PDA

View Full Version : danes size!! oh nooooo

LorraineO
09-18-2004, 12:36 PM
PLEASE tell me Merln is NOT gonna get THIS BIG!!!!!!

check out the attachment!!!!

BCBlondie
09-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Since Merlin is a mutt, I doubt he's going to get AS big as a Dane.. Was one of his parents a Dane?

micki76
09-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Oh, my!! That would be cool. :) I've always wanted a dane. :D

LorraineO
09-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Since Merlin is a mutt, I doubt he's going to get AS big as a Dane.. Was one of his parents a Dane?

from what my vet said,, it appears YES!! Hubby and I went on a few GD sites and he definately looks like one!!! He has the ears, although,, not as big,, the front legs,, the markings, his nose shape ,,,tail,,,,

guster girl
09-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Do you not want him to be that big? i think that would be awesome!

LorraineO
09-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Welllll... I dunno,,, I dont live on a farm,, :D :D

If he does get really big,, I just hope he is a couch potato and is well behaved!!!!! I didnt know he had dane in him til we already adopted him,,, now dont get me wrong,, I love GD's,,, always joked about getting one but man,, I wasnt prepared to hear I did get one!! Well,,,, a mixed dane,, they are gorgeous dogs!!! Oh,, the food bill...

guster girl
09-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I know from what I've heard that they are couch potatoes. :) And, I've also heard (from a friend of mine that has a lab and a dane) that her two boys eat the same amount of food daily because her lab's energy level is through the roof and her dane's lazy as heck. so, you never know! it may not be too bad!

micki76
09-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Well, I know from what I've heard that they are couch potatoes. :) And, I've also heard (from a friend of mine that has a lab and a dane) that her two boys eat the same amount of food daily because her lab's energy level is through the roof and her dane's lazy as heck. so, you never know! it may not be too bad!

Yeah, they are MAJOR couch potatoes. :) They're actually very good apartment dogs. Greyhounds usually are as well.

Corinna
09-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Having raised and had BIG dogs (hubby checking on a bernesse mtn) The big in put of food is the 1st year after that they eat about as much as a med. to large dog.
My Merlin thinks youes has a lot of dane in him. Ps If he doesn't work out I would absolutly take him. I want a dane . The bigger the better. sps. every one we are waiting to hear about a Dog from a shelter in Idaho on a Benresse Mtn. dog . if not I have inquires in on 2 Newfys. they are both on pet finer . the one I like is newfy and shar pi Dougan is so cool looking I can just picture Lady and him tearing up the back yard. :D

Dogz
09-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Wow, Great Danes are just so majestic. :)

Yep, I've heard that GDs are couch potatoes, too.

EssTer
09-19-2004, 06:09 AM
:eek: WOW, he looks huge :D

delidog
09-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Merlin is Gorgeous!!!!
I hope he gets that big...if you want!!! ;)
Danes are couch potatoes....You see Many in NYC...as they are good apartment dwellers...couple walkies a day and they are happy...I however have a DaneMation....Dane/Dalmation....not good apartment dwellers!!!! Need room to move!!!
Oh and about that TAIL....Raise everything Breakable in your house UP at Least ONE FOOT or More.....It will wipe any shelf or coffee table clean.....
I'll attach a Pic of my DaneMation,Joey!!! ;)

K9soul
09-19-2004, 08:56 AM
I doubt he'll get full dane size, but he may be pretty big. In my experience, a lot of times larger dogs are more couch potatoes than smaller dogs. Can't wait to see pictures of him as he grows, he's sure a cutie :)

lute
09-19-2004, 09:40 AM
i highly doubt he'll get as bif as a dane,but he won't be an average size dog probably. its not a bad thing to have dane mixed in yer puppy. gread danes are my favorite breed! :D

GraciesMommy
09-19-2004, 09:47 AM
My goodness! He is a gorgeous dog, no matter how big he gets!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/pamelagraves/ATT77714.gif

senorita02
09-19-2004, 12:21 PM
ooooh he is GORGEOUS! I love Great Danes, i love how big they get.

delidog
09-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Gorgeous Merlin!!!!!!