PDA

View Full Version : Uppie-date on Sophie

lizzielou742
09-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Sophie is home from the white coats after her spay! The vets said everything went just fine. When they brought her out to me in her carrier this morning, she was growling - she really hates the white coats! The whole way home in the car, she was squeaking and scratching, trying to get out. At red lights, I'd stick my finger through the bars so she could smell it, and she kept grabbing it with her little paw and not letting go!!! :) As soon as I got her home and out of the carrier, she was purring and rubbing all over me. :) But, because of her growling, the vet told me to keep Sophie and Tito separated for a while to avoid a fight. Well, neither of them were having that! Tito meowed his head off and they both played pawsies under the door until I opened it. They sniffed each other, and then proceeded to give each other full baths! :) She's currently in my bedroom, alone, having a bite to eat. She's got her favorite bed, a clean litterbox, and her kitty window seat all to herself (and Tito can't stand it)! She keeps licking her little shaved belly, where her sutures are - we go back in 2 weeks to have them taken out and get a checkup. And she's also microchipped now! :D So everything went great. :D :D :D

catcrazylady
09-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Great news Lizzie!! I'm glad all went well at the white coats and the surgery is now over and done with!!
How Sweet Tito is to love and welcome Sophie back home!:) :)
I bet you're relieved to have it all over with.

K & L
09-18-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm glad to hear all is well. Jewel and Laila did the growling thing afterwards also. Jewel even growled a bit when we took her to the no-kill shelter and I was afraid they wouldn't take her in because of it. Anyway, it's good to hear Sophie is home with her family.

sirrahned
09-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Glad all went well!!

jazzcat
09-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Glad she is back home and everything is fine. How absolutely sweet that Tito couldn't stand to be seperated from her.

Barbara
09-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Great to hear Sophie is back and doing fine- when they give each other a bath they will soon smell the same again:)

christa
09-18-2004, 06:02 PM
Liz: So glad that sweet little Sophie made it back from the white coats . . . poor girl! She'll deserve extra special attention for the next few days! And like I said before, don't be suprised if she pulls those stitches out herself!

kimlovescats
09-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Welcome Home, Sophie! So glad to hear everything went well!;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Glad it went well and she is back home where she belongs!

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Hay Sophie, take it easy for the next few days girl! Even if you feel like romping and playing, you still need to take it easy..(But we know you are still a playful kitten and that will be hard)

Glad everything went so well for you little one!

catmandu
09-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Sophie,like the Found Cats,hates the Vet Visit! The only Good Thing,is the Relief,when they get,to go home,and eat The Sample Packs,taht My Vet Dr Humble,of stoney Creek,always gives them,for being Good Cats!

lizzielou742
09-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Oh she got plenty of treats when she came home - a chicken-flavored Temptation AND two of her favorite treats - the "Pit'r Pat" cat breath fresheners!! She loves them!! They come in a pink box and are shaped like little tiny fish. I don't feel quite so bad giving her two of those, because they're pretty small. She goes nuts for them!

The only thing so far that surprised me about the spay was the location of her scar. It's like right in the middle of her belly. I guess I expected it to be more like where a human's would be for a c-section - you know what I mean? Further south, I guess you could say? Here's where her scar is:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p17e4c8a96800d251e49ac1989c178d38/f6f58d7b.jpg

That's normal, right? I'm so paranoid!!!