PDA

View Full Version : I believe a cat picked my hubby!

catnapper
09-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Grant and I went to adoption day at Petco today to meet my next foster kittens. We got there at the very end of the day where everyone was packing up and leaving. I stopped to talk to Jen, and my husband walked over to a cage with a sweet little grey tabby kitten with an orange diamond on its forehead. He opened the cage to pet him (her?) and the kitten jumped out and onto his shoulder. He pet it and almost didn't want to let go! :D It crawled onto his back and I had to remove it, so I put the kitten back into its cage, and no sooner was Grant holding the kitten again :D

He was absolutely smitten by this kitten. It looked like the poor baby is blind in one eye (I'll have to get the scoop on that) but I think it only made Grant fall more for it. Of course he won't admit that he's smitten :rolleyes: but he talked about that kitten the whole ride home.

Soooooo......... should I be REALLY bad and find out how we can foster this sweetheart so Grant can spend more time with the baby and fall even MORE in love with it? ;) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 06:19 PM
:D :D Hubby Smitten...well, what can you do if that baby picked HIM....It is a MUST to bring it home, isn't it??

catcrazylady
09-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Is it time for number 3? Hmmmm, if you foster I would say that it is yours for keeps! Maybe you should just go get it and bring it home as a surprise for hubby!;) :D

jazzcat
09-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Do it Kim!!!!!!! I know I certainly would.:D :D

That kitten sounds adorable and I'd love to see it with it's orange diamond, how pretty.

christa
09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Definitely go for it . . . do something . . . anything! I mean, how often can we get our hubbies smitten about things like this?!?! LOL . . . I think he'd love it if you brought this kitty home!

I just had to quit taking my hubby to PetSmart adoption days . . . he gets attached to 'em in no time! If we were made of money . . . LOL.

Maybe you could get it as a foster, and then you know your hubby wouldn't want to let it go!!!

kimlovescats
09-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey, don't mess with fate .... run fast and get that baby home asap!!!:eek: :D

QueenScoopalot
09-19-2004, 08:54 PM
OOOHHH..better work fast! She sounds like a heart thief!....:D P.S..I'm quite partial to the name Bindi..which is the name for that spot on woman from India's foreheads! I think it translates to "beauty"! ;)

carole
09-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Kim BE BAD, BE BAD, BE BAD, infact be positively Evil, if it means this delightful baby can be fostered by you, and maybe, just maybe find a furever home with you, as hubby sounds pretty smitten already, YOU GO FOR IT GIRL!!! you sure have my blessing., he he.:) :D

rg_girlca
09-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Oh yes Kim, be bad, be very bad and make arrangements to foster this sweetie ASAP

Jan, I love that name, Bindi. It is such a cute name.:)

Good luck Kim and keep us posted.:)

MULTICATMOM
09-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
:D :D Hubby Smitten...well, what can you do if that baby picked HIM....It is a MUST to bring it home, isn't it??

I'M INCLINED TO AGREE!! IT'S NOT EASY TO GET A GUY KITTEN SMITTEN;) I SAY FOSTER MOM CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER:D ;) :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2004, 02:41 AM
I agree with everyone else - resistance is futile. Go pick up your little foster-kitty ASAP:D

(My hubby refuses to come to the shelter with me - he went once and found it too upsetting - he wanted to take ALL the dogs home:D

Barbara
09-20-2004, 04:52 AM
Make sure all he can ever be smitten with is a kitten:D

And go get her!

catnapper
09-20-2004, 07:24 AM
As we were going to bed last night, Grant said, "I felt so bad for that kitten, She was SUCH a sweet cat." and he went on and on about her. Would you say somebody has clawed her way into his heart?

Her name is (don't laugh) Babycakes. She had a severe eye infection when they found her, and she can see perfectly fine, its just scar tissue over her eye. She still needs meds to help reduce the scarring, so we won't be able to get her until after that is done, which would work out fine because I have three new fosters coming tomorrow, and hopefully one of them will be adopted quickly, to make room for replacement "foster" Babycakes. (hmmm... me thinks I see a name change coming on.)

Barbara
09-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Yay! Sounds as if a decision is taken:)

I think no cat of dignity can be called Babycakes after she's more than 2 weeks old:D

catmandu
09-20-2004, 08:44 AM
The Found Cats,think,taht there is a connection,between Grant,and that Kitten,and you should make,The Poor Little One,Cat No 3! Its fate!

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Kim- GET HER!!! Sometimes there is only once in a lifetime that someone is chosen by a cat and what an honor!!!! Grant will never regret it:D

MULTICATMOM
09-20-2004, 07:20 PM
I DID LAUGH:D BABYCAKES...THAT'S FUNNY!! HOW ABOUT HEARTBREAKER? OR SNEAKY? OR MI AMORE? OR LULU BELLE?
SOMETHING....ANYTHING....