PDA

View Full Version : Hiding in the fridge

PJ's Mom
09-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Today, while I was making dinner, I opened the fridge and Bailey tried to climb in. :rolleyes: Turns out my daughter was using a hole puncher on some of her school papers and Bailey freaked out, as usual. Rotie had to come downstairs and hold her for half an hour to calm her down.

She's afraid of the hole puncher, the paper cutter, the printer, automatic car washes, running bath water, people slamming things and raising their voices, etc. Whenever she gets scared, she'll either try to hide somewhere (like the fridge) or climb into my lap. She's only a mama's girl when she's afraid. Because she's a former shelter girl, I don't know what she went through in her life to make her so jumpy but she is. *sigh*

What are your babies afraid of and how do they act when they're afraid?

KYS
09-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Poor Baily!
Well he is not a dummy! At least he picked
a place with food in it. :)

Sheba and Rocky are scared of loud noises.
Like gun fire, fireworks etc.
I had a dog once who use to hide in the closets
when she heard fireworks.

pitc9
09-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Both are afriad when voices get raised.

Sierra is afraid of plastic bags, the broom, and the riding lawn mower. She hides down the basement.

Buddy is afraid when people making quick movements, thunder, and anything and everything my husband does:o
He either hides in his crate down the basement, or he jumps on top of me (ouch... having 90 lbs of dog land on top of you when you're sleeping... that hurts!!!)

Pam
09-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Bella is a little afraid of other dogs when they bark at her. As a matter of fact, see thread here that I started yesterday: :)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58823

When my daughter lived at her last house there were two little scotties (she towers over them) who lived next door and they would bark at her as we'd come up the driveway and her tail would go down. :rolleyes:

Ripley doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. I don't think he has ever seen himself in a mirror because he acts like he is 100 lbs. :p

Christiansmommy
09-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Afraid of things!! Dale is the king!! For being a large dog, he is afraid of a ton of stuff. Empty milk jugs, Christian's Sponge Bob chair, all of Christian's toys that move, he barks at the grill, plastic bags that make that crinkly noise, anything that is out of place...like a broom in the hallway, that should be in the closet, but alot of this is part of his breed's nature...but sometimes i think Dale is too the extreme!! lol, unfortunatly, when he gets afraid, he doesnt look where he is running and just goes...even if it means knocking over whatever is in his way, including humans...

I once had him leashed to a table in my other house, b/c i was washing the floors in the kitchen, and i didnt want him to walk on it until it dried, well, something fell down in the living room and it scared him to death...he dragged my end table that he was attached to, into the center of the room...he was probably only like 6 or 8 months at the time too!! It was really funny, though, i must admit !!

He is my big silly goof!!! :)

pitc9
09-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Oh Dale... your one silly boy!!!!:D

lute
09-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Beanie is scared os other dogs,but only sometimes. he's scared of quick movements,water,loud noises.

when hes scared he just slumps down tucks his tail under and hides under the couch or in my brother's closet.

Rachel
09-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Tucker is the scardy dog in our house. If there is something in the house that is placed in a position it where it was not before, he will bark at it. Hannah handles fear by not acknowledging it. She just looks in the other direction.

That said, if push came to shove, Tucker would be the one to step up to the plate to protect me, afraid or not.

LorraineO
09-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Lucy isnt too thrilled with the vacum,, yet even as a puppy,, I would ignore her and go about my job,,, I hoped she would get used to it,,,,, never has,, she just scampers out of its way and hides under the computer desk.

PJ's Mom
09-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Lol @ Dale. :D He sounds very cute! :D

I'm glad Bailey isn't the only scaredy cat around. I wish I knew what made her so afraid of office supplies. :rolleyes: :D

Pam
09-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Lol @ Dale. :D He sounds very cute! :D

I'm glad Bailey isn't the only scaredy cat around. I wish I knew what made her so afraid of office supplies. :rolleyes: :D

Maybe the fear of having to go to work in an office! LOL! Take it from me, they can be scary places! LOL!

Rachel, Tucker has won my heart once again. **Swoon** Your hero, and that makes him mine as well, I gotta love that boy! ;)

LorraineO, Ripley isn't very fond of the vacuum cleaner either, however he is definitely not afraid of it. He races up to the light and tries to intimidate it with his teeth (the evil noisy monster...the vacuum, not Ripley) and barking! LOL! Bella could take a nap when I run it. She isn't phased at all.

PJ's Mom
09-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Maybe the fear of having to go to work in an office! LOL! Take it from me, they can be scary places! LOL!

That must be it since I often threaten to make her go to work to pay for all the treats and toys she has! :D

dogs_4_me
09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Emma gets scared of random things, one time she was freaked out about the garbage cans on the drive way,and people with umbrellas

Moco is scared of Motorcycles starting, deer and loud noises.

cali
09-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Misty is afraid of loud strange noises, like when the naighbores accross the ally are tossing things into their pick up truck, Misty wont go outside, she will stay at my side and wont budge, she is afraid of the flyswatter, she will bark the run and crawl into the smallest play she can fit(which is suprising small places..)

Happy is afraid of dog she does not know, and she barks , and looks like she is pulling at the end of her leash, but she actually is'nt lol she used to, but she had not actually pulled for a while now. and she hates getting groomed so much that she will run and hide at any sign of grooming, she will just dissappere lol

Ripley is afraid of the flyswatter, and he will fold his ears back and run to the nearest hiding place.

Blair well the breed is SUPPOSED to be very fearfull , so he is afraid of almost everything, and he deals by running away and barking his head off.

Perky well she is afraid of water, if it is raining, there is no way she will go outside, she will stand half in the house, and half out of the house(just under the roof) and she just stands there and stares, she does that often lol you dont know how annoying that it, when she cant make up her mind, she stands halfway inbetween :rolleyes: