PDA

View Full Version : Landlords kiss saves spin kitty.

ChrisH
09-19-2004, 01:22 PM
A pub landlord gave his wife's kitten the kiss of life after accidentally putting it into the washing machine while it slept in a pile of towels.

Vets told 43-year-old Stuart Warden that his quick-thinking had saved 12-week-old Frankie's life. "I thought artificial respiration would blow water out of his lungs and the vet said it probably saved him," he said.

Mr Warden is a former fireman who runs the Swan Inn at Whissonsett, Norfolk, with his wife Suzanne, 41. The landlord, who also works as a part-time printer in Heybridge, Essex, said he put a pile of towels into the machine without realising the ginger tom had bedded down in them. "He was probably going around in the machine for about five minutes before we realised. I could hear him crying, but didn't know where he was," said Mr Warden.

Mr Warden said the kitten was wobbly for a few days after the incident. He had water in his lungs and suffered from hypothermia. But he seems to have made a full recovery.

Source of story with small picture of the kitten. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/3669094.stm

carla and mike
09-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Poor cat to have to go through something so horrible.I'm glad he'll be ok.I never understand why people don't put clothes in the washer individually like your suppose to.

catcrazylady
09-19-2004, 01:37 PM
OMG! What a horrible thing to happen to the little guy! Thank God they got to him in time. He is a real cutie!

As for putting clothes in the washer one at a time Carla...it was a man! Sorry, no offense to anyone. It's just that most of the time you guys take the shortest way out.;) :D
Ummm, I hope that wasn't Mike!;) :D

carla and mike
09-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi CCL..No Mike just reads these.He won't type anything.LOL

Uabassoon
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Poor kitty, I'm happy to hear that he's ok though. Even with the most careful kitty parents accidents do happen, but it's was lucky for the kitty that he knew how to save it.

QueenScoopalot
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Gee...there seem to be a lot of washing machine/dryer stories flying around here lately! :eek: I'm glad to hear the kitten was OK...hope he was checked by a vet and monitored to assure no pneumonia is cropping up. :(

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Poor kitty had to be terrified! Thank God they heard him and someone knew what to do or the outcome would have been tragic...

catmandu
09-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Thank God,that that Gentleman,was able to avert,a tragedy!