PDA

View Full Version : Chihuahua owners, LET's TALK

Chica
09-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone. I have a chihuahua. I love her very much, I kiss her and tell her I love her. She is still a puppy of 5 1/2 mos. She kisses me all the time to. She sleeps with me at night. She is so smart that she does her business on the wee wee pads and newspaper all the time. I also take her outside to walk with her leash to grassy areas and she knows to do her business on grass to. She doesn't like it when I leave her in the townhouse alone. But I have to. I can't take her to the grocery store and other places like the mall. She only gets to go to my families houses to visit. She loves everyone. Everybody plays with her. She gets so excited when she is with the family.
Does anyone out there have a Chi? She has been with me for 2 1/2 months and still wimpers when I leave her. Is that normal? Will it stop?
LET'S TALK;)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I have a chihuahua, Buster. He is 9 years old and I've had him for 3 years. He was a rescue. He is very clingy to me. He still cries when I leave, but I'm sure he stops after a short time and takes a nap.

He was pee pad trained when I got him, but had never been outside. I trained him to go outside rather than use the pee pads.

Here is a picture of Buster:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/kblaix/furbabies/IMG_0406.jpg

tatsxxx11
09-19-2004, 06:23 PM
We have a couple more Chi moms...hopefully they'll check in soon:) Chica's such a cutie:D

trayi52
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM
I have two chihuahuas, a male name Gaucho, and a female name Buffy. Buffy is the one that is really clingy and wants to go everywhere I go. She thinks she is the boss. Which I guess she is! She taught our bird how to whine and sound just like her. So now I don' t know which one is doing the whining her or Charlie the Cockatiel!

I know Gaucho is about 11 or 12, and I think Buffy is about four years old. LOL, not really sure, If I write something down, I just loose it anyway.

Willie:)

Tina
09-19-2004, 07:21 PM
I don't have a pure chihuahua but my Ginger is 1/2 chihuahua.:)

She is very clingy to me she loves to go everywhere with me. I take her just about everywhere. There are some places I don't take her if I know I can't take her into or I would have to leave her in the car I don't like doing that. She loves going for rides! And she loves everyone!

Ginger will be 3 years old on November 22nd.

KYS
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Chica is just the cutest little pup and she
is full of personaltiy.
Why not take her to the mall! :)

Chica
09-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by KYS
Chica is just the cutest little pup and she
is full of personaltiy.
Why not take her to the mall! :)
I can take her to the mall, but I won't be able to go shopping!!!
I would just walk around holding her and thousands of people will stop and want to pet her. It might scare her. But it might be a good idea to take her to socialize her more.:) :cool:

Chica
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KBlaix
[B]I have a chihuahua, Buster. He is 9 years old and I've had him for 3 years. He was a rescue. He is very clingy to me. He still cries when I leave, but I'm sure he stops after a short time and takes a nap.

Hi , I think my girl stops a short time after I leave to. So, I guess this will always happen, because this breed is like this. Right?
I didn't get the picture of Buster, if you want to try and send me another one, I would really like to see him! Thanks,Sherry :)

Chica
09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I have two chihuahuas, a male name Gaucho, and a female name Buffy.
I know Gaucho is about 11 or 12, and I think Buffy is about four years old.
Willie:)
Hi,
Does buffy whine when you leave her? Does Gaucho? This is a trait of Chi's isn't it? Do you keep them in the house, or do you have a backyard for your pets? I don't have a yard, I live in a townhouse. Another thing my girl likes to do is lick my face when I go to bed or run around on the bed and run over my face. She finally will settle down and curl up under the blanket in bed with me. :rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Chica
I didn't get the picture of Buster, if you want to try and send me another one, I would really like to see him! Thanks,Sherry :)

Sorry, I was moving things around in photobucket and that picture was one I moved. I fixed it, you should be able to see the picture now.

Chica
09-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
Sorry, I was moving things around in photobucket and that picture was one I moved. I fixed it, you should be able to see the picture now.

I see the picture of your cockateil.Beautiful white bird. :) But no picture of Buster:(
When you can, send me a pic of Buster:)
Hugs, ;) Sherry

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-19-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't have a Chihuahua but my Grandpa does, he is 7 years old and he never barks. He is a great little dog, he is so clingy too. Your Chica is adorable:D

Chica
09-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Thank you for your reply :) Your grandfather has a Chihuahua.?
Thank you for your compliment about Chica:) :cool: Chica never barks either. But she is 5 1/2 months old. Will she start barking later when she is an adult?:confused: Your brew is great!!!Tia is so cute!:)

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-19-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Chica
Your Grandfather has a Chihuahua.?

Yes, his name is Taco, he's black and tan with a bit of white on his chest.

Chica
09-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi, TACO is an adorable name, and appropriate. Just like I thought Chica was a good name for a CHI.:) ;)

cloverfdx
09-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Yes Chichuahua owner here aswell, Theodore is my Mums 2 year old Male, Tan Chihuahua. He is full of personality and is a smart little guy.

I have trained him to a good level in Obedience, and i have also done a bit of Flyball and Agility with him. Theodore barks when he want to tell us someone is at the door or if someone walks past "His" house. :D Also he does not whine when he is left home and is quite well behaved. We have a large yard for the dogs and they go out to play everyday and Theodore is fully housetrained with no accidents for about a year now.

Here is the little guy. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/CD2TheoCarDaylesford2Yawn.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/CD2TheoCarDaylesford1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/CD2TheoCarDaylesford3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/AATheostandPT1.jpg

And so Penny(Jack Russell,Chi who knows what mix), Theo's best friend does not feel left out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/cloverfdx/CD2PennyCarDaylesford3.jpg

swimma253
09-20-2004, 05:37 PM
I dont have a chi but Chica is cute! :D

Clover.. you have a chiuaua?!?! lol

Carly