PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have a "garfield" mannered cat?

sirrahved
09-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello everybody! As some of you may already know, I have added a cockatiel, Tandoori, to the zoo over here. Marshmallow couldn't care less! She has close to NO hunting instinct. She will occasionally attack a bug, but she's never showed an ounce of aggression towards anything bigger. We've even put the mice on top of her. I thought that this sort of non-aggression only existed in the mind of Jon Davis.

Anyone else have uber-nonthreatening little bundles of fluff?

chrangharris
09-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I wish! Oreo plays with ANYTHING that he can get to! It's like having a toddler running around. Ezzie and Oreo's new favorite toys are anything "baby". We get down on the floor to play and here those two come to join in on the fun!

Laura's Babies
09-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, mine want to pounce on ANYTHING that moves. Bugs drive them wild and even if it is on the celing, they are trying to figure out how to get up there and get to it. I won't even realize there is a bug IN the house until they start looking at it and meowing at it.. EEK!

Grace
09-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Our first cat after we got married, AnnaBelle. She was the world's most docile creature.

There was a Kildeer nest in our driveway turn-around, complete with eggs. AnnaBelle would lie on the lawn about 5 feet away and just watch Momma Kildeer sitting on her eggs. She never showed the slightest interest in attacking, but I'm sure it drove the Kildeer nuts.

sirrahned
09-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi There!

Yes Dylan is just like that. He is Mr Cool. I don't think anything rumples him...

Love,
Dad

DJFyrewolf36
09-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Remus bugs things you would think he would have NO intrest in (lint on the floor, change on the floor, feet, clothes...) and ignores the obvious targets (Rats, Lizard, Snake). He doesn't even pay attention to the sparrows outside. I guess he prefers prey that won't bite back!

catmandu
09-16-2004, 08:57 AM
The found Cats,are pretty relaxed,they are more curious,than angry,when the Strays,occasinally sneak in!

cubby31682
09-16-2004, 09:19 AM
I use to have 2 birds, they were out of their cage 25/7 even with cubby being out and about all day long. Ever time they flew off the cage Cubby ran and hid under the bed, he was afraid of them. He loved to watch them but he never wanted to hurt them. If i wasn't home the birds would stay ontop of the cage, and cubby would lay on the couch asleep. He has killed 1 fly so far. He also killed a chicken as well ( he stole a peice of chicken off of hubby's plate and he Cubby thought he killed it).

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-16-2004, 09:27 AM
No Garfield at my house!

T & J are the best exterminators in the whole world...

Jupiter attacks ANYTHING that moves though... :D

jazzcat
09-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Nope, no Garfields now. Well actually Ripley kind of is that way now since he's 12 years old but that wasn't the story the first 10 years of his life. As for Jazz and Scout, they hunt everything. If there's nothing else around they hunt each other.

catland
09-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, Jan is kind of like Garfield because she wishes we would pack up Joxer and mail him off to Ahbudabi.:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by catland
Well, Jan is kind of like Garfield because she wishes we would pack up Joxer and mail him off to Ahbudabi.:D

*lol*lol*:D

sirrahved
09-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by catland

*still cracking up*

I think Marsh sees Muffin as her "Odie"!