PDA

View Full Version : =( Still worried about Jasper and having trouble sleeping!

DogLover9501
09-15-2004, 04:29 PM
:(

I can't seem to stop thinking about Jasper being on these life shortening pills! I hate it :( I can never get to sleep at decent hours unless Im sick, because I think about him alot when I lay in bed at night.

Also alot of family members and people tell me he's looking alot better and all sorts of things like that, and I *love* that he's looking better and not scratching, but I can never bring myself to smile about it, because of those horrible pills.

I feel like Jasper could die anyday, I know that's not true, and Im not quite sure why I feel that way, but it's just I have asked the vet several times and other people ABOUT how much time this can take off his life, and I've never gotten any exact answers or any that helps, so I always feel like they are killing him :( :( :(

I also feel trapped, at a dead end, because our vet cant do anything else, I know we tried ALOT of stuff, but it's not enough, because I still don't know what's wrong, and I *NEED* to know whats wrong with my baby :(

Ugh, one of my biggest fears is the unknown, I hate not knowing what these pills are doing to his organs, I hate not knowing how much life he actually has--he's way too young for me to worry about that, but most of all I hate not knowing whats wrong with him, and how to fix it :( :(

:( Sorry, I just needed to vent

chocolatepuppy
09-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Jasper knows you love him and are doing everything you can to help him. If only you could stop worrying and just enjoy him and that he's doing better! I myself would prefer to have my dogs feeling ok even if it meant their lives may be shortened by a few years. Have you tried looking the drug up online? Maybe it could give you an idea but I'm sure each case is different. I hope you can find some peace with this. :)

DogLover9501
09-18-2004, 08:46 AM

I have been trying to look at the good side, so I hope I can start getting to sleep!

KYS
09-18-2004, 09:23 AM
You are doing the best for Jasper.
His quality of life has improved.
You are a good mommy to him,
enjoy and keep giving him plenty of love.
Their is no guarrantees in life even
if you stopped the pills.

dappledoxie
09-18-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry, I can understand how you feel. {{{Hugs}}} But I agree, you are doing the best for him, at least he is more comfortable.

Isn't he on Prednisolone?

Here's a website I go to to learn about animal drugs: Pet Palace (http://www.petplace.com/Default.asp)

and here's the Link (http://www.petplace.com/articles/artShow.asp?artID=1553) to the info on pred.

DogLover9501
09-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys :)

And thanks for the links, Im going to check them out now