PDA

View Full Version : Good News for the animals in the Flood!

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2004, 03:42 PM
PA is flooding right now, really badly to. Many homes are being evacuated, tons of rivers are over flowing and stores/houses are under 1 to 3 feet of water! So my dad has been on the phone with his stores trying to get things settled. (He's a district manager for Family Dollar with 2 districts under neath him equaling to 48 stores he is taking care of). And he told me a few happy animal stories.

One of his employee's had to leave her home. She went to a local hotel and begged and pleaded to bring her animals with her even though they didn't allow animals in the hotel regularly couldn't they make a exeption? Adn they said YES!!!:D :D YAY for this hotel! They are such a wonderful place!! I'm going to write them a thank you lettter telling them that it's Hotels like them that make times of crises just a little bit easier!

Not only that, but there is a pet store across the street from one of my dad's stores. Neither stores are flooding, or are even close to flooding, but the Pet store evacuated ALL there animals just in case!! We dont' know where they all went, but this just goes to show ya that even though they aren' there animals, pet stores treat them as if they were! Good for them :D

Ashley

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Ashley, what beautiful stories of people working together in a crisis!

dogs_4_me
09-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Great stories, that is great the hotel made an exception, thats a great idea to right a thank you letter to the hotel