PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I Have a New Job!

Sevens
09-17-2004, 06:18 AM
I wanted to share some good news with everybody. I was hired for a new job yesterday! I work as a credentialer. We basically do detailed background checks on doctors (check work history, license history, malpractice history, professional references, etc) so that hospitals and managed care companies can decide if the doctor is good enough to work at the hospital or see the managed care company's patients.

I've been doing this type of work for the last ten years. Also I have a certification to do this, which not everybody has.

Anyway, my current boss is leaving our job and I should've been next in line cause of my knowledge and experience. Instead, the head boss decided to hire another girl in our department cause she is friends with her outside of work and the girl is 40 (I'm 27). The girl only has 1 year experience in credentialing and no certification. The head boss lady made a comment about it's a good thing that I am there, cause I can help this girl with my "extensive knowledge." Puh-leeze, I trained this girl!

I decided that all this was too much, so I applied for a job at one of the hospitals here! I just found out yesterday that I got it, I am going to be doing credentialing for them. I am so happy! It should be interesting, because hospitals are the one place I haven't worked yet.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I hope everybody is having a great day!

:D

Logan
09-17-2004, 08:48 AM
Congratulations!!!!!! :D I hope you will be very happy in your new position.

Logan

Kiia
09-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Good for you! :cool: Congrats on your new job!!

Good luck! You'll do great!

lizbud
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Congratulations on your new job.:) I'm so glad you didn't
let the previous disappointment get you down. Good luck in
the new job.