leather is to much!