PDA

View Full Version : Update on Mina

mina'smomma
09-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Mina is now eating on her own at 5 weeks old. Hard to believe. She is also driving her foster mom nuts with climbing up the screen and running all over the place. Foster mom says if she keeps doing this good and the vet okays it I'll get to bring her home next week. (better up my draps):p

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I think I have missed the story about your Mina. This is a kitten you are adopting?? Can you tell us about her? Do you have any pictures?? I would love to know her story:D I am also about to adopt a pair of five weeks old kittens, Robbie and Lizzie. Their baby album (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4285911699) is online if anyone wants to see LOTS of pictures. Their foster mom is kimlovescats from here on PT.

mina'smomma
09-20-2004, 10:50 AM
I adopted Mina when she was three weeks old. I'm a brand new cat owner. I'm also paranoid (according to my fiance) that I won't be a good momma. I'm going to be taking pictures of her when she comes home and then post them on the web site. I have a picture, but no scanner to scan it on.

I'm just hoping things are going to go well. (still feel kind of bad about not being able to take her brother too.:( )

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Do you have a digital camera? If so, you could take a picture of the picture!!

Don't worry! You will learn to be a great Meowmie. Starting to read here at PT is sure a good place to start. Plus, there are lots of good websites about kittens care that stress the importance of testing, vaccinations, spaying and all those things. Do you already have her things like litter pan, scratching post, toys, etc? Kittens are bundles of energy and fun!! I notice you were asking about food - maybe it would be good to ask her foster mom what she is already eating?? Have fun and learn all you can - you will be a catlover in no time:D

mina'smomma
09-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Her foster momma just says its moisten kitty food. Too bad Mina keeps going after momma cat's crunchy food. (LOL :) ) I'm just still real worried about being a good momma to her. I'm even buying a baby gate so she doesn't go falling down the stairs of our apartment. It will come down when she is a little bigger. We have a big kennel for her to stay in when we have to leave the apartment. (just until she is a little more accustomed to the apartment.)

Man I can't wait to bring her home. I can just see her sleeping in my big victorian chair. It will be so much fun having a pet to love on when I come home.

MULTICATMOM
09-20-2004, 01:40 PM
HI, NICE TO MEET YOU! MCM HERE, I'M ADOPTING MY FIRST KITTEN-KITTEN IN A DECADE! CATS4KEEPS KIM HAS HER. I'M NERVOUS TOO...I'M IN TO 'OLDER' KITTYS, MY YOUNGEST WAS 4-5 MTHS... THAT WAS LAST HOLIDAY SEASON, I GOT IT FOR MY BROTHER & HE BAILED. I USALLY GET 6MTHS TO A YR! SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE READY, KEEP US UPDATED:D

rg_girlca
09-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Don't worry, you are going to be a GREAT meowmie to your new kitten. You don't even have her yet and you are so concerned about what to feed her, what litter to use, and so on and so on.
Mina is going to have so much love and care from you.
Don't worry so much about it, just go with the flow and have fun with your new kitten.
You have gotten some great advice, so you have nothing to worry about.
You know if you have any questions, even if you think yourself it might be a silly one, you can always come on here and ask away, because no question or worry is silly to us.:D

catmandu
09-21-2004, 08:59 AM
We are happy,that you little Mina,is already eating,on her own,and send our Best Wishes,Head Bumps and Kitty Kisses,from The Found Cats!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2004, 09:25 AM
It sounds like Mina has a GREAT home and a GREAT Meowmie waiting for her! Just post if you have any questions!

mina'smomma
09-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Mina is coming home this weekend. She is eating crunchy food (fighting momma cat for it), and pottying in the litter box. She is a smart kitty. (HOOOORRRRAAAYYYYY):p :) :D

I will be posting pictures really soon