PDA

View Full Version : It's a caring community we have here!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-18-2004, 05:43 AM
Reading all the posts and updates about the recent storms and emergancies in Florida and other parts of the USA has made me realise what a great caring community we have here at Pet Talk.

I never used to pay much attention to what was going on (especially weather-wise) in other parts of the world. Now when I see reports of storms, or ANY other trouble, I immediately think of my PT friends in that area, and say a quick prayer that they are all safe.

Similarly, when there was the recent hostage situation in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, the first emails and messages of concern I recieved were all from my fellow PT'ers.

When I became an Auntie, I just HAD to tell all of you about it, and I am enjoying all the new PT babies along with everyone else.

When I had a really bad birthday last week, I logged on and was cheered up by all the great birthday wishes I received!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone, for sharing their lives with us here, and being such special friends to me!!

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 07:06 AM
Ally Cats mommy is right. Through being concerned with all of the hurricanes in Florida, being cocerned about PTers in those areas And if anyone has a personal problem or in my case, a serious operation, Pet Talk people really are the MOST caring people in the world. True, there is a lot of kidding around, but PTers will really listen and try to comfort the person in need. That's why I'm glad to be part of PT!!

RobiLee
09-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Such a heartwarming post. I loved reading it. You said it all so well.

I would also like to add my thanks to such a warm and loving group.

Thank You.......Robin :)

anna_66
09-18-2004, 07:24 AM
Oh do I ever know how you feel.

Since the loss of my big sweet Angus boy, I have gotten so many wonderful pm's and cards & gifts. I couldn't ask for a better group of friends than the ones I have here:)

Thank you all so much!

Cookiebaker
09-18-2004, 08:26 AM
I totally agree with this. :)

I know that sometimes we are plagued with differences and trolls, but really the essence of pettalk is always intact! :)

DogLover9501
09-18-2004, 08:38 AM
I too, Agree! This place is the best :)

We all have spoiled rotten pets, and we do things that other people would think is crazy(give our pets birthday parties..etc), but PTers always understand ;)

And PTers also understand even when it's not pet related!

I love PT--And I love you all!

I too would like to say Thank You!

sirrahbed
09-18-2004, 09:45 AM
You said it well Julie! There is NO "live local" friend I have that I run to like I do to my PT friends!! This is where I go when I am sad, when I am excited or just want my friends! (we even argue and fight like family sometimes :p but always come back together.) It IS a very caring place and I am so thankful for PT! Wonderful idea for a thread, Julie!! (((HUGS)))

gini
09-18-2004, 11:34 AM
I could not agree more. A really good example of our caring is Willie. She has shared her entire family of pets and humans. We have watched Mario eat his blueberries, and worried about her daughter right along with her. She has had a kind word for all of us - always positive and helpful.

So when Willie disappears for a few days we are worried about her too. I was relieved when she checked in.

And when one of us loses their beloved pet - every single one of us gets that gawdawful feeling in the pit of our stomachs.......because we KNOW!

When I read about the Findlay Park gatherings I was frankly jealous - they all get to actually meet each other.

That is what gave me the original idea to have a Calif. BBQ - and the rest is history. I count myself so very lucky!

slick
09-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Hmmmm...here I sit in my PJ's still (10am) :eek: and wondering how to respond to this thread. The weather is outside is cold, dark, windy and rainy and all I need to do is curl up with my furbabies and browse Pet Talk to make me feel better.

To be honest, when I joined PT 2 1/2 years ago I never thought it would turn out to be such a big part of my life. The friends I've met through PT mean more to me than acquaintances who live a block away. Sure I've had my feelings hurt and get mad at some threads, but I just can't leave it alone. I've tried to take a break but I always end up lurking anyway. I care so much for everyone on this board. I may not respond to all the threads, but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of you. I could write a book about all the Pet Talk dreams I've had. :)

What I've really noticed is that Pet Talkers care about the pets AND the people and I wouldn't want it any other way. Thank you Karen and Paul for bringing Pet Talk into our lives and thank you Pet Talkers for sharing yourselves with me.

luv
slick
xo

PS There is only one thing I would change. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to some of you on the phone. Email is good, but sometimes just doesn't cut it. I just wish the LD phone costs weren't so high.

trayi52
09-18-2004, 12:13 PM
I just want to say thanks to Pet Talk for caring about all of us in your lives!

This is the greatest place to be, with the greatest people and the greatest pets!

Willie

tatsxxx11
09-18-2004, 12:40 PM
And you Julie, are one of the reasons this forum is the special place that it is! What a sweet and caring post:)

Killearn Kitties
09-18-2004, 01:10 PM
What a lovely idea for a thread. Every word you said is true. PT is a wonderful community.

It would never have occured to me to join a chat forum for its own sake (well you hear such scarey stories about people who meet on the internet ;) ). I always used to check Cat of the Day, but never looked at PT until my mum's cat was featured. We were just so excited by all the lovely messages he got from all over the place and I started to think about joining then, so that I could share pictures of my own cats. At no time did I think that it would become so important to me, or that I would come to care so much for the pets and people here. Now, there are just so many people here I would love to meet!

My only regret is that it is such a busy board, that it is totally impossible for me to read all the threads, so there must be loads of people that I don't know as well as I could. Then again, that could be a good thing. Just think of all those people I still might come to know! :)

Pam
09-18-2004, 01:33 PM
This is a very caring community indeed! In fact, I think it is the love, and not just the pets, that keeps most of us coming back. I have been here four years and am always amazed at how new members quickly become part of Pet Talk and just blend right in. It is like a great big circle of folks holding hands all around the world. :) I ran across this link today and wanted to share it. It seems to describe what we have all come to know as the awesome bunch of people on this board that we affectionately call Pet Talkers.
http://members.aol.com/CuttyhunkRose/geese.html

Karen
09-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks to all of you for making this the community it is! It is true that we all are now even more connected to the global community through each other, and that's so cool! ;)

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 04:21 PM
This website is great when you can gab with your best friend across the country or halfway around the world!