PDA

View Full Version : just a rant...

Amber
09-18-2004, 12:24 PM
ignore it, if you don't wanna read it.

My friend just called asking if I could take her dwarf rabbit Smudge. I've wrote about him in pet general.

I'm not sure why she wants to get rid of him, he's such a sweet bunny. I asked my parents if we could take him in, and they said no. I asked for a reason, and my dad said...

1. There Stinky
2. They have to live outside
3. The dogs would kill it
4. No room
5. and simply no

I told him that those reasons were stupid and very unfair. I told him there not stinky, you have to keep the cage clean, duh. They DO NOT have to live outside. This is a house rabbit. Then he went on saying their no such thing as a house rabbit, but then my mom told him there was so. The dogs would NEVER kill it, they wouldn't even be with it. Like im going to let it run out of its cage when the dogs are out? are you serious? And we so have room. I have the perfect spot for the cage in my room, and I could let in run around in my room and stuff.

Then my moms reason really made me upset...

She said we were absolutly DONE with animals. no more pets...:( That just broke me, saying to a animal lover that were never getting another animal? don't say that to me.

I've always wanted a rabbit, i know how to care for them, i've done my research. I remember looking on rabbitsociety, at the rabbits for adoption. I later just gave up on them, because my parents would never go for it, and today was my one time.

sorry...stupid & pointless rant...i'm just fed up with my parents.

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Amber,

I'm sorry you parents have said this :( it's so hard to live with someone who tells you that you can't have something that you love, it's hard. I know you would make the BEST Bunny owner!!

My mom said the same thing when I went and asked her to get me a bunny! LOL. But, eventually my parents split, I moved in with my dad now we have 2 wonderful bunny boys and 2 foster buns who we love. My mom even apoligized to me telling me that Julian is NOTHING like the bunnies she had when she grew up and that he has really changed her mind.

About Smuge though - Can you get him out of there, maybe keep him for a day or two? I have someone who might take him. Another option - Do you think Smudge's owner would mind if the bun went to a reacue? Could you work on her with the idea? I need to ask my dad, but we might even be able to foster him and find him a home. If I can't there is someone in Ohio who I think can take them, she owns a reacue and is a wonderful lady. I just want to help the bunny though.

Ashley

Amber
09-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I know what you mean.

I could ask my parents about it. I think they could let the bunny stay for awhile until a rescue is found. Or who knows.

There not home right now, they went to Lima. I'll talk to them about it when they get home.

I really hope he finds the best home. I love this little guy to peices, I want the best for him as much as you do.

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2004, 12:43 PM
I know you do Amber! I could tell by your past 2 post.

I have a friend, her name is Theresa, I've met her in person and she is SO wonderful. She reascues bunnies herself in her home. Recently one of her bunnies have left to a new, good home, and she *might* be willing to take in Smudge. She lives in Akron, Ohio and leave 1 hour 45 mins away from you. I have to wait to hear from her, but she might be willing to drive and pick up Smudge from you, if you are willing to take smudge and give him to her.

Ashley

Amber
09-18-2004, 12:49 PM
really? that would be very, very nice of her to do that, if we can.

I'll talk to my parents about it tonight, and see what they say about it.

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Amber
really? that would be very, very nice of her to do that, if we can.

I'll talk to my parents about it tonight, and see what they say about it.

Really! I'm waiting to hear back from her. I hope she can do it. :)

This way you will also get updates on how Smudge is doing! :)

I'll let you know when I hear something!

Ashley

Amber
09-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks Ashley :)