PDA

View Full Version : cat adoptions at Melissa's shelter..update..

carole
09-18-2004, 09:01 PM
My daughter Melissa did her second stint with the cats today, at the shopping mall, just wanted everyone to know Libby has been adopted, she had a broken jaw, due either to being hit by a car or thrown out of one, and was so matted ,she was shaved , making her appearance not as pretty as she really is, a pretty long haired Black beauty with a sweet, gentle nature.

Also Marmalade and Sooty were adopted, so this is indeed great news.

Today a cute kitten Tina was adopted, Muffin the kitty Melissa named is still there, but hopefully next time will be his time.
Again Melissa had a great time,she usually takes a girlfriend along with her, her friend Wendy was keen to take the kitten home, but could not get hold of her mother, maybe just as well, they already have 3 cats, two dogs, heaps of rabbits, goldfish, etc etc, they live on a farm.

So all in all good results for the Human Alternative Shelter today., kitten season will be upon us next month, so I guess that is going to be the toughest time.

Laura's Babies
09-18-2004, 09:12 PM
That is great news! I love hearing when they have good adoption days. I said before and I will say again, they ALL deserve good loving homes!

rg_girlca
09-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I love hearing stories of these precious babies being adopted out to forever homes.
Such great news.

It must make your daughter feel so good when these happens.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2004, 01:42 AM
That's great news. And I'll say it again - your daughter must be a really special young lady to do this in her free time!

jenluckenbach
09-19-2004, 05:12 AM
Congratulations and good luck to all the other kitties.

Killearn Kitties
09-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Good luck in your new homes, kitties! It must be encouraging for your daughter to see the cats get good homes. :)

QueenScoopalot
09-19-2004, 08:58 AM
I'm so happy to hear that all those sweet deserving kitties got homes! Especially Libby. ;) It's always refreshing to hear that a 'not so perfect' kitty got a home. :) She's be just perfect in my eyes. :D Give Melissa a ((HUG)) from all us PTers! ;)

jazzcat
09-19-2004, 11:44 AM
That is great news. It must have been very exciting and rewarding to your daughter to see those kitties get homes.

kimlovescats
09-19-2004, 11:47 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS, Carol ... thanks for the update and tell Melissa "good job" for me!;)

carla and mike
09-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Great news!!!I'm so happy that these cats are getting nice homes.:D

catmandu
09-19-2004, 12:26 PM
The Found Cats,are so pleased,that thiervfellow Cats,have found Thier Furr Ever Home,and that must make your Daughter,feel so GOOD!

carole
09-19-2004, 08:59 PM
thank you all for your nice comments, will pass them on, yes it was indeed a rewarding day, Melissa was on a big high, after her morning there, just wait until all the kittens come up for adoption, she will love that.

She gets asked to come along every three weeks, and they do two hourly shifts, so it really is not too much of a committment, and one that she throughly enjoys,very satisfying.