rg_girlca
09-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Craftlady
How's he doing today?

DITTO!

Hope we don't have to start whining.:eek:

QueenScoopalot
09-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Yes CCL...please, you know how much everyone detests the whining but inquiring minds do want to know? :confused: ;)

MULTICATMOM
09-15-2004, 07:49 PM
OOPS! I STARTED IT...:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: HOW'S HOW IS THE #1 GOOSTER?

catcrazylady
09-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Mr. Magoo is doing just fine! He is such a sweety!
I have to tell you about Magoo and Rosco. Magoo has done very well with the little ones and I can promise you Rosco can try his patience! Rosco is notorious for running up to Magoo and tagging him on the face. Of course Magoo doesn't see it coming and usually just jerks his head back quickly, like what the heck was that!! So Rosco will whack him again! Now Magoo starts sniffing and he knows it's the baby and he will just turn and walk away.
This morning was extra special and precious! (Sorry but the camera was in the other room at the time) Hubby went to the bathroom to shower and Magoo did his usual under the door thing. Rosco just had to get involved of course. Hubby played with them for a minute and then got in the shower. Rosco rolls over on his back and scoots up under Magoos head. Now Maggo sniffs his belly and Rosco wraps his whole body around Magoos face!!! I felt that old pain in my arm and I knew with one good chomp Rosco was going to lose his innards!!!:eek: I held my breath, said a prayer and decided not to intervene. Magoo gently nuzzled Rosco until he got him off of his face. Rosco then reached out and smacked Magoo's paw and very gently Magoo reached out and smacked Rosco's paw. They continued this exchange for awhile before Rosco had to move on to torture his sister.
I really think Magoo likes the babies! He is so gentle with Abigail and extremely tolerent of Rosco. The only thing I wish Rosco wouldn't do is the fly by head whacks because Magoo seems to never be really sure of what just happened:eek:
I'm so proud of Magoo and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him enjoying the little ones. The gentleness and patience he is showing them is over whelming to me. It makes me love him even more and I didn't think that was possible!

btw-Magoo has not been on any medication for several months now. Isn't that great, especially with the arrival of the babies!!!

Craftlady
09-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Glad to here Magoo is doing so well after the vets visit.
That is so super that he hasn't been on any medications for a while. :)

catmandu
09-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Its nice,to see that Scarppy Magoo,takes after RB Mr Scrappy,who was very good,with the New Cats,at the Hotel,and like his namesake,has a Big Heart!

Grace
09-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Mr. Magoo is doing just fine! He is such a sweety! . . . . . . . . .

I really think Magoo likes the babies! He is so gentle with Abigail and extremely tolerent of Rosco. The only thing I wish Rosco wouldn't do is the fly by head whacks because Magoo seems to never be really sure of what just happened:eek:

I'm so proud of Magoo and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him enjoying the little ones. The gentleness and patience he is showing them is over whelming to me. It makes me love him even more and I didn't think that was possible!

btw-Magoo has not been on any medication for several months now. Isn't that great, especially with the arrival of the babies!!!

Thanks so very much for the update on Magoo. You had me in tears as I read about Magoo and the babes. Please give him hugs, and kisses, and belly rubs.

nibblets
09-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Magoo has adjusted so wonderfully to your home and the other occupants. I'm sure the problems he had at first were just stray cat defense instincts. It took him a while to learn that he was in a safe place and to let the real Magoo personality come through.

He is a precious one...that is for sure!:D

jazzcat
09-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Aww Lisa, that is just great about Magoo and the babies. You described how Magoo and Rosco played so vividly that I could actually see it in my head. How adorable! I'm glad Magoo is okay with them and is being so sweet and gentle.

Now what do we have to do to get that camera hanging around your neck at all times? Do I need to send you a camera strap???

Laura's Babies
09-16-2004, 11:06 AM
My Magooster is a real champ and he always comes through for us! I love how they seem to understand "babies" and are so different towards them. Why should he be different?

MULTICATMOM
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
MAGOO IS THE WONDER BOY!! THE NOSE KNOWS;) ROSCOE'S A RASCALLY KITTEN!! BUT I'VE A FEELING WHEN ROSCOE GROWS UP, MAGOO WILL BE GETTING A LITTLE PAYBACK...

Vio&Juni
09-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Awwwww, how sweet!

DJFyrewolf36
09-16-2004, 01:20 PM
You might have to change his name to Daddy Magoo!! It is so wonderful that he is adjusting to having bouncy kittens in the house. Magoo really does have a lot of patence(sp?). I really admire him and I admire you for giving this precious boy another chance! Yay Magoo!

moosmom
09-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Lisa,

Don't forget to give yourself and your hubby a big strong pat on the back. If it weren't for you, Magoo might not be!

BTW, I haven't sent in the story to Cat Fancy yet. Okay, I'm lazy. But they want copies of previously published articles and I have had a chance to copy them. I'll let you know when I do. Is there any specific title you want to give it? That's the one thing I haven't given it yet.

Put on your thinking cap girl!!

Laura's Babies
09-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Might I suggest "The Amazing Mr. Magooster"

"The most touching and inspiring story of one scrappy old blind street cat."

rg_girlca
09-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Aww jeez Lisa, just when I thought I was over tears for Magoo, you go and pull a story like this. http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys1/4_9_7[1].gif

I can just picture him gently nuzzling little Rosco away from him.
How precious is that.
That's such great news that Magoo hasn't had any medications for several months. Yahoo Magoo.

I love you so much Magoo. Big http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys1/knuddel_2.gif and http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys1/lips.gif from me to you sweet boy.:D

catcrazylady
09-17-2004, 06:12 AM
Donna I have no idea what to name it but I realy like Laura's suggestion. I think it's a very nice title and attention getting too.
Thanks Laura!!:D