PDA

View Full Version : animal friend

ashleycat
09-18-2004, 11:09 PM
should i get a friend for my 6 year old female kitty?are cats like bunnies, an prefer to have a friend.. she used to play with one of my bunnies, but he dont play with her anymore since he got neutered, and has a bunny friend.. she never had a litter of her own.. how do i know she wants a friend?

leslie
09-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Have you yet solved the problem of your cat (never told us her name?) having a problem with the litter box!? I would definatly not recommend any more pets until that problem is resolved!

ashleycat
09-19-2004, 10:53 AM
its behavioral,, we lock her up in our bedroom with us over night, and she is fine, she uses her box an everything.. i blocked off the corner where she was going, and she didnt go outside that corner.. its just a matter of breaking her out of the habbit, and getting that smell out of the padding now, i think... ive watched her use the box.. shes not straining.. she dont go in hidden spots like the bed or clothes.. just on carpet where the previous owners had their animals, and didnt clean well afterwards

oh, her name is ashley

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I find that some cats I have had NEEDED companion kitties. If she is home a lot during the day by herself is is very demanding of attention, I would get her a companion. Others like being alone so it really depends on her disposition and how well she would do with another one.

But I would make sure this other problem is gone first...

catmandu
09-19-2004, 12:28 PM
All Aniamls,like People,want a Companion,of thier own kind,to be Friends,with and I would get a Young Cat,mabe a Year,or Two,that has a Quiet Puurrsonality. Good Luck!!!