PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a couple things!

DogLover9501
09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Im filling out a form to volunteer at our SPCA!

I was wondering, what is a "Contingency release form"?

And also a "Letter of Conduct"?

tatsxxx11
09-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Hmmm, not sure what the context of the questions were written in. A "contingency" is a back up, of sorts. What type of "release" are they referring to? I'm thinking it might be some sort of release from liability on their part, should you get injured volunteering?

As for the letter of conduct...You need a letter of conduct? That one has be baffled too! Help, more info. needed:D Do you have a copy of the application? You might want to give the SPCA branch your volunteering for a call. I'm sure they'd help you out:)

DogLover9501
09-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Hmmm, not sure what the context of the questions were written in. A "contingency" is a back up, of sorts. What type of "release" are they referring to? I'm thinking it might be some sort of release from liability on their part, should you get injured volunteering?

As for the letter of conduct...You need a letter of conduct? That one has be baffled too! Help, more info. needed:D Do you have a copy of the application? You might want to give the SPCA branch your volunteering for a call. I'm sure they'd help you out:)

Lol here are those 2 things, with more info ;)

"11. Before being accepted as a volunteer with the SPCA you will be asked to sign a Contingency release form. If you are under-age the form must be signed by a parent or guardian.

12. Are you prepared to provide the SPCA with a Letter of Conduct obtained from the Royal Newfoundland Royal Newfoundland Constabulary? (There is no charge for such a letter if your application states that you are volunteering with a non-profit organization.)"

wolfie
09-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Argh, I hate big words. lol. :p

The first thing sounds just like you (or your mom) have to sign a form saying you won't sue them if a dog bites you or something like that

and as for the letter of conduct, I have no idea! why don't you call the SPCA and ask them?

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-17-2004, 06:03 AM
The first one sounds like a release, so they won't be held liable for any injury if you get hurt whilst working there.

The 2nd one sounds like what we call a "Police Clearance"in South Africa. It's like a letter or certificate from your local law enforcement agency confirming that you have not been convicted of any crime. (We had to get police clearanced to get our residene permits for Bahrain and Saudi. It wasn't very nice - we had to do it through our local police station in South Africa, and we had to have fingerprints taken. Made ME feel like the criminal LOL!!) I am sure yours will be easier though!

DogLover9501
09-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Okay thanks guys :)