PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

catcrazylady
09-19-2004, 06:51 PM
The porch kitties returned for dinner and I put them in a carrier and took them to their new home. I cried when I walked out on the porch to get them, I cried when I put them in the carrier, I cried all the way to the new home, I cried when I transferred them to their new temporary crate, and I cried all the way home, BUT I DID IT!!!
These are the first ever porch kitties that did not move in with us. *sigh*
I'm so happy and yet so sad.

catnapper
09-19-2004, 06:54 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} You did a wonderful thing! You know that these abies will be well taken care of and live happy lives!

lizzielou742
09-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Yay! I'm so relieved they came back and were OK. I know it's got to be hard, but they are going to have a wonderful loving home. Just think - if you had adopted them too - you'd be up to 15!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good for you for rescuing those babies!!! :D

Varga
09-19-2004, 06:58 PM
You did what was best. There should be more people like you.

-Varga

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 07:05 PM
The life you have given them is WONDERFUL! That was a kind act you did for those babies and it was bound to happen... You can not keep ALL the porch kitties that come your way... You would have to get a bigger house and that would mean moving to where they wouldn't find you.

But I would have cried too and leaving them at their new home would have broke my heart..

Yesterday at my son's, when I left my babies, I just got up and walked out and came home or I would have cried like a baby. I know how hard it is to part with them, I do it every other month.
(Still breaks my heart too)

jazzcat
09-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh Lisa, your first rescues you didn't keep. Pretty tough, huh? (((((HUG)))))

I'm so proud of you. I bet those little ones will have a great life!

christa
09-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Lisa: I can see why that would break your heart but you did the right thing! If I understand correctly, you practically hand picked a wonderful home for these kitties! They're very lucky.

You have such a big heart! God bless you for this rescue!

{{{HUGS}}}

kimlovescats
09-19-2004, 07:19 PM
YIPPEEEE!!! Oh Lisa, I am so proud of you, and so very happy for the babies!!!! Because of you, they will be hungry or wandering no more!!! Because of YOU, they know and appreciate human love and care! Because of YOU, they are now "Cats 4 Keeps"!!!!:D :D :D

catcrazylady
09-19-2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks everybody. I don't think I could do this very often. That was hard. It was the worst when I put them in the crate at their new home and they looked in my eyes with such confusion and fear. I bawled like a baby and it still breaks my heart. They trusted me and I feel like I betrayed them even though I know they will have a good life. I know it will get better in a few days and I'm lucky because I can go visit them and get daily reports from my co-worker but right now I have a lump the size of China in my throat.:(

Kim we posted at the same time. I swear I don't know how you do it.

kimlovescats
09-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Lisa ... we posted at the same time ... see my post above yours!
In addition to that one, I know exactly how you feel .... after some of mine have been here a while, I feel like they are thinking that I am dumping them again. I'm sure everyone in rescue has these feelings ... but soon, the news of their adjustment and happiness will fill you will a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and thankfulness!

(((HUGS)))

christa
09-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
...they looked in my eyes with such confusion and fear. I bawled like a baby and it still breaks my heart. They trusted me...

You know they had to be confused . . . just like when we take our kitties to the vet . . . now there's a sad face! These babies don't know anything else but how to live "on the porch" & on their own . . . once they get love from their new family, food, toys . . . they'll love it!!!

I can't wait for you to update us in a couple of days!!! I'll bet that by the end of the week, these kitties will be comfy and cozy in their new home!!!

Hang in there Lisa . . . remember that you did a GREAT thing for those babies!

christa
09-19-2004, 07:25 PM
By the way, Lisa, did you ever catch Abigail & Rosco's other sibling? Was it one of the three that you took today? Just wondering.

catcrazylady
09-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys because this really was tough for me. I'm too darn soft and want to keep them all!!!

jenluckenbach
09-19-2004, 08:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS You did it!!! I am very proud.

catcrazylady
09-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Christa the third baby was not one of them. I haven't seen him or his momma for some time. I saw them from a distance about a week ago but that is all. They are not coming here to eat and I'm very worried about the little one. I keep the food out and I keep hoping that they will come back so I can get him. From what little I've seen of him he does look healthy. Thank God for that!
I haven't given up on him yet!

rg_girlca
09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Oh Lisa, I know how hard this must have been for you, but you did such a good thing and you will be getting good reports on the porch babies on a regular basis. At least you won't be wondering if they are getting enough love and care, or if they are being treated okay.
The kitties, from the sounds of it, are going to have such a great life, all thanks to YOU. :D You are an Angel Lisa for caring and helping these precious little ones.
Congratulations on a job well done.

(((((HUGS)))))

MULTICATMOM
09-20-2004, 01:26 AM
OFTEN IT IS TOUGH TO PART... BUT I'M SO GLAD YOU DID THAT!:D WHAT A WONDERFUL FRIEND YOU WERE TO THOSE 'PORCH KITTYS':D :( :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2004, 02:46 AM
It must have been SO hard for you, but you did the right thing, and they now have wonderful lives ahead of them, all thanks to YOU!!!

(((HUGS)))

catmandu
09-20-2004, 08:55 AM
You,did the best,that you could,for those Porch Cat,the way,that I was,able to rehomecFranklin,and Karinas Kittens,who are growing,like wildfire!

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Good for you Lisa!!!! You and your big ole tender heart:D I will look forward to the reports you get from your co-worker in the coming weeks:)
((((((((LISA)))))))))

Barbara
09-20-2004, 09:08 AM
When we picked Tigris up who was 13 weeks old by the time he was such a funny and active little guy and he thought everything in the world was just play. And so he jumped in the carrier just for fun. And then we closed that carrier and brought it to the car and poor Tigris baby was crying all the way till our home (20 miles). And I was feeling so bad because I took him from his mom and his other friends at his house.

Just to tell you that I know your feelings. But also to tell you that these babies will be happy and laid back grown up cats just like our Tigris:)