PDA

View Full Version : "What my dog does"

DogLover9501
09-19-2004, 07:35 PM
This is just a fun thread, where you can post anything(s) that your dog(s) do(es)!

These are just some random things...

Jasper circles around atleast 3 times before laying anywhere(bed, floor, van seat..etc)

Piddle pretends to "burry" his bones and treats, and then digs it up again later.

Wiggles gets mad as us sometimes, and goes and lays in a ball and won't even look at us!

What does your dogs do!?

animal_rescue
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
when Maggie is told to sleep on the floor she waits for about 5 minutes and gets on the bed:rolleyes:
Hannah likes to "attack" people if they hide under a blancket
Simon gives us a puppy bark when he sees us!
Marty always rolls towards us instead of walking!

DogLover9501
09-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by animal_rescue
when Maggie is told to sleep on the floor she waits for about 5 minutes and gets on the bed:rolleyes:
Hannah likes to "attack" people if they hide under a blancket
Simon gives us a puppy bark when he sees us!
Marty always rolls towards us instead of walking!

LOL Those sound so cute, especially Marty's rolling :D

chrissycat21
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Snowy rolls on her back whenever greeting someone.
She refuses to lay any where but sprawled out in the middle of my bed and then won't budge.
She tries to eat my socks while they're still on my feet.
She jumps in my lap, starts licking my face, runs away, repeats.

She does a lot more but I'm being kicked off the computer. :-P

K9soul
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Tasha stuffs chew bones in the sofa between the seat cushions and the back support to keep them from Tommy. But when she wants one she can't seem to get it back out on her own so she starts pawing at the cushion and looking at me or David with her ears cocked till we "unearth" it for her.

Tommy takes all his particularly special treasures back to his bed and leaves them there. If we are missing a sock or dish rag, we know just where to look. He also sometimes grabs his favorite toy on his way to bed and curls up with it in his bed and goes to sleep that way. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Sometimes if we don't want to throw the ball for Tango she put's it in our lap and if we don't throw it after a few minutes she comes to get and tosses it down the hall with her mouth and then waits for it to land and then goes and retrieves it. When she comes back she looks at us like we're stupid and put's it in our lap for us then when we throw it she get's really excited as if she thinks she taught us how to throw the ball:D :rolleyes:

Varga
09-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Every time I visit my friends house, my dogs have a race with my friend for the cat food bowl. Even though they always lose, they never stop trying.

Kelly also barks and whines at her toy if it lands to far out in the ocean. She hardly ever tries to swim out for it.

Tiki can never pass an open car door without jumping in, all ready for a fun car-ride with her new family.

-Varga

pitc9
09-20-2004, 08:28 AM
If I tell Sierra she's bad she howls at me.

Sierra is a good fly/bug catcher, Buddy however... is not!!!

Buddy will not drink water out of the water dish unless I put ice cubes in it!

dappledoxie
09-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Rebel likes to roll and roll and roll in any blanket, it's so cute.
He also likes to get his favorite toy then get on the sofa and he will either just hold it in his mouth or sit it down and put his head on it.
If you are laying down, Rebel will walk up, flop over next to you and roll on his back. We say he wants to be "like people" hehe

Claire likes to toss toys off the edge of the couch and stare at them
If she wants your attention while you are busy she will make a funny/cute whinney noise to get your attention to pick her up.
Claire also likes to make noises when she is getting comfortable, and I looooove that! :D It's so cute!
Anytime there is a piece of food in the water bowl she HAS to retrieve it, hehe she's good at it too. :)

Rebel also likes to make silly noises when he chases Claire, it's funny.

LorraineO
09-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Lucy turns in circles at LEAST 5 times before settling on the couch... she lays her head on my lap if I am eating an apple and runs to the door when hubby comes home for lunch,, he gives her the mail and she brings it to me for a cookie.

Merlin follows me about like a hawk,, cant get away from him,, its cute... He loves to look at the fish tank and tosses all of his toys in the air to amuse himself.

Toby's my baby
09-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Maggie likes to sleep out in the pasture with the horses, and be with them all day when we aren't around, so if we cant find her we know where to look.

Boo boo likes to cry when you come home like you left for a month or so and know hes yelling at you for being gone, even if you have only been gone for a few minutes. Boo boo also likes to play "run around and act like an idiot" he will come up to you and growl at you, then if you stomp your feet he will run all over the yard barking and growling, come back to you and repeat.

snappy
09-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Andy-roo likes to follow you to the bathroom and wait. We have nicknamed him Andy-Roo of Bowl-Watch! He also hides his chew toys under MY pillow!

Jessie will bark at you if you are looking out the window or door and not paying any attention to him. If I am sitting on the couch and he wants up - he will sit and move * like he has ants in his pants !* and finally jump up and curl up on your lap. Mind you he is a large boned (36lbs) cocker spaniel! The Vet keeps telling us that he is NOT over weight...but I keep an eye on what he eats anyway!

If you visit my house, Andy will jump up and try to give you kisses....Jessie will run to the toy box, grab a softie in his mouth and then come back and tell you all about it....barking all the way! Andy then tries to quiet Jessie by barking at his butt....and it all continues until I let them outside for a few moments. They are both talkers!

Tonya
09-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Sarah has this routine everynight at bedtime. She grunts and growls and digs like crazy on our blankets. It takes her about a half an hour before she settles down in a spot.

Roxy likes to take bones and toys and put them at Dusty's feet or right by his face. Then, she'll go across the room and wait. As soon as he goes for it, she runs across the room and growls at him. She'll take the bone from him, and then put it right back at his feet and start the routine again. I guess it is a power trip.

When Dusty is happy to see me, we both groan and howl together. He never licks or kisses anyone, but he rubs his face all over me. That is his way of hugging me.

Jods
09-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Mercedes- If she wants up on the couch even if theres enough room she stares at you until you tell her to come up... IF I'm eating at the table her head rests beside my plate lol....
and if shes on the couch and you touch her with your foot or something she jumps up and finds another place to lay as if were annoying her lol.....

Gomer- whenever someone comes over he goes out to the hall picks out their shoes and carries them around for a while then gives them back to their owner. he smiles I hafta get a pick sometime but, his teeth show only on one side though when he's really excited.... And if I start to sing or dance he gets so excited and jumps on me and howls and barks and has a great time lol....

Fox-Gal
09-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Tuffy has to put his paw on you leg when ever you sit down and if you don't touchhim, he will keep taking in off and on till you do. Then resting in on your leg as you sit. Then giving you the eye to eye look, just to make sure you know he is there.

Cannilla, does this silly sideways walk when ever you walk behind her. She wants to be in front but at the same time has to see you behind her, so it became a sideways walk.

Brandy has a thing about running in the house at full speed, through the living room, through the kitchen back to the living room, till she lands on her bed in the living room. I don't think I have ever opend the front door and her walk in normal. Oh and when she outside and wants in, thats a funny site, First she jumps on the door, then runs to the table on the deck, looks in the window to see if your there and then back to the door, jump. This goes on for as long as you let her, till the door is open and then the running starts.