PDA

View Full Version : Magoo & Abigail..*MAJOR CUTENESS WARNING*

catcrazylady
09-18-2004, 08:40 PM
I hope you all can handle this because I had a hard time! I was trying my darndest to get pictures while the tears welled and I ooohed and awwwwwed.
Are you ready for this?

Abigail crawled up next to Magoo and immediately that big furry white paw went around her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p2b76aee7ff183257ccb1b86dfeb9def2/f6f7daa5.jpg

Then she sat up and head butted Grandpa Magoo
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pe1e17ead4ae276e4405acfcb53d0f810/f6f7da60.jpg

These next three pictures totally blew me away!

Abigail attempted to NURSE on Magoo:eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p3d4655b25af185384d0b5c36fcf68f5b/f6f7da70.jpg

These next two pictures are how Magoo handled the situation.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p46385af10ad58cd259337bda51eac0ae/f6f7da96.jpg

Heartbreaker coming up

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pa47cfaeaa59c848f440800dd43d89904/f6f7da7d.jpg

Can you all believe this boy????:D
Laura I'm so glad you are going to see these before you leave.

Dogz
09-18-2004, 08:46 PM
AWWW!

Thanks for the warning, it was needed. This is a definate cuteness overload!

I am so glad that you were able to get these shots. Thanks for sharing them! :D

slick
09-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Oh my God.....why is it that this picture has me crying like a baby?? This thread should come with a "tissue warning".
I can't believe how far the Magoomeister has come and you can take all the credit for it!! Thank you for sharing these pictures.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/pa47cfaeaa59c848f440800dd43d89904/f6f7da7d.jpg

DogLover9501
09-18-2004, 08:50 PM
OMGosh!! That is just too adorable!

catcrazylady
09-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by slick
Oh my God.....why is it that this picture has me crying like a baby?? This thread should come with a "tissue warning".
I can't believe how far the Magoomeister has come and you can take all the credit for it!! Thank you for sharing these pictures.

I understand the reaction completely! Everytime I think that he can't do one more thing to amaze me, he does!
Five months ago he was mean, nasty, and out of control. I look at him now and I can't even imagine that this is the same cat. God sure answered all the PT prayers and threw in some extra with this little furry man!!:D

Laura's Babies
09-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Grandpa Magoo!! Now you have done it big boy!! Just when I could look at you and not CRY, here you go and got the tears going again!! OH MY GOD! YOU are the MOST amazing guy in the world!! So, you have adopted yourself a baby... that is just adorable and to sweet for words my little sweetie. Where did that old tough scrappy street kitty go? He has been replaced with one he** of an amazing softie... NOT that being a softie is bad, it is GREAT! Now you got even MORE love coming at you from this cute little baby Abigail. You can love her furever and teach her all your charm and wit. Your own kitten!

Yes CCL, am I EVER glad I was home to see these, this is another milestone as his world continues to grow and grow and grow. He has his OWN kitty to love!! LOVED the pictures and have to start SAVING them now!!

Pam
09-18-2004, 09:07 PM
ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!!!!! If there ever was any doubt that you and Mr. Magoo were a match made in heaven these pictures should end that! Your love for him has caused Magoo to blossom and the kittens obviously feel happy and secure in your home. What a warm fuzzy feeling I have to head off to bed with. :)

slick
09-18-2004, 09:08 PM
CCL: he was mean and nasty because he was scared and didn't know the love of a human. You changed all that and with the love you've shown him, he is returning it 100-fold to you and other furbabies. That's how powerful love and patience can be. :)

sirrahbed
09-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Lisa, I am speechless with awe. I am going to cry. I have never, ever seen anything like this. That last picture...the look of utter trust and contentment on that baby's face while the huge Magoo tenderly holds and grooms her. All I can think of is that God knew what He was doing with these and ALL creatures and they have something to teach us...
Now I will go have that cry. Thank you for the pictures. Lovely!

auggie
09-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Oh my Gosh! CCL, these are the cutest pictures ever!
Awww, Magoo is such a sweet boy!
They both look so content and happy together.
May I have your permission to save that picture to my desktop?
:)

Craftlady
09-18-2004, 09:12 PM
WOW I even got hubby away from t.v. to see these photos :) What a doll he is Mr. Magoo :)

catcrazylady
09-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Thanks ALL of you for understanding and sharing him with me. I'm still just about speechless! That doesn't happen often with me!;) :D
You are right Debbie when you said God brought all them together. I feel so blessed that he let me have all this happen in my home. WOW!

Auggie and anyone else: Please feel free to save any pictures.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-18-2004, 09:25 PM
That is the most sweetest HAPPIEST picture in the whole world.

Magoo has come such a long way... and it is easy to tell he feels safe and loved now.

Magoo washing Abigale is so precious and it makes me want to scoop him up and kiss him!!!:D :D :D

catnapper
09-18-2004, 09:30 PM
What to say? I'm a huge puddle here! I've just melted into a big puddle! I've never ever imagined that scared cat from a few months ago could turn into such a love muffin!

catcrazylady
09-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
:p I smacked it right on my desktop first thing!!! I LOVE it!!!

LOL!!! So did I!!!:D

Amber
09-18-2004, 09:32 PM
That is so precious!

Give Magoo, a kiss for me, please. :)

Grace
09-18-2004, 09:43 PM
OMG - I woke up Dougie Darling to see these pictures!!

You know, after seeing the photos from earlier, I had a feeling, premonition that these two were going to be very special together. So I'm not totally surprised.

Come grow old with me; the best is yet to be.

slick
09-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
LOL!!! So did I!!!:D
So did I!!! Thanks.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Oh wow... :( How charming... Magoo, what a great boy you are. :)

rg_girlca
09-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Okay Lisa, you have me bawling my eyes out here. Those have got to be the most heartwarming, precious pictures I have ever seen.
Like I told you, I think that Magoo made a complete turn around because you decided NOT to bring him back to the shelter after what you had gone through with him.
By showing Magoo so much love and devotion, has made him feel safe, secure and loved with you guys in your home.
He is such an inspiration to us all and has taught us a lot.

I love this big lug so much and I hope and pray that he continues to amaze you and all of us for many, many more years to come.

Please give him a big hug and kiss for me.

That last picture will be in my dreams tonight.:)

christa
09-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Wow, I really don't know what to say . . . I'm speechless!

OK, so maybe not speechless . . . MAGOO, YOU SWEETHEART!!! I love this guy to death and then he pulls a "Mr. Softy" on all of us . . . he's completely melted my heart!!!

Lisa, you've really got a keeper there! I just can't get over this picture! I LOVE IT!

EXTREMELY PRECIOUS!!! & I'm so happy that Abigail has made this bond with Magoo . . . she's been so pitiful, and in that last picture, she looks like she's in heaven!

popcornbird
09-18-2004, 11:53 PM
Oh my gosh! How so very CUTE!!! Magoo is a total sweetheart to be so loving to his siblings, despite his disabilities. Very sweet. Makes me want to add a kitty to the household. I don't think Popcorn and Muffin would like the idea though. :p Don't think my family would either. :o *sigh*

Tonya
09-19-2004, 12:09 AM
OMG! MAJOR CUTENESS! That is just the sweetest thing!

leslie
09-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Good boy Magoo! He knew the kitten was as harmless as a waif and let her into his trust circle! He will be good for future fosters as well!!! Are the others as sweet to her as Magoo?

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2004, 12:50 AM
That is just amazing! I kep on going back to the pics and just staring at them in awe! Mr Magoo has come SO FAR in such a short time, and you deserve all the credit for that Lisa. Magoo is going to reward you BIG TIME for all the patience and love you have given him. (You should take some of these pics to the people who initially thought Magoo should be PTS!)

Little Abigail is SO TINY - she does look like a little MOUSE!

(((HUGS))) to you, and scritchies to all the furkids.

gini
09-19-2004, 01:11 AM

Just look at that picture............Oh, just look at that picture and look and look and look...................so incredibly precious!

jenluckenbach
09-19-2004, 05:18 AM
OMG! My eyes are wet. Pictures like that can get ANYONE through the toughest day.

And just think, such kindness and gentleness coming from a cat we thought HATED other cats (at first, before we knew him better)

Killearn Kitties
09-19-2004, 05:31 AM
Aww, Magoo has got himself a kitten!!! These pictures are just unbelievable. I lack proper words to describe them ... :D :D
I can't believe the transformation in such a short time.

smokey the elder
09-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Magoo, what an incredibly good boy you've turned into! That pic with you grooming the kitten is so priceless!

K & L
09-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Lisa this is so sweet! What a gentle soul Mr. Magoo has! These made my day.

Lacey
09-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Oh! That last pic is the most touching thing ever! Magoo has turned into such a sweetie-pie!

RobiLee
09-19-2004, 07:42 AM
So wonderful! What a beautiful site you were able to capture. Just priceless. Please give my love to both Magoo and Abigail.

Robin :)

QueenScoopalot
09-19-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm very glad this came with a *warning*! You big sweetie Magoo. It seems he's not quite sure what to do about her trying to nurse on him, so he licks her away! That is just too funny. Nothing like a big smile to start off a chilly Sunday morning! :D :D

nibblets
09-19-2004, 10:28 AM
This is just too sweet for words! Is he partial to little Abigail or is he nurturing like this with Rosco as well?

lizzielou742
09-19-2004, 10:39 AM

OMG look how he's got both paws around her! And look at that kitty smile on her face!! That is just priceless. Precious beyond words. :D :D :D :D :D Thank you for sharing this with us,

Randi
09-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Awww! These have got to be the sweetest pictures ever!! :p I didn't think Magoo could get any sweeter, but this beats it all. :D Just see what love can do!

Kisses to Magoo - and also Abigail. :)

jazzcat
09-19-2004, 11:31 AM
OMG Lisa!!!!! This is amazing and just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I just can't believe this. What a story!!!!

I just don't know what to say so I think I will go stare at those amazing and adorable pictures again.

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi Magoo, Aunt Laura had to come back again and look and look at you and your baby Abigail.. Magoo, you have Aunt Laura a pile of goo-goo mush!!

lynnestankard
09-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Oh Magoo - you've done it again - turned us all into various stages of **Mush**!!

You really are such a sweetheart - can't get over just what a cutie-pie you are xxxxx

Lynne

carla and mike
09-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Looks like Magoo has a best kitty friend with Abigail.A much needed kitty friend too.Great photos.Please send us more.
We love Magoo and all your cats.:D:D

kimlovescats
09-19-2004, 11:49 AM
OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOODNESSSSSSS!!!!
I am just beaming with delight and GOOSEBUMPS!!!! Oh, Lisa what a piece of HEAVEN you have!!!!

BIG HUGS AND KISSIES to Momma Magoo!!!!:D :D :D

RedHedd
09-19-2004, 11:51 AM
It's all been said; besides I'm speechless and all I can say is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :D Grandpa Magoo is SO SWEET!

prechrswife
09-19-2004, 12:38 PM
That is just too precious for words...

CathyBogart
09-19-2004, 01:56 PM
That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Magoo....You are one wonderful boy!

Tina
09-19-2004, 02:22 PM
OMG! How very sweet!

moosmom
09-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Lisa,

I'm in a total TEARJERKER mode!!!! That last picture did it for me. Looks like the Gooster has a new buddy. Abigail is precious! Of course so is our boy!!

MULTICATMOM
09-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I ALWAYS KNEW HE COULD DO IT!!:D HE GOT LOVE SO HE GIVES LOVE! WAY TO SHARE THE WEALTH GOOSTER!!:D :D :D

CCL-LISA, YOU MADE ME TEARY EYED:rolleyes:
((((HUGS)))) FOR ALL THE BLESSED LOVE AT YOUR PLACE.

Barbara
09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Nothing better for a little girl than to have a sweet grandpa- he's telling the best stories in the cat language:D

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I keep coming back to this!! YES it is my desktop also, but the story is just so wonderful. I wish we could get this out to the media - Magoo could touch SO MANY others with his amazing story Lisa!! Have you thought of approaching your local news at the human interest editor?? Maybe this could generate some interest also for the shelter where you adopted him???

trayi52
09-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Lisa, those are the sweetest pictures! Magoo, has to be the most loved cat of all! He really made me feel so much better just looking at him hugging that little tiny baby!

When did you get a new baby? Wow, I haved missed alot!

Willie:)

gini
09-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Yes, I too have missed Mr. Magoo's story. Is there a thread about him? I would love to read more about his rescue.

It sure does give you the warm fuzzies!!!

sirrahbed
09-20-2004, 12:06 PM
new kitty at shelter (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47014&highlight=ocular)

may adopt him (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47035&highlight=ocular)

Updates (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47461&highlight=ocular)

needs new name (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47982&highlight=ocular)

uh-oh!!! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48083&highlight=magoo+and+bite)

Magoo pix (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53296&highlight=ocular)

After these history threads, you can just search "magoo" and follow the whole story!!! Enjoy!!!:D

catcrazylady
09-20-2004, 12:17 PM
For those of you who don't know the whole Magoo story, I will warn you it is a long one!
In a nutshell,
Magoo came into the shelter where I volunteer. He had been found wandering outside with one eye gone and the other a bulging mass of infection. He was blind and no one knows how long he wandered on his own like that. He was also an unaltered male. The shelter vet removed his eye and nuetered him. He went through lots of anitbiotics and URI's and when he was finally deemed well I adopted him.
On his first morning with us he bit me harder than I have ever been bit before. I ended up having to go the ER a few days later with a very nasty infection.
Magoo continued to be a very nasty kitty! He would attack our other cats and stalk them by their smell. When we let him out of the cage in the evening we had to keep our other cats out of that room. Rebellion began and someone started peeing nightly on our bed!
To make a looooong story short he was a physco for several months and we began medicating him. He has been with us since April and nobody expected this turn around in such a short time. It has been a very long road that all the PT folks got me through. We almost returned him to the shelter on more than one occasion.
Everybody is well adjusted now, I have use of my right hand again, and nobody is peeing in the bed!! Magoo is no longer medicated and has turned into one very special kitty.
PT people share Magoo because it took all of us to get through it!

If you really want to read all the desperation and see pictures you can do a search for Ocular (shelter name) and Magoo to get the full story. It feels like a lifetime ago but like yesterday too.

Thanks for the kind words everybody! I'm just the photographer that shares the pictures. Magoo has done it all!!

edit: Debbie you put out the links while I was typing this mini book! Thank You! I didn't have the time to go look it all up.

catland
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
CCL - you are indeed Magoo's Annie Sullivan. :D

gini
09-21-2004, 01:20 AM
CCL - my hat is off to you.......in a large way..........for taking in this beautiful kitty and sticking with him.........giving him a chance.

I KNOW........that you will be rewarded and of course, you are already..........but these kitties don't forget and they TELL everyone they know about YOU. The Rainbow Bridge has a Reception Center and it is filled with plaques of very special people who have made a difference in an animal's life............

Your plaque is kinda big...................and polished daily.XXOO

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Oh Magoo.....you are just too darned sweet for my own good. :D

RICHARD
09-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Magoo has done it all!!

I don't think so......You had his batonga wongas snipped!!!:eek: ;) :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm so glad I didn't miss this thread.:) Magoo has done it again and surprised us all. These pictures are priceless Lisa. Thanks for sharing them with us.:)