PDA

View Full Version : I cut all my hair off! eek!

micki76
09-15-2004, 09:32 PM
I went tonight to get my hair highlighted and cut and got a wild hair (hardee har har) and picked out a VERY SHORT hairstyle to try! :eek: Of course I like it, but it's very different. :) I've always been very adventurous with hair colors and styles, but I've never had it this short before.

Before someone asks for pics, I came home and got in the shower immediately, so no pics. I had to wash all the hairs off of me, (I was itching sooo badly) so now I’m sitting here with it wet. It feels WONDERFUL. I cut off about 8 inches of hair! :eek:

I found these on the net. It's somewhere between this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/hairstyle.jpg

And this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/short.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 09:34 PM
wow! :eek: post pix when you can! :D

wolf_Q
09-15-2004, 09:35 PM
I bet it looks great! Take pics tomorrow! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
09-15-2004, 09:35 PM
WOW!! :eek:

I bet you look really pretty with the new cut. Get some pictures up as soon as you can! :D

I could never, ever part with my long hair.. I got it cut short once and I'll never do it again. :o

sirrahved
09-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Doesn't it feel liberating? I bet you could just sing!

Shelteez2
09-15-2004, 09:41 PM
I do that with my hair as well. It'll be long and then I'll just get a wild notion and cut it all off. I like the shock factor. I've had my hair shorter than the second pic you posted. I loved my short hair. Very little styling time.

Right now my hair is fairly long. I got a wild notion to grow it out, LOL Unfortunately I hardly take the time to style it, I usually throw it back in a ponytail or a clip.

I hope you like your new do once the shock wears off. :)

micki76
09-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh, it's great! I LOVE it. I actually wanted it shorter, more like the 2nd pic, but she was worried that I would freak out. LOL. My sister's like that when she gets a new hairstyle. She freaks and cries for days. Jeez, it's just HAIR. It does grow. LOL

I *may* take some pics tomorrow. :o ;)

The best part will be the drying time. I have VERY thick hair that holds water like a sponge, so I was spending way too much time every morning trying to get it dry. It's naturally curly too, so I have to make sure I get it fully dry or I have frizzies. :mad:

I can't wait to see how quickly the styling goes tomorrow morning.

popcornbird
09-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Cool!!! I want to see pictures! :p

I'm like Julie.....I can never part with my long hair. I would cry. :o I got a haircut several years ago that I HATED and cried for days after it. I was so happy when it grew back.

I'm sure you look beautiful! Can't wait to see!

Logan
09-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I cut 3 inches off of my hair on Saturday.....had my gray covered up too. I used a new person since I had it done on Saturday. She did great! I did great on Sunday too, styling myself. But yesterday and today have been HORRIBLE hair days!! Darn!!! Wonder what I did differently. It looked so good on Sat, and again on Sun! :eek:

jenfer
09-16-2004, 12:23 AM
i want to see pictures too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

aly
09-16-2004, 12:25 AM
If you don't post pictures, I'll drive to your house, knock on the door, and snap a picture as soon as you open the door - HAHAHA! Just kidding :D Can't wait to see a pic though. And if I don't, then I can't wait to see it in person.

Christiansmommy
09-16-2004, 07:10 AM
I love to get my hair cut short!! My hubby likes it L-O-N-G!! So right now it is longer than i have ever had it, but i might just get that urge and get it cut. I love the style of short hair...sheek ;) I end up putting my hair in a pony tail half the time when it is long and then it has no style...

can't wait to see pics ;)

Pam
09-16-2004, 07:18 AM
Doesn't it feel great to wash your hair when it is short, and the blowing dry is over in a jiffy. If you have thick hair you are doubly lucky! I can't wait for pictures and if you don't post some I am going to encourage Aly to be a little naughty and go snap some herself as you answer the door! LOL! (Do Millie and Chester recognize you? LOL!)

micki76
09-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Interesting morning. It dried while I was still putting on my make up! :eek: I had to re-wet it so that I could style it. I think I'm gonna love this.

Funny that you ask that, Pam. I used to have platinum blonde hair and when Chester was about a year old, I decided i was tired of that and had it dyed to the original dark brown. When I walked in the door, he flipped out! He was barking, running away from me, and shaking. LOL, he recovered from it fast, thankfully. He kept looking at me funny for about a week though.

This time he did bark for a second or two, but then he got it. I think he's used to my changing hair by now. Millie didn't even notice. :rolleyes:

My husband likes it long, too. I just suggested that he grow his hair out to mid-back and deal with it every day. That shut him up pretty fast. ;)

cloverfdx
09-16-2004, 09:36 AM
:eek: I was just about to start a thread Micki, i got all of my hair cut off today aswell, it is shorter than i have ever had it before. :D

I bet your hair looks GREAT, i too would love to see some pics.

That is awesome that you love your new doo :D.

ComedyDevil
09-16-2004, 04:24 PM
:eek: You're brave ... my hair changes colour all the time but I couldn't cut it really short! Last time I had my hair cut I only had a few inches off, it looked horrible. Kinda put me off trying it again. :p

I want to see pictures too! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Bump!

We wanna see the pics, Mick! :D:p

shais_mom
09-16-2004, 10:21 PM
I wanna see pics too Micki!
Personally I love my short hair also!
Short and Spikey!