PDA

View Full Version : I am soooooooooo dumb!

stacwase
09-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Max is velcro dog. He's almost always within 10 feet or so of me, and definitely within hearing distance. So today, when he didn't follow me out to the car I got very worried. He never, ever, ever misses a car ride.

I came back inside and shouted for him. I yelled "Car ride, Max!" and he didn't come.

I went outside and yelled for him forever. My voice was echoing everywhere.

Then I went and checked with all the neighbors and called the shelter. I thought he must have gone out when my son opened the door to catch the school bus.

Finally I decided he must have wound up on Big Dumb Jerk's property (the guy who threatened to shoot him). Big Dumb Jerk has huge "NO TRESPASSING" signs all over everywhere. He's had a lot of people arrested for going on his property.

I thought Max must have gone over there and maybe got caught in some sort of trap, though, so I crossed the line. I only went about a half mile, though, before I got too scared and came home.

I had everything I was going to say to Big Dumb Jerk all planned out. Next time he came to pick on me I was going to meet him with the double-barrel 12-gauge and say "You dog murdering SOB! Where is my dog? What did you do to him?"

When my son came home, he snuck over the property line to look for Max, too. No luck.

I was getting ready to phone Big Dumb Jerk and threaten his life when my son went upstairs, and then Max came crashing down the stairs. I had locked him in my room all day and, rather than barking to let me know where he was, he just decided to spend the day in luxury on my bed.

Silly me.

lute
09-17-2004, 03:40 PM
LOL! that's funny. i've done that with beanie before.:D

molucass
09-17-2004, 03:52 PM
LOL!

My dogs would have definitely let me know that I had locked them in there... They would have been barking their heads off!

KYS
09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
I guess you had a senior moment. :D

I bet you can laugh about it now.

Pam
09-17-2004, 04:34 PM
HaHa! I thought early on that he might have been locked in a room. The only reason I say that is that I have done that with the cats. They make very little noise when I accidentally lock them in so sometimes they don't get discovered right away. Thankfully they have always been able to "hold it" until they can get to their litter boxes. :o Actually I haven't done it that often myself, but other family members have done it as well. :rolleyes: The dogs certainly would have let me know.....especially Ripley! LOL!

Cincy'sMom
09-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I've done it with Cincy. Twice in one week actually! First I shut her in the basement, then I shut her in my old bedroom at my mom's Silly girl doesn't make any noise, just stares at the door til it opens!!

Glad you found Max safe and sound!!

Rio and Me
09-17-2004, 06:01 PM
That would have given me a heart attack,lol.
Rio is allways locking herself in the bathroom, and she just sit's in there untill i find her,lol

Ky

micki76
09-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Silly girl doesn't make any noise, just stares at the door til it opens!!

That's what Chester does, too. :rolleyes:

I've locked him in the garage, master bedroom closet, and the laundry room. I panic every single time, especially if I've been in and out of the house just before I realize he's gone missing. :o

I'm glad Max was safe & sound!

ComedyDevil
09-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Toby would probably just curl up and go to sleep until I came back for him. Ollie would bark, and whine, and bark some more, then when I let him out he would jump on me like he hadn't seen me for a month :p

Squid would just chew his way out. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you found Max ok :)

Twisterdog
09-17-2004, 08:11 PM
I sometimes forget about Lacie and lock her in a room. She is small, black, quiet and deaf.

She, however, lets me know in no uncertain terms that she has been locked in. She tries to bark and howl, sounding instead like a stangling chicken. Then she chews and digs up the carpet. :rolleyes:

LorraineO
09-17-2004, 08:24 PM
thats some funny,, you had a blonde moment.... :D

stacwase
09-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Yeah - but you guys, it wasn't a blonde "moment" or a senior "moment" - it was at least SEVEN HOURS!

And that poor guy with the camp next door - man, I was going to string him up!

RobiLee
09-18-2004, 06:10 AM
I'm sorry but I did have to chuckle just a bit. I know you were probably in a state of panic about it at the time though. I'm just glad that Max is safe and sound.

Robin :)