PDA

View Full Version : Luna's peeing problem getting bad again! :(

Kirsten
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Looks like another vet visit will be on our schedule the next days! :(

Luna has started peeing on the rugs again, in the hall as usual and - what's really bothering me - on a rug on the living room floor!! She did it twice lately, and I don't like it that she's expanding her peeing accidents on other rooms than the hall, because that means that the couch or the new corner seat could be involved, too (she has already ruined a guest bed last year and peed on the couch once).

I know that she's not doing this to annoy me, I guess it's her bladder problems acting up again (struvite crystals, bladder infection and bacteria). Poor girl, looks like she'll never get rid of it! :(

I will call the vet tomorrow for advice and will try to get a urine sample as soon as possible.

Kirsten

QueenScoopalot
09-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Poor Luna. It's not easy dealing with UTIs, or pleasant for that matter. Is she on a special diet to prevent future crystals from developing? I know it's hard to get cats to eat special foods (but the others that don't need it tend to love it :rolleyes: )...just a thought if she isn't. Hope she clears up fast from this latest set-back. ;)

Kirsten
09-16-2004, 03:45 PM
She had problems to digest the diet food so I got a paste from the vet (Uri-Pet) which is supposed to keep the pH-value of the bladder in balance (to prevent new crystals) but obviously it's not working... :(

Need to discuss this with my vet the next days... :(

Feeding an extra diet would also mean I would have to feed Luna and Lily seperated from each other forever. And this would be hardly possible because Lily never eats her food at once. :(

Kirsten

jazzcat
09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Kirsten it sounds like you and I are in the same boat up kitty urine river.:( I should have packed sandwiches!

Seriously, I'm so sorry and since you read about Ripley's proplem you know I can really relate. Although I'm certain that Ripley is just doing this out of stress from changes. Poor Luna, she's had so many urinary problems, bless her heart. I hope the vet can offer some help for her.

Hang in there and please let us know how Luna is doing.

Randi
09-16-2004, 04:17 PM
I sorry to hear Luna has problems again. :( My suggestion was going to be S/D or C/D, but you obviously tried that. It was very hard not to give Fister anything else when he had UTI, but the vet said, "Not even one or two shrimps". Well, as you know, that didn't work. He still eats C/D and likes it. :) Sometimes I let him have S/D, he prefer those because they contain more fat and probably taste better. There are also another one which you can buy from vets, but I can't remember the name right now. (it's not Prescription!)

Barbara
09-16-2004, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry about that. Filou is not 100% carpet safe (up to now all behavioral, e.g. when my mom's dog was here) and I am glad that it doesn't happen more often.

I hope so much Luna will be better:)

Felicia's Mom
09-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Sorry you are having problems.

catnapper
09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry that she's sick again. Poor little girl. Is there any kind of medicine that you can keep her in fulltime so that this problem doesn't recurr once you have it cleared up?

NoahsMommy
09-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Gosh, I'm sorry about Luna, Kirsten. :( I bet its really frustrating dealing with this when it returns so often.

Hopefully she'll get better soon. Please give her kisses from me. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Poor Luna, I'm sorry she is having her problems again. :( Sending lots of healing thoughts to her! I hope it helps. :)

jenluckenbach
09-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Kirsten, I sure hope the vet can help Luna NOT get these problems all the time. I feel that there HAS to be an answer somewhere.

As for this....

Feeding an extra diet would also mean I would have to feed Luna and Lily seperated from each other forever. And this would be hardly possible because Lily never eats her food at once
She WOULD learn! So if you really wanted to try feeding separately, the cats would adjust and it should take under 5 days and I bet they'd eat at their set time.

catcrazylady
09-17-2004, 05:48 AM
Poor Luna and poor Kirsten. It's sad when you know something is wrong with them and it's also hard work trying to keep things cleaned up behind them.
I hope your vet can maybe give you some final solution to help with the problem.
Keep us posted on her vet visit!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Poor Luna (and poor Meowmie too). I hope you get some good advice from the vet - please keep us posted.

catmandu
09-17-2004, 09:18 AM
That is a terrible thing,as you love your Cat,but if you are rental accomidations,you have to be aware,of your legal responsibilty to the property owner! We are hoping,anf prayingm,that the white Coats,can help!

jenluckenbach
09-17-2004, 02:10 PM
I just learned something about UTI and giving antibiotics. My vet said they ALWAYS give another full round of the medication AFTER a urine sample comes up clear. Maybe Luna is not being medicated long enough to make the backteria go away for good!

(see, I can learn new things every day)

Kirsten
09-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone, and thanks Jen, for sharing the news with me.

Since I wasn't able to get a urine sample before the weekend started, I got Marbocyl at the vet's today, which is what Luna got when she had her bad bladder infection in June. I'm not very comfortable with the thought to give her antibiotics without having her urine tested, but with the weekend ahead, I guess there is no other way at the moment. Her urine will be tested next week.

But today I've noticed something that confused me and made me wonder... I saw Lily (!!) sitting in something that looked almost like the peeing position on the floor, and another time on my bed (:eek: ), and when I talked to her, she did something else but then went to the box minutes later and peed. Now I'm wondering if the wet spots on the living room rug really came from Luna! I know she's always having her accidents in the hall, that's why I was so upset about the living room accidents. But what if Lily is copying Luna's misbehavior now?? I would go crazy here if both my girls would have litter box problems now!!! And since I'm never scolting Luna, Lily might think it's okay to do these things! :eek:

Kirsten

slick
09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh my gosh Kirsten, I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I knock on wood because I've never had any litterbox problems with either Max or Speckles. Hugs to you and I sure hope you find a solution soon.
Jen thanks for passing that information on. You've never too old to learn.

Kirsten
09-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Well, no further peeing accidents so far, but then again, all the rugs are on the attic for drying...

Kirsten

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Hope you make it through the weekend without any accidents!!

(((HUGS)))

Julie