PDA

View Full Version : Sister is fine!!

Laura's Babies
09-16-2004, 10:03 PM
She called, they went to Dothan, Alabama to get out of the main storm. They are held up in a hotel there and planning to try to get back to Pensacola tomorrow. Their house has been checked and all they lost was a few shingles but there are other areas of town that were hit really hard. She said Fred (Orangie young kitty boy)and Kitty Boo (my Moms faithful companion until her death in 99)are adapting to being in the hotel and Kiki the poodle is happy just to be with them no matter where they are.

She has 1 grandson that is missing and last heard from at 3 am in the middle of the storm, screaming and crying that a tornado was coming over the phone to his mother who lives in Tampa and the phone went dead and not heard from since. His mother is on her way from Tampa now to try to find her only son. They are going back to try to find him. Please say a prayer for Jeramie that he is ok, he is about 20 years old and a very handsome young man. A tornado DID hit the area he was in so this is not a joke!

nibblets
09-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Jeramie is absolutely in my prayers. I pray he found shelter and is only unable to communicate with you all due to downed phone services.

kimlovescats
09-16-2004, 10:36 PM
I was so relieved to hear of your sister's safety, and now I am praying that Jeramie is safe as well. Please let us know just as soon as you hear something. He probably just couldn't get the phone lines to work after that call!!!

Laura's Babies
09-16-2004, 11:31 PM
I hope it is only a communications thing and soon as I know, you will know but needless to say, we are all worried to death.. I know his Mom and Grandma panic real easy but the fact that there was a tornado in that area is what has ME alarmed. But now, there is no Mom or Grandma waiting by the phone where he KNOWS to call so no way for him to get word to anyone if he is alright. If they are out searching for him, how will he contact anybody? I have learned NOW, what we need to do from now on should this ever happen again! PLAN communications in advance, one source, out of harms way for everyone to contact for information on our loved ones. ONE call could have solved all this worry if we had planned ahead and KNOWN where everyone was going.

Corinna
09-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Prayers of thanks and concern going out your way.
Any one heard from Kay or Any of the other PTers in the way of Ivan?

jazzcat
09-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Prayers on the way that he is safe and sound.

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-17-2004, 01:33 AM
You know where our hearts are, my dear friend. I have already prayed and asked God to please this young man. I am so glad that sister is okay. We will just have to trust God that he is okay and that it is only the phone lines etc being down and soon will know where he is and that he is fine. I will continue until we hear he is okay.

catcrazylady
09-17-2004, 07:36 AM
I'm so glad your sister is ok but what a scare to not know about Jeramie. Please know that we are praying that he is ok. I'm sure that the lack of communications is what is keeping him from contacting anyone. Please keep us posted Laura.

catmandu
09-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Jeramie,is in the Prayers,of the Found Cats,Too,andwe pray,taht none,of ypur Family,was hurt,by this awful weather!

leslie
09-17-2004, 11:44 PM
I am so glad you are ok and as it turns out so is your sister. Is Jeramie her grandson (you are not old enough to have a 20 year old grandson!) Anyway- I do hope he is found soon! Yes, it's good to make a plan, one phone number that is safe and will convey all messages in a disaster! good idea!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-18-2004, 05:36 AM
I'm so glad your sister is safe. Saying prayers that Jeramie gets in touch with the family soon.