PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody use some RAIN?

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Right now in Pittsburgh it is pouring! Flood watches are up until 4:00 tommorrow! What's left of Ivan is stalled over the Pitsburgh area. We don't NEED all of this RAIN!

Dogz
09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Nope, no rain here, please!

I think that Minnesota has gotten enough rain this year! It has been such a cold summer.

I am happy to say that right now, the sun is actually shining, and it is up to 70 degrees. It is about time! ;)

Kfamr
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM
I think it's time for others to get the rain. Florida doesn't need any.. we're only so far above sea level ya know.

BCBlondie
09-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Don't need rain here either!! It's always raining here already. :(

davidpizzica
09-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I think it's time for others to get the rain. Florida doesn't need any.. we're only so far above sea level ya know. You're so right! Florida has had enough of everything! I'm glad Pittsburgh can take
away some of this rain from you!

Mil0Luv3r
09-17-2004, 02:48 PM
over 100 people died here in Florida from Hurricane Ivan!

chocolatepuppy
09-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Right now I'm waiting for my basement to flood.Two summers now of rain:mad:So many people around here have been flooded out these two summers, it's like the norm now! I'm sure the river will reach flood stage or flood again.I'm 1/2 a mile from the river but I'm not in a flood plain,thank goodness.

Pam
09-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Actually we could use a little and will be getting it in about an hour or so, compliments of Ivan, but I would prefer to get it under different circumstances. Initially they thought it would be a rainy day today, tomorrow and possibly Sunday but it looks like Ivan will be outta here by tomorrow morning. GOODBYE IVAN AND GO AWAY JEANNE!

RedHedd
09-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Send some over here to CA. We sure could use a few drops.

Sweet Sixy
09-17-2004, 05:27 PM
All it has done in this part of NY is rain all summer. Everything is flooded since there is nowhere for it to go. And actually, I should say "summer" becuase we didn't get a summer at all here!

Tonya
09-17-2004, 05:59 PM
I love rain! It hasn't rained in months here. It is still in the 90's. Send some rain this way!

aly
09-17-2004, 06:13 PM
We could use some rain here in Texas. It is HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT and sunny!

I hope the hurricanes stop. I feel bad for everyone who was affected :(

chocolatepuppy
09-17-2004, 07:03 PM
All of you that want rain: I'd love to send ya some, maybe a couple million gallons that my poor sump pump has pumped starting last summer. ha ha In fact the next time the power goes off and we have to bail come on over :D All joking aside, isn't it so weird how some us are swamped (literally, I have lakeside property once again) and some of us need rain?

tomkatzid
09-17-2004, 07:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this is Seattle, we will have more than enough. We had to stop working outside today befcause of the rain. Just replacing a little roof between the garage and the fence, but too wet for me.
Katz

smokey the elder
09-18-2004, 07:58 AM
No thanks, already have some (and some more, and some more...)

davidpizzica
09-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Yesterday, we broke the one day record for rain in Pittsburgh. over 5 inches of rain fell. There was widespread flooding, power outages, places where the flood waters were 10 feet deep on the streets.We are not used to having all this rain dumped on us at one time!

MariaM
09-18-2004, 09:57 AM
No, we've been having WAY too many rainy days this summer/fall!

lovemyshiba
09-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Nope, I'm in PA too, and we had our share yesterday too.

K & L
09-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Send some Az way! We're in a huge drought, it's still in the 108's, and we could sure use it!:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I would love some rain here. Our rainy season is coming up soon (usually rains 4 or 5 times during October.) Average annual rainfall here is only 132 mm!

I MISS the rain - don't you love that fresh rainy smell when the first rains of the season come. Then for a few days everything here is green and pretty, before it gets covered in dust again!!!

BUT I DO sympathise with you all who are have too much rain - hope you and your properties remain safe!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by david p
Yesterday, we broke the one day record for rain in Pittsburgh. over 5 inches of rain fell.

Our ANNUAL average is 5.2":eek:

Uabassoon
09-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Send the rain over here! Arizona can really use some more rain. I think it may have rained a little bit early this morning because I remember hearing thunder but I'm not totally sure, it's also much cooler than normal right now. It's 78 out which is very nice and cool. So we could use a little more rain so that the temp stays nice. Yesterday it was 100 out and it was just miserable.

Uabassoon
09-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Send some Az way! We're in a huge drought, it's still in the 108's, and we could sure use it!:)

I'm glad I'm not in Pheonix! Tucson is slightly better it's been at around 100 the last few days since we are usually a few degrees cooler.

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2004, 11:47 AM
David - Last night Williamsport was on "Flood watch" HA HA! All the streets were flooded with at LEAST 1 or 2 inches of water!! To top that off a water line broke and water was shutting up outta the road!! It was neat, but bad! Alot of places around here are under water. One my dad's stores are in 3 foot of water :eek:

Ash

slick
09-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey, come on up here. Our rainy season has started and it won't stop until after Christmas, or when we get snow, which is not that often anymore, so NO David, you can keep it. Thanks for the offer though. ;)

tomkatzid
09-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Don't talk about rain......... I am getting dressed to go out and paint. Yesterday we had to stop work because of a down pour.
Katz

popcornbird
09-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BCBlondie
Don't need rain here either!! It's always raining here already. :(

:eek:

Are you kidding? :p We NEED rain, in California. It hasn't rained for months!

Don't listen to BCBlondie. Send the rain our way. ;)

slleipnir
09-18-2004, 02:52 PM
We have plenty of rain here too XD Not as much as you guys are getting probably, but enough.

dukedogsmom
09-18-2004, 02:54 PM
We saw the sunshine for the first time yesterday in about 3 or 4 weeks. It's your turn for the rain for a while.

Aspen and Misty
09-18-2004, 03:20 PM
The sun is shinning here to. It's REALLY cold outside, I think winter is coming ::grabes blanket and starts a fire::

Ash

Kfamr
09-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Sun is shining here too! :cool: Planning on going to the beach for sunset. :D

Uabassoon
09-19-2004, 04:09 AM
Ok, so when I told you to send some rain I didn't mean to flood us! Today both me and my manager were late to work because we were flooded in. Actually, the rain was really nice. After it finished raining the weather was very nice and cool, I hope it stays cool tomorrow.

Lillycat
09-19-2004, 04:42 AM
david, pls order about 1" of rain for eastern cincinnati 2 x's a week.......so i dont have to go out and water alllllll the stuff i have outside.......i dont have time to water right now.....thanks!

davidpizzica
09-19-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Ok, so when I told you to send some rain I didn't mean to flood us! Today both me and my manager were late to work because we were flooded in. Actually, the rain was really nice. After it finished raining the weather was very nice and cool, I hope it stays cool tomorrow. Uabassoon, I meant to give you SOME rain! I'm sorry I overdid it!

Corinna
09-19-2004, 07:44 AM
We sure don't need it here this is the greenest Sept. on record. I guess it soon will be snow so I guess I should be happy its rain.