PDA

View Full Version : ALL is well here!

Laura's Babies
09-16-2004, 10:57 AM
We got what I'd call some nice breezes but no rain, no sign of a storm. My son in law said he was up during the night checking on the storm and he heard some pretty strong gust but they didn't last long. We talked to my sisters son in Pensacola and they lost some shingles on their house and the roof of their son's play house. A co-worker that lives there said he lost a shed and the roof of another. No one KNOWS where my sister is, it appears they evacuated and went somewhere and didn't tell anybody so I will worry until someone calls with word from her. But it appears that everyone is fine so far.

My kitties did amazingly well at my daughters house and they were totally comfortable there by this morning but they were REALLY glad to be home when we got here. I went ahead and left Chester there since I know I will have to be heading off to work soon. AMY, was a total DOLL at Rie-Rie's house, sweet and affectionate to everybody and wanting tones of attention. She was stressed at first, then I sprayed that aroma therapy around and she just mellowed out and became a love bug!!

New Orleans didn't get what they expected either so I know my brother is alright there!

jazzcat
09-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Glad to hear you all are safe and back home. Hope you get word from your sister soon.

When will you be leaving for work?

Corinna
09-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Glad to hear your safe. Hoping the next one misses you too.
I am anxous to hear from the othere floridians. Do we have any Alabamians on here?

kimlovescats
09-16-2004, 11:17 AM
THANK GOD, Laura .... I have been worried about you!!!!
Hope you hear from your sister soon!

((BIG HUGS))

Kim;)

MULTICATMOM
09-16-2004, 11:35 AM
I'M SO GLAD NOBODY REALLY GOT WHAT THEY EXPECTED!! IT HAS RESTORED MY FAITH IN THE POWER OF PRAYER!!
WHAT KIND OF AROMA THERAPY WORKS? I'VE SOOM FROM AVON, IT WORKED ON ME... MY KITTYS NEED TO MELLOW OUT, THE BOY KITTYS ANYWAY!!
HOW'S AMY FEELING?

catlover4ever
09-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Laura it is so good to hear that all is well. Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

christa
09-16-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm SOOOOOO glad to hear that everything's all right! I woke up this morning wandering about ya!

Glad all is well! Let us know when you leave for work. :( I know I'm speaking for the whole board when I say, I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE AGAIN!!!

I know you have to, but we still miss ya around here!

AmberLee
09-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Whew. Such a relief! Glad to hear it.

catlady1945
09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Good news. You feel very powerless against bad weather.

catcrazylady
09-16-2004, 02:10 PM
I have been so worried about you! I kept turning on the news and I was so glad to see that Lousiana wasn't getting what they expected in the beginning. SHEW!!! I'm really sorry for all the people who have been affected by all these horrible storms but I'm really glad you weren't one of them!:D :D :D

QueenScoopalot
09-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Glad to hear everyone's safe & sound. I've been keeping a peek on the weather down there as well, and it's sure been a doozy of a season for the southern folks. Hope that's it for a while, and everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. Happy to hear little Amy is comfortable too. Keep us posted on your sister...hope all's OK with her as well. ;)

Kirsten
09-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Good to hear you're alright!! I saw all these scary pictures on the news!!

Kirsten

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I am so glad you guys didn't get a lot of damage from the hurricane. I am sure you are relieved... and glad to be home.

kiss the furry ones for me!:)

leslie
09-16-2004, 07:49 PM
YAY!! Let us know where and when you find your sister!

catmandu
09-17-2004, 09:50 AM
The Found Cats pray,that All Continues to Be Well,with You,and Your Companions!