PDA

View Full Version : Bird behaviors

Honkers36
09-15-2004, 11:14 PM
nbprincess79
He is jelous of your boyfriend. Not uncommon for birds. They are flock animals and mate for life. You are his flock. Angus my cockatoo will not go anywhere near my husband because he poses a threat to what he perceives as his mate. Not like a dog or cat, bird's choose who they want to be with. It is something your b/f has to except. Mojo loves you, and in his mind that's the way it's going to be. My bird's don't come out of their room either. I have a room that is just for them. With 22 birds you have to have that. I play with them there. thay have a stereo, TV and a place where we gather together to watch TV. A thread I posted just a while ago has a bunch of pix of it. None of the bird's are caged and are all paper trained so I don't have the mess. It is a wonderful and unique sitiuation that I have. One that requires a lot of work to keep all species happy. but we have lived in harmony for many years. I liked the ring toy above his cage I don't think I have ever seen one like that. It looks like It keeps him very busy.