PDA

View Full Version : What did you do this weekend?

lizzielou742
09-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Did anyone do anything fun this weekend?

I was sick all weekend! I had all these plans - friends coming in from out-of-town, another friend's surprise 30th birthday party, and a trip to Lexington - and I had to cancel them all because I was throwing up all night Thursday night and all day Friday, and couldn't really get out of bed much until today. Now, today, my boyfriend has whatever I had, so I've been nursing him all day, and trying to catch up on all the laundry we've made. :( And it sucks even more because the weather was so great, and football's just getting started!!!

Anyone have a better weekend than me?

Amber
09-19-2004, 02:03 PM
I was sick this week aswell. I didn't do anything but lay around and sleep.

I have a ton of homework I have to do today, gah..

But I had fun plans made, I was gonna go to our home high school football game with friends, and stay the night at a friends house.

oh well....hopefully next week will be better.

Kfamr
09-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Went shopping -- Got some dog toys and Nelly's 2 new albums. :D

Other than that, nothing really.
Plan on going to the beach in a bit.

dogs_4_me
09-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Yes! This weekend was sweet. First of all my two friends from AUstralia came, we went shopping, sight seeing, ect ect it was so much fun, I would post pictures, but i had a little incident with the camera:mad: ;)

Aspen and Misty
09-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Hmmm, a good weekend?

Not really!

Friday - It rained, it pored, poor PA got flooded with water and alot of people lost there homes.

Saturday - I had a WHOLE bunch of plans for me and my dad, but he was on the phone all day talking to his 48 stores trying to get everything back in order cause most were under 2 to 3 feet of water :rolleyes:

Saturday Night- Went to see my friend in the hospital. When we got there she was sleeping, it was the only time we could come and see her though so we deced to wake her up (she told us we could) we shook her and she didn't wake up. So we got a nurse to do it and he couldn't wake her up. So he went to find the nurse who normally is taking care of her and when they came back they had 5 people and this really big machine with them. They started shacking her yelling her name. They kicked us out of the room and took her blood pressure and stuff. We were clear down the hall and could hear them yelling her name :( it was scary, but she finally woke up.

Today - Breeze and I went to church and taught the little kids everything they need to know about the bible. ;) No, really, we just played on the swings and stuff. Then I came home and cleaned the litter pans of the buns.

The thing that made it all worth while - I put Golly and Molly (foster buns who have been seprated for the past 3 weeks b/c we found out they are oposit sexes and thought Moll was pregnet :eek: ) I put them in this HUGE pen to see how they got along. They ran up to each other and groomed and groomed and played and binkied. It made my weekend!

Ash

ps: I've also been sick all weekend and had tooth work done so my WHOLE mouth achs!

molucass
09-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Yesterday I didn't do anything really. I brought the dogs to the park for about an hour, but it was way too hot, so we came home.

Today we all got up early and got ready so we could go out to eat with Eden (my niece) for her birthday. So, we went out to eat, and then by the time we got back here, she was asleep. So we let her take a long nap, and then she got to eat (play with) her birthday cake that my sister and I made for her.. :D

This evening is my uncles vistation at the funeral home, and then after that we are going to my aunts house to be with the family.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-19-2004, 04:17 PM
yesterday I went to Discovery Cove, you can read about my day here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59023). It is a theme park owned by Sea World.

Today I went to see my sister-in-laws new apartment and then we went shopping and got some things for her new place.

buckner
09-19-2004, 05:32 PM
This past week I have been totally sick with Strep Throat. I thought that would ruin my plans.. it ruined some.

Friday, I was supposed to work. I love working.. I love the kids. That never happened because I was in bed barely being able to move because I felt horrible. That night, we went to see "Annie" the musical. I do have to say.. that ROCKED!

Saturday, I was supposed to go rehearse with the worship band at my church at 10:15. Hehe, that didn't happen... I woke up at 10 and told myself I didn't want to go. So I just slept until like noon. :D That night, the Light The Night walk went on, so I took my friend and met up at the place with people I knew. Oh my gosh, I had an AWESOME time! Our team raised $3000 I think, for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. So that night, I basically got to hang out with my best friend and a reallllllly nice guy I knew from before.

Today, got up, went to church and Sunday School. It was fun. :) Then I went shopping with my mom to get her glasses adjusted, Hallmark, and to Kohl's. I got some new shoes out of the deal. :) Then I went to Read It And Reap.

I'll tell ya.. one of the busiest weekends I have, and I'm sick. Blah.

Samantha Puppy
09-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Friday night, my husband and I entertained his brother's girlfriend while he was at a rehearsal dinner. Then he came to pick her up and they left and the old fogies (my husband and I) went to bed.

Saturday, we watched a lot of TV. I started making food for today's football party. The internet was down due to crappy weather from the remnants of Ivan going through our area.

Today, we got up and did some major cleaning. Then friends and family came over to watch the Ravens-Steelers game. Then everyone left and now hubby's downstairs working and I'm goofing around upstairs...

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-22-2004, 09:06 AM
oh my gosh, I had practically the BEST weekend of my life!!! My sister, mom and I all flew to California to visit friends, and our friends had a surprise b-day party for my best buddy and she didn't know we were there! (I hadn't seen them since Jan.) It was LOADS of fun, I can't say how much, and we barely got any sleep!! It was a BLAST!!! I'll post pictures soon!!! ;)

Tonya
09-22-2004, 10:07 AM
My weekend must have been real exciting because I can't remember a thing I did. lol. The only thing I can think of is that I went to Jaden's soccer game Saturday morning. I think I pretty much slept and lounged around.

Oh! I know, I know! I did have an exciting Sunday. Sunday was our first rain and I just LOVE rain. Jaden and I took Dusty and Roxy to the park in the pouring rain. This park is brand new, and it has a HUGE fence around the playground, I suppose it's intended to keep the toddlers in. But don't tell Roxy and Dusty that, I made them think the park was built for them. :D I was able to let them off leash because (of course) there wasn't a soul at the park. We played on the swings and teeter totter and rolled around in the mud with the dogs. It was a blast. We looked like a couple of dorks and I looked like the wierdest mom walking home grinning ear to ear all muddy and wet in the pouring rain. lol.

Tonya
09-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
oh my gosh, I had practically the BEST weekend of my life!!! My sister, mom and I all flew to California to visit friends, and our friends had a surprise b-day party for my best buddy and she didn't know we were there! (I hadn't seen them since Jan.) It was LOADS of fun, I can't say how much, and we barely got any sleep!! It was a BLAST!!! I'll post pictures soon!!! ;)

What part of California?

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
What part of California?

Oh wow, I visited Denair/Turlock!! We passed through Modesto on the way to and from the Sacramento airport. That's so weird you were right there! lol. :D

Tonya
09-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
Oh wow, I visited Denair/Turlock!! We passed through Modesto on the way to and from the Sacramento airport. That's so weird you were right there! lol. :D

Haha! Wow! What a small world. I like Denair, it's a cute little town.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
Haha! Wow! What a small world. I like Denair, it's a cute little town.

Yea, Denair's small but neat! Turlock is REALLY cool too! Wasn't the weather awesome this weekend gorgeous??!! Did you get that thunderstorm that passed over on Sunday night? We did, and it was SO cool! :D

ramanth
09-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I got engaged! :D

Tonya
09-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Yes, we did. We are only 15 minutes from there, so our weather is always the same. I loved the weather this weekend. It was wonderful after a long hot spell!

Tonya
09-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I got engaged! :D

WHOOO HOOOO! I have been meaning to tell you, I LOVE your sig!