PDA

View Full Version : One more time? Hurricane Jeanne

lizzielou742
09-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Can this really happen again?

Hurricane Jeanne path (http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm11/projectedpath_large.html?from=home)

Is anyone else in shock over all these hurricanes? As soon as one hits, the next one comes!! :eek: I mean, Ivan just hit last night!!

jazzcat
09-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Good grief!:(

cloverfdx
09-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Oh no not again :(.

flamepony12
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
:mad: :( oh no!!

Cincy'sMom
09-16-2004, 11:16 AM
I've become a national hurricane site junky, so I have been watching this since it was a tropical depression. Some moels are saying Florida, others are saying Carolina. Ivan's strength or loss thereof will help determine the path This one isn't as strong and could die out as it hits some of the islands.

I haven't seen anything for sure yet, but I've heard rumors that there is another depression behind Jeanne. it is going to be a tough fall for sure!

micki76
09-16-2004, 11:20 AM
This is getting scary. I hope it does die down. :(

lizzielou742
09-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I've become a national hurricane site junky, so I have been watching this since it was a tropical depression.

Me too!!

Logan
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
This morning, a guy on some station (I think it was the weather channel) said that hurricane season doesn't end until November 30! I thought it was earlier than that. I wish it were earlier than that!!!! :eek:

We have had enough!!!!!! :mad:

BitsyNaceyDog
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Logan
This morning, a guy on some station (I think it was the weather channel) said that hurricane season doesn't end until November 30! I thought it was earlier than that. I wish it were earlier than that!!!! :eek:

I'm positive that the hurricane season ends Nov. 1.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I think I'm wrong, it does look to be Nov. 30.:eek:

Cincy'sMom
09-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Jeanne is back to a Tropical storm...for now. And I knwo the 5 day track isn't very accurate but as of 11 am today they cahnged it from hitting SC to a total left hook and nailing Florida again! turn off the magnets guys!!!

I don't mean to joke, but seriously it is unreal. And now Karl is brewing out there too, although it looks right now like he will stay further from land.

Kfamr
09-17-2004, 11:15 AM
And they're saying that seasons like this are going to be for another 20 years or so.

slleipnir
09-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Geez O_O

Fox-Gal
09-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Logan

Yeah it doesn't end till Nov. When the weather cools off and cools the water down. But if for some reason the weather stays hot, then it can be even longer. :eek:

I have seen on the news that Jeanne is said to miss Florida, but there's that chance that it will hit us again because of some front that's not moving right above us.

I have had it with hurricans, it's changed me. I was never a weather person before and now the news and weather station are my two most watched shows. :rolleyes: There's a part of me that doens't want to watch or really know, but I can't seem to stop myself from turning the station just to see again.

I haven't even got my place fix from the last two and now maybe again one.

I feel like we are running around with a big bulls eye on our back that say " Hit me here again". ;)

Cincy'sMom
09-17-2004, 05:50 PM
What a differnce a few hours makes...11sm this morning, Jeanne was going to hit NE Florida...now she is a depression, and is going to head East. I know it all changes constantly, maybe maybe the FLorida luck is finally changing. Go East Young girl!!!