PDA

View Full Version : Another rant on stupid, irresponsible pet owners!!

moosmom
09-19-2004, 05:12 PM
I went to work today and was talking to one of the employees. It seems that she has 2 cats, about 12 years old, declawed on all 4 paws :mad: :mad:. She and her husband want to find homes for them because they don't WANT them anymore. She says they are remodeling their home and are away alot and don't have time for them. :mad: The clincher??? If she can't find homes for them, they are going to kill (euthanize) them!!! :mad: :mad:

Believe me, I held my tongue. I told her I would get the word out to see if anyone can take them.

WHY do people do crap like that??? These cats are 12 years old!!! They've had them since they were litter mates. If I didn't have so many of my own cats, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

UGH!!!! Stupid people make me sick!!! :mad: :mad:

sirrahbed
09-19-2004, 05:15 PM
:( That is incredibly sad to me. After twelve years - how could they bear to part with them..let alone have them killed? I wish I COULD get mad but I read that and just want to cry....

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Thats horrible. I'd take them in a heartbeat if I could. why would anyone want to get rid of them? :mad:

KYS
09-19-2004, 05:59 PM
It amazes me when I hear stories like that.
Unfortunately the people who are in rescue
hear to many of them.
I can't imagine not bonding to a pet that you
had for 12 long years.

I was in Petco last week, and on a poster was
"FREE loving sweet 11 year old Golden retriever needs
a good home"
What good reason could someone have
to give up an 11 year old pet. :(

kingrattus
09-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Remodling their home is not a good reason to get ride of them. Being forced to move & not being able to bring the pets or becoming ill is a good reason.

I know.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2004, 02:13 AM
How sad. I feel so sorry for those poor cats. I hope they AT LEAST find a home together. After so many years they shouldn't have to be separated!

lynnestankard
09-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Arrrrggghhhhh - these stupid, irresponsible, selfish people drive me MAD! Good grief they've had these furries for 12 years and just want to throw them out and killl them!! How DARE they!

I've just been comforting a friend who's sweet dog Max - aged 15 had to be helped to the Bridge on Friday - she was devastated and such a good Mummy to love him enough to let him go.

Then you jear about someone doing this - I just want to shake them. Those poor furries - after 12 years of devotion chucked out like so much rubbish.

Lynne

wolflady
09-20-2004, 11:44 AM
I agree, that is pretty heartless. Why do people like this get pets in the first place? I just don't get it. It's basically a death sentace for elderly pets to be given up so carelessly. :( I don't know how many times situations like this would crop of on days I was volunteering at the shelter, and let me just say it's probably good that I wasn't the person that had to deal with these people because I probably would have been going off on them! I doubt I would have been able to hold my tongue! :mad:

Poor babies, I sure hope someone will take them in:( Please keep us updated.
**hugs**

davidpizzica
09-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Donna, How INCREDIBLY irresponsible these people are! First they put those poor kitties through declawing torture, then after 12 years they are still not attached to them. then they want to KILL them! I sincerely hope that those kitties get homes away from these people!!!

Dogz
09-20-2004, 01:03 PM
I cannot believe the could even think about getting rid of a furry, especially after twelve years. I hope for the best for the kitties. :(