PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do :(

wolfie
09-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Yesterday my stepdad told me that I have to get rid of Benjamin! :( :( :( He said that he never gave me permission to have him, and that we have too many animals.

When I got Benjamin, he said that we had too many animals already, but then he didn't really say anything about him until yesterday.

I don't know what to do. All I know is that I am NOT getting rid of my baby! :(

I was thinking I could keep him at my dad's house... but my dad said he wouldn't be able to clean Benjamin's cage every day, and my dad lives too far away for me to go there every day.

I need your help. I don't know what to do.

flamepony12
09-19-2004, 08:03 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/traurig/sad-smiley-047.gif I can't believe it! how perfectly rotten! :( I'm sorry for not being of any help. :(

Jods
09-19-2004, 08:04 PM
My dad's like that sometimes... Just stay clear of him for a while... Keep ben in your room.... Maybe talk to your mom if he keeps saying it...
Good luck

Mil0Luv3r
09-19-2004, 08:18 PM
If he still keeps telling you to get rid of Ben, maybe you can find someone (like a friend) that will take him in?

wolfie
09-19-2004, 08:23 PM
thanks for the support guys. Jods, I'm hoping that he's just saying that... and maybe he'll forget about Benjamin... I hope. :(

Aspen and Misty
09-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Thats what I would do. Just stay out of his way for awile and hopefulyl he won't remember.

If you do have to get ride of him, which I hope you don't, but if you do and you can't find somewhere for him to go, make sure you talk to me :) I have some connections. :D

Ash

micki76
09-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Keep him clean and out of your stepdad's way. He's probably angry about something else and taking it out on Benjamin.

Is he always like this, or is it unusual for him to be acting this way?

Seems a little late in the game to say no Benjamin. :(

wolfie
09-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Is he always like this, or is it unusual for him to be acting this way?

No, he never gets mad. And it's weird because he didn't yell at me or anything, he just told me that I had to get rid of Benjamin because he never gave me permission. ...And then he said that Daphne would eat him anyway. :(

I can't bear the though of him going to another home. Who would love him like I do? :( Who would make up songs to sing him, or make him a special playpen, or play with him every day, and take him out of his cage for hours, and feed him parsely and clovers and carrots and lettuce.

I love him, I never want him to leave.

Mil0Luv3r
09-19-2004, 08:42 PM
I know how you feel.. When I had to get rid of Snickers it broke my heart and I stayed in my room for weeks doing nothing but sitting there....

cali
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
does your dad go in your room ever? I was never allowd to have a rabbit because my dad was allergic, but he never went in my room anyway because I had guinea pigs in there. well I had kari for a whole month before my dad moved out, and he still does not know that lol whcik makes me think that he obviously did not pay to much attention when I walked right past him with wood, mesh, a cat carrier, a litter box, a bunch if cat toys... lol I would keep him in your room at all times, take him outside only when your dad is not home, and dont say anything about benjimen to him, in all likleyhod he will completly forget everything e said but if you say anything it will do nothing but remind him. hope that helps a little lol

carole
09-19-2004, 09:24 PM
As a parent I would NEVER EVER tell my child they had to get rid of their beloved pet, thats very cruel indeed. Obviously he is not a real animal lover, or he would know how much hurt this is causing you.

Take the others advice and lie low, hopefully he will change his mind, or try having a heart to heart talk with him, find out his reasons, come up with some suggestions, and tell him how much it would hurt you. GOOD LUCK sweetie.

wolfie
09-19-2004, 09:33 PM
thanks all. I will take your suggestion and lie low and just see if he forgets about it.

Originally posted by carole
As a parent I would NEVER EVER tell my child they had to get rid of their beloved pet, thats very cruel indeed. Obviously he is not a real animal lover, or he would know how much hurt this is causing you.

Yeah... before he and my mom got married he gave his dogs to a friend of his. I have no idea why - I'd have loved to have his dogs move in with us. I guess he doesn't consider pets family (like we all do.)

Chica
09-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi,]Sorry to hear about your stepfather telling you to get rid of your pet. :( Maybe if you talk to your mom, and tell her you will be responsible for Benjamin and keep him in your room,she might be able to convince your step dad to let your pet stay.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2004, 02:06 AM
I hope he changes his mind, or it blows over. Just try to make sure everything is neat and tidy, and don't give him any cause for complaining. Will your Mum back you up on this? Maybe you could explain how you feel to her privately, and let her talk to your step-Dad on your behalf?

Samantha Puppy
09-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Why don't you talk to your mother about this. If she is an animal lover like you, she may be able to talk to him on a different level than you, on your behalf.

wolfie
09-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone!

I might talk to my mom tomorrow about it. See if she has any ideas...