PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Cockatiel Info! :D

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Okay, i REALLY want to get a cockatiel, especially one like popcorn :D ;) so, is there anything that i REALLY need to know about them? i'd like to know the following things:

#1 How much noise do they make (important!) lol
#2 How much attention do they require?
#3 How Much Do they Cost?
#4 How Much does their cage cost?

Well, those are my 3 main ones, any other help would be appreciated, too :D
thanx,
Dev

sirrahved
09-15-2004, 09:07 PM
I've been a cockatiel owner for a whole day! I can tell you what I've experienced and also what I've heard from people on here and research that I did before getting a cockatiel.

They aren't that noisy, in my experience less noisy than a parakeet. They can be demanding when asking for attention, though!

My Tandoori likes people very much! So quite a bit of attention. Remember that you become it's flock. This seems quite typical of tiels I've heard about.

I've heard unanimously that varied diet is super important. I learned today the hard way that Tandoori likes to snitch food. She dove for my plate and stole a smidge of potato! After that I put her away lol. Everywhere I've read it has said to combine pellets, seed, fresh fruits and veggies, rice, and whole wheat bread.

Good luck in your decision!

P.S. Can I ask if Dev is your full first name? Mine's Devon, and I keep wondering about your name!

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Thank you! :D now i just have to persuade my mom... LOL!!
BTW, Devon is my name too! :D :D

sirrahved
09-15-2004, 09:18 PM
No way! There aren't too many Devon's out there. lol there's a college basketball player named Devon Harris, though, and also one of the Jamaican bobsled guys has my name! There's also at least one other person in the world with my full name... first, middle, and last. Before I got married I was an original!

Sorry to hijack your thread... Commence with the tiel talk!

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 09:21 PM
YAYA!! LOL what a couinquidink!!
"Jamaica, we have a bobsled team"
LOL :D :D

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Especially not to many spelled with an O either!! :D

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
bump :)

GoldenRetrLuver
09-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Refer to both of these threads. They have some great information from people who own Cockatiels, and other birds.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58654

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57085

Good Luck. :)

flamepony12
09-15-2004, 10:26 PM
wow, thank you! :D i think that answered ALL of my questions! LOL :D

flamepony12
09-16-2004, 12:57 PM
anyone know how much a good sized tiel cage would cost?