PDA

View Full Version : Spence threw up really bad

purrley
10-26-2001, 08:35 AM
I know we've discussed certain types of cleaning agents to remove pet stains but I could sure used some advice on what you all have used. Spence threw up his breakfast yesterday morning at the top of my stairs. The meal was Fancy Feast Salmon and its just made a terrible, terrible stain. I used Resolve and 409, scrubbed and scrubbed and I thought it looked pretty good, until the morning and its just turned into a great big brown stain on my white carpet. Any suggestions???

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Edwina's Secretary
10-26-2001, 09:43 AM
I've mentioned before...Wineaway. It is intended for wine stains (on which it does a super job -- even red wine) but seems to work well on any organic stain such as cat body fluids. It's available in catelogs and some wine stores. I've seen it at World Cost Plus in the wine section.

purrley
10-26-2001, 09:49 AM
Thank you for this suggestion - I'll try and track down some of this stuff - we don't have the store you mentioned here in Utah and you can't buy wine in stores here. You have to go to a Liquor Store to get wine - don't know if the Liquor Stores would carry this but I'll find out.

thelmalu99
10-26-2001, 10:11 AM
Purrley, I found it on the Internet. Two bottles for 20 bucks. Not bad at all.
http://www.thebarrelcellar.com/gadgetsd.htm

Edwina's Sec-Thanks for mentioning that again, I must have missed it the first time. Sounds like something I should have around the house, LOL.
As a matter of fact, the other day I was talking to my Mom and she asked me if I knew of any good products for removing red wine stains. I'm going to get her a bottle.
Thanks again!

Edwina's Secretary
10-26-2001, 10:31 AM
I have pale yellow carpet. The stuff works. And normally sells for $10 a bottle in the store (got some on sale last week for $5!) Seriously I use it for any stubborn spills.

purrley
10-26-2001, 10:48 AM
ThelmaLu- Thanks so much I called and ordered some.

NoahsMommy
10-26-2001, 03:21 PM
We get "Hot Spot" cleaner. It gets out EVERYTHING!! Even bunny pee...

It is a dark blue can with an orange top...it works really great!

wolflady
10-26-2001, 06:47 PM
Thanks for posting the idea about Wine Away! I never even thought of trying that on our "cat stains". I've been using Stain Away from Drs. Foster & Smith and it seems to work well...if you catch the stain right away...however, I have this one stain from when marius was really sick that refuses to come out! :rolleyes: I might have to try some of that Wine Away! I see it in all the winerys out here everytime I go wine tasting!:-)
Good luck getting the stain out Purrley!!

4 feline house
10-26-2001, 06:53 PM
Hydrogen peroxide can be very useful. Also, I know you have alot of trouble feeding your little toothless guy, but if it's possible you might want to switch foods. Believe it or not, alot of the foods, especially the grocery store varieties, put dyes in their foods, which can then, of course, stain the carpet. As much as cats barf, I can't imagine why they do this, but they do.

purrley
10-29-2001, 09:33 AM
4 feline - thank you for the advice. Yes I have a real problem feeding my toothless Spencer - he has to eat wet food - he won't eat the dried, even if I moisten it up a bit and he won't eat any of the Iams or Science Diet wet food - he just loves Whiska's products and yes, they have dye in them alright - I just kinda bite the bullet and clean up as good as I can after each vomit problem and I know that after Spence is gone I'll have to replace the carpet. Until then I'll just live with it :(

4 feline house
10-29-2001, 07:45 PM
What a furmom you are! Try the peroxide, professional carpet cleaners use it, and my mom had good luck when I suggested it to her several years ago.

purrley
11-02-2001, 07:45 AM
I received 2 bottles of Wineaway in the mail yesterday - used it - it did the best job anything has so far and it made my house smell really lemoney. Nice!!! Thanks for the suggestions and I think this will do as good as anything will.

wolflady
11-02-2001, 11:44 AM
purrley, great news!!! Do you think wine away would work on a really old set in stain?? I might have to make a visit to one of my local winerys here and pick up a bottle :D Hey, it's an excuse to go wine tasting anyway! LOL LOL :D :D

purrley
11-02-2001, 11:49 AM
Wolflady - yes I used it on one of my old stains and it worked really well. It doesn't take it out completely, but it lightens it up quite a lot so it's not so noticeable :)