View Full Version : If you were my cell phone ...

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Where would you be? :confused: :p

(I've already looked in the car and under the cushions :rolleyes: )

LoudLou
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Have you called yourself yet?...That's what we do... my husband's pants usually start ringing...or a coat pocket..:D

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 03:29 PM
I haven't tried ringing it, because I have it on silent :o

I'm such a doofus. How could I lose my phone? I need my phone, because I'm expecting a call tomorrow morning about a job, and I need this job! Grrr, what great timing! :rolleyes:

Lets see, I've now checked under all the chairs, the jeans I was wearing earlier, my jacket, my bag, and Squids mouth :p

It's not anywhere ...

Kfamr
09-19-2004, 03:33 PM
I'd be in the last place you put me. :p

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 03:56 PM
I'd be in the last place you put me

*whines* But where's that? :confused:

Anyone want to come over and help me look? I'll give you cookies :p

dogs_4_me
09-19-2004, 03:58 PM
lol I lost my cell phone about 3 weeks ago...come to think about it, its still missing:eek: :D

popcornbird
09-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Check in your laundry....or in the *gasp* washer or dryer. :o

puppyluvs
09-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Oh man.....This is not good...now if you don't get the job then know it is God's way of saying this job is not for you ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Check in your laundry....or in the *gasp* washer or dryer. :o

Justin's phone was missing for a couple weeks and I found it when I was cleaning the closet and found a pair of dirty shorts thrown in the corner:rolleyes:. When I checked the pockets there was the phone.

dogs_4_me
09-19-2004, 04:08 PM
have you checked

under your bed (all my stuff seems to get kicked under there:rolleyes: )

In the laundry (it could of been in a pocket)

Behind counter (mine always fell behind there)

Retrace where you have been --maybe you left it at a store!?

wabbitwuver
09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
in ur purse?

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Ok -

I retraced my steps, backwards :p (the dogs were watching me like I was insane)
Checked the washer and dryer
Checked under the bed
Checked the laundry basket
And about a zillion other places - no sign of it. I even checked the chicken shed.

I'm convinced Squid knows more then he's letting on. He's been watching me search for it with a sly smile on his face - "I know something you don't know" sort of thing. But it's not in his bed, behind the computer desk (thats where he likes to hide things) or in his mouth, so I'm stumped. Maybe I can bribe him into giving it back. A big yummy dog treat should do the trick :D

wabbitwuver
09-19-2004, 04:28 PM
maybe he burried it in the backyard!:eek: Let's hope not!

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Nah - Squid's not a digger, that's too much like hard work for him. Plus, he's a poser, and he might break a nail :eek:

wabbitwuver
09-19-2004, 04:32 PM
LOL! Sounds like he's a smart dog! *turns around and look at Honey licking her foot* well Honey isn't too....brilliant....once she chased a cat and ran into a fence and had a big fence hole shaped rust stain on her head....it was a riot!

buckner
09-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Have you checked other people's rooms? The bathroom? Your backpack, purse, bag, etc.? When do you last remember seeing it?

If I was your cell phone, I'd be laughing my bum off right now.

sirrahbed
09-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Maybe it is hanging out with the last two that my hubby lost:rolleyes:

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Have you checked other people's rooms? The bathroom? Your backpack, purse, bag, etc

I've checked everywhere! I don't know where it is, but it sure doesn't want to be found :rolleyes:

Whoever finds it for me can borrow Squiddy for a week as a prize, although, I don't know if that's a good thing, seeing as he's the main suspect for stealing the phone in the first place :p Hmm ...

Mil0Luv3r
09-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Douring Hurricane Frances me and my mother did half a button puzzle.. After when we were still staying at the office because there was electric there andd not at our house yet.. Milo FINALLY got to run around because we didn't need anymore doors open to cool the office down.. Well he got up on the rolling table that we were putting the puzzle together on and my mother turned around and caught him with a guess what? A PUZZLE PIECE! At the end of the puzzle sense it was a border puzlle thing we were missing a puzzle piece to the border(you weren't really suppose to put the piece in anyhow and the other ones that went to the border you weren't suppose to put it) It was pretty funny though! He had been putting the puzzle pieces in his so called "Secret Hiding" place *coughs* under Kimmy's crib!;)

ComedyDevil
09-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Still can't find it. I can't understand where it's gone, I know it's in the house somewhere, but I've looked everywhere and there's no sign of it. I've never lost it before either, and now it's just disappeared.

And the person ringing me about the job tomorrow morning doesnt have my home number, only my cell. Great. :rolleyes: I have to find it. Phone, where are you? :(

catnapper
09-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Ok, I found mine after it was lost on the passenger seat of my car... how on earth it got there! :confused: Were you in the car? Don;t laugh, but check the refridgerator. I've put the remote contrl there for the tv once. Who was the last person you spoke to? If you remember the conversation you might remember what room you were in and what you were doing. If you put it down in an odd place you might remember (like I put the TV remote in the fridge because I had it in my hand whle I walked to the kitchen for a drink... got the drink and left the remote sitting on the shelf :rolleyes: )

Good luck!

Freckles
09-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Checked the sides of the sofa and upholstered chairs? I know my keys fell out of the pocket and ended up there.

flamepony12
09-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Have you called yourself yet?...That's what we do... my husband's pants usually start ringing...or a coat pocket..:D

LOL!! :D

kingrattus
09-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Have u checked ur car?? try calling work or the last place outside of the house u were when u know for a fact u had the phone.

PJ's Mom
09-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Maybe your cell phone will find my cell phone and they'll get together and become good friends. :D

Good luck in finding it. Believe me, I know how frustrating the cell phone search can be. :eek:

Fox-Gal
09-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Our cell turned up missing once or twice before, it's so frustrating. Once we found our in Mooch's dog bed, I guess she was expecting a call. :D

Most time we lose ours it always in the silly places where you would never think to look, outside on the fence post and once inside the bathroom closet. I guess I was putting away towels and put it away too. :confused:

I hope you find it before your call but if you don't you do have voice mail right? I'm sure who ever calls you will leave a message and if your is like mine you can check the messages from another phone. If all else fails call them and just give them your home #.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2004, 01:37 AM
I have left mine in the fridge before, and once on the window-sill in the loo. Have you checked under any loose papers and magazines which are lying around? I suppose the only thing you can do is go systamatically through the house from top to bottom, as you havent been anywhere?

lizzielou742
09-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Mine is always buried somewhere in my bedsheets, under my car seats, in a drawer, or under the couch/behind the couch cushions.

Sorry you can't find it! :( Good luck!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Maybe it has ended up in the parallel universe where all the mismatched socks and earings go?? LOL

Seriously though, I hope you find it in time for your important phone call!

petslover
09-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey!! I hope you find it soon. Check in your car. I ALWAYS leave my phone in my car.. I hope you didn't leave it somewhere other than your house and somebody stole it! Hope ya find it!

Logan
09-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Mine has fallen out of my purse, into the floorboard of the car before, many times. Maybe that's where yours is. Keep dialing it (hopefully the battery isn't dead). Even on "silent" mode, they still make some noise.

Good luck!

Logan

ComedyDevil
09-20-2004, 03:34 PM
I FOUND IT! :D

Well, no, actually - it found me.

It appeared on the kitchen worktop this morning, after I'd left a note out for my family asking everyone to please look for it, cause I didn't want to miss this phonecall. My sister has now admitted she 'borrowed' it, she was going to take it to school this morning.

UGH :mad: I was SO mad at her! Not just because she borrowed the phone, I'm not that petty. But 1. She knew I was expecting this phonecall and she knew it was important. 2. I don't want her taking my phone to her school where things get stolen all the time. 3. She has a phone of her own! I asked her why she didn't use that and she said 'because the battery died and I couldn't be bothered to charge it' :mad: And obviously there's the fact you don't take peoples things without asking. I hate her sometimes.

The good news, however, is that I got it back in time for the phone call, and I'm in the shortlist to get the job! :D :D :D I've got to go in for another interview on friday! I'm so excited!

Thanks for all the help guys :)

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
I am GLAD that you found it but sorry it was not in the company of OUR two lost phones:p ;)
I was CERTAIN they were hiding out together:rolleyes:

My Peanuts
09-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ComedyDevil

UGH :mad: I was SO mad at her! Not just because she borrowed the phone, I'm not that petty.

I'm that petty! :p My mom's friend was going to Vegas and she asked me if she could take my phone with her. I was like, "Would you like to borrow my toothbrush too!?!" I always have my phone and if someone borrowed it without asking I'd be mad. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you found it. :)

ComedyDevil
09-20-2004, 03:48 PM
I know what you mean. If it was any other day, I would've been a bit PO'd, but cause it was the day I was expecting that call I really went for her. I'm still mad at her now - mostly because she doesn't seem to realise that the call I was waiting for was really important, and that i stayed up til 4am looking for the phone. If she just apologised it would be fine. But yeah :p

Freckles
09-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ComedyDevil
It appeared on the kitchen worktop this morning, after I'd left a note out for my family asking everyone to please look for it. My sister has now admitted she 'borrowed' it.

Did she know you were looking for it BEFORE you left the note?

ComedyDevil
09-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Yes. That's what annoys me most about it. :mad:

(I left the note to let my parents know I still hadn't found it, so they could hopefully help me look. )

Freckles
09-20-2004, 05:39 PM
I'd be annoyed too.

micki76
09-27-2004, 10:31 PM
I've been wondering, did you get the job Amy? http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage09/3.gif