PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone..

Aspen and Misty
09-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Has anyone ever ruined something for you so much that it makes you not like it any more?

I have something that I really enjoy and it's just for fun but someone is ruining it for me and I'm considering dropping it, it's just not worth the hassle. I used to enjoy it, but now its just work and not fun. I used to think this was the greatest thing, but now because of this one person I just don't think it is any more. I don't know what to do about this. Should I stop what I was doing since it's not fun because of this one person? Or should I keep doing it and hope it gets better (been doing this for a week or two)

Any advice?

Ash

ComedyDevil
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
It depends on what the 'thing' is, and the situation, but

If you really don't enjoy it anymore, and it's no fun for you, then stop doing it ... there's no point forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do, you'll just make yourself unhappy.

If deep down you DO want to keep doing it, but you're just getting frustrated by this person ruining it, then keep on doing it.

Don't let someone stop you doing something you love. If they're delibaretly trying to ruin it for you just ignore them - they'll get bored eventually.

If they honestly don't realise they're ruining it for you, maybe have a word with them? "I know you mean well, but it just feels like work, it's not fun anymore" or something?

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

kingrattus
09-15-2004, 10:57 PM
I was in the same situation several years back & I got so upset I'm having a hard time getting back into it. I'll just sit there & stair for hours and not do a darn thing.

I use to draw daily, but after I was threatened death because I refused to draw a stupid king's thron (sp).

before he threatened me, I caught him beating my friends dog & a few days after he threatened me he sexually molested my friend!! she was 12, I was 14 & he was 34ish. I'm glad hes gone now (he vanished, long story), but I see no fun in drawing anymore.

try not to give it up, it'll drive u nuts down the road

dogs_4_me
09-16-2004, 01:39 PM
thats kind of like me and band class, last year I loved it, I looked forward to it, this year its horrible, just because of this one kid. I am thinking of quitting, I dont know what to tell you really, I guess if it is bad enough aand causing too much stress then there is no point in been there anyways