PDA

View Full Version : WHat were ur schools years like?

dogs_4_me
09-19-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm just curious but what is/was yyour school years like?...so far, mine have been pretty bad!

primabella
09-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Do you mean high school years? My grades were always pretty good and I only had difficult with math. But I hated it, environment-wise. Everyone was so judgemental and immature and there were cliques everywhere which made it all so much worse. I hope your years get better.

I like college so much more. :)

teenster3
09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
What do you mean by bad?
Do you mean trouble in the school or just not liking it in general?
I liked going to school (and was good at it) until about 6th grade. I was teased soooo much for being so quiet. I also had to get glasses in 5th grade & of course you know how the story goes from there.
I hate to admit it now but, I almost didn't graduate because I skipped most of my senior year in high school.
I absolutely hated it, I mean everything about it!
Not to be negative but....it was pretty bad for me. I felt like a total outcast. If you weren't into sports or academics you were nothing!!!!
I'm soooo glad to be outta there for good. In fact, it's funny you mention it. I had a nightmare the other night that I never graduated high school! AGH:eek:
PLEASE.....don't send me back there!!!!!
I think about going to college now though....from what I've heard it's 100% better than regular school. Let's hope so!;)
Tina

cali
09-19-2004, 08:43 PM
I like it. I mean I dont like school, but as far as schools go, mine is pretty good lol we have cliques, but not the way that many schools have, we have our groups, but everyone intermingles, I have not met any really rude or snobbish people or anything, I have lots of friends etc.. basicly elementry school was really bad for cliques, I actually had a teacher have to threaten the class to let me in their group when we had to do group projects, lets just say, that it does not feel good when your class has to be threatend to accept you. at my high school, everyone accepts me, I have tones of friends, and tones of people I just hang out with but are not exactly my "friends" so to speak. its really fun if you discount the homework lol but I go to a high school, that would bbe considered "prep" because its geared eniterly toward preparing students for univarsity, the kind of work we did in grade 11 was the kind of work most people would not do till first year univarsity, I am in grade 12 now so everything is much harder, and really preparing us for univarsity, which I am not even going too lol but hey that means I will be well prepared and things wont seem so hard if I do ever go to univarsity :p but I am glad I go to a good school, I dont have a high GPA heck I have a downright low GPA but I am also doing stuff that most high schoolers dont have a clue about, and we get graded a lot harder, basicly a person with staight A's at a normal high school, would drop down to at least a B or a C at mine. :eek:

binka_nugget
09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I guess my past high school years were okay. I didn't get excellent grades but I did pass everything (well.. except for one course :p).

But this year, everything has been really great so far. Cliques are almost non-existant in our grade, everyone talks to everyone, my classes are fun and I'm doing really well in math (the course I failed).

dogs_4_me
09-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I guess my past high school years were okay. I didn't get excellent grades but I did pass everything (well.. except for one course :p).

But this year, everything has been really great so far. Cliques are almost non-existant in our grade, everyone talks to everyone, my classes are fun and I'm doing really well in math (the course I failed).

Thats good this year is better for you, for me there is more cliques then ever before, bullying is a huge problem, and my best friends isnt a very good friend:(

Aspen and Misty
09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
My school rocks! I went back to public school this year and it's so great. There are NO cliques. Everyone talks to everyone no matter who they are! Everyone is basicly friendly (exept a few people). The work is ok, I've never gotten good grades though, I really want to though! So I'm working my butt off!!

The only thing I don't like is DRUGS. Everyone does them. People have them IN class and pull them out while IN class :eek: you can easily learn where and how to get them. Everyone is busted for them.

It's hard not to get caught up in it. I just stay strong and continue hanging out with the people I do who don't do drugs.

Ash

slleipnir
09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
My school years where ok. I hated jr high because people were very immature and I didn't have many school friends. High school was ok. I had a lot of in-school friends and the people weren't so immature. University is going well too. Although I'm only taking 3 courses, it's still a lot of work T-T

carole
09-19-2004, 09:34 PM
It was a long long time ago, but I can still remember vaguely.
I would have to tick AVERAGE, I did ok, enjoyed some of it and loathed the rest, especially PE, could not wait to leave and start my nursing career,or so I thought, less speed, more haste, I in hindsight wished I had stayed on, I had enough qualifying marks to go to the next level, but choose to leave, big mistake and I never did do that nursing career.

kingrattus
09-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Terrible & will never go back.

From kindergarden to grad 6, I was beaten on, teased, harassed, laughed at & called stupid on a pretty much daily bases. I was told I was kicked out of kindergarden almost everyday for acting up, why u might ask, because I couldn't speek any language well enough to communicate with anyone. My parents messed me up really bad when I was 3. My language was french 7 then my sister was born & then I wasn't allowede to speek french anylonger & had to learn english & became shy & confused about everything, because I didn't understand anything.

So from day one I was dissliked & shooed away from everyone.

grade 7-8 was a bit better. no beatings at that school. I was picked on during lunch & then discoved that I could hang out in the grade 1-2 classroom while the kids had their lunch, 4 of us hung out down there caring for the 2 classrooms filled with tots. We loved it down there & the kids loved hanging out with us bigger kids & that made us feel liked & wanted for once. But class still sucked, I had to sit at the front near the teacher just so I wouldn't be bugged.

grade 9-12 was a bit better. Class was the same, but only if they had the kids that grew up with me. Breaks & lunch times were ok. I formed a looser table & we all stuck together & I became the boss & shooed & faught the bullies. I felt really good in that group & so did the rest of them. I was the biggest, strongest & the meanest in our group. Over the year I had become very angry & didn't take doo doo from bullies anylonger. Forst I would act if they were not there & if they kept going on & on & on or touched me, all hell broke loose. & I wouldn't get into trouble & they would get suspended or kicked out of school.

All the teachers & the principle knew I liked to stay outta trouble & protect my looser group from being beaten on or bullied. After the first 2 grades nobody really bothered us anymore, they learned we just wanted to be left alone & play our game every lunch hour in peace or they would get in doo doo.

& college was high school all over again. Stupid kids talking all throughout class & picking on me. I had no group to go to at college, so I hid during breaks & free time. Or I would sit in the glass coffee room & everyone knew thats where the cops got their coffee & snacks so none of the bullies bothered me in there.

But in my opinion, school still sucks & its a horrible place for kids to be, if ur not labled cool.

Samantha Puppy
09-20-2004, 07:41 AM
I loved every year I was in school (except 3rd grade, because my teacher was a horrible mean old woman). I especially loved high school, once I figured out who I was and went with it.

dogs_4_me
09-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I loved every year I was in school (except 3rd grade, because my teacher was a horrible mean old woman). I especially loved high school, once I figured out who I was and went with it.

LOL i had a evil grade 3 teacher as welll.....ick she makes me shiver still lol:D

Rio and Me
09-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Argg i hated school, i'm glad its over.
I got bullied on the bus, a bit in school and on the way home, i struggled like nobody business in all class's, noone would help, so i started giving up.
grades were crap, i cant spell well, or do math etc it was a nightmare, whatever jerk said school is the best time of your life was a loser.
i lost weight (like lots) to try and fit in, just nothing worked with thoses kids.

Now i work in a job i LOVE (training dog groomer), its no longer a hasstle to get out of bed.

I see those kids that bullied me and think "yer you catch that bus" "i can drive my own car, to a great job, and think about moving out, and not sponge off my mum" losers.

But no i would never go back there.

Ky

CountryWolf07
09-20-2004, 03:01 PM
I loved high school..

I can say that I had great teachers.. good friends.. I was never in a clique.. I was friends with the jocks.. the geeks.. whatever else.. those did not apply to me.. I just didn't care what they were labeled as, as long they were considered as a friend to me. Freshman year was great.. Sophmore year was even better.. Junior year sucked.. Senior year was great.. then bam! Everything was over.. Yeah.. I liked everything in high school.. except the cliques..

Desert Arabian
09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Eh, some of it is good some of it is bad. In the earlier years (up to 7th grade) I would never do my homework, rarely listen to the teachers, goof off in class- provide the jokes for kids to laugh at, fool around and I didn't give a care in the world. I have gotten suspended twice, not too proud about that- hehe. Now that I have grown up more and matured a lot- I try to put as much effort into my homework- now that I have a job it is really hard- I pay attention more in school, I am REALLY nice to the teachers (rarely ever get in trouble- if I do nothing serious)...but I have my bad days now and then....

I just have to try to ignore the skanks, druggies, and other nasty people in my school.

Tonya
09-20-2004, 04:09 PM
There wasn't really a selection for me. It was bad, I despised it, but I was an honor student at the same time. My parents divorced and I moved around from my sophmore year on. It sucked.